Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Another horror movie was released recently, Return to Sleepaway Camp. I finally had the opportunity to watch this and it was highly entertaining. Not everyone will agree but it did have all the elements, an abundance of violence and a ton of characters all with their own individual rear end in a top hat camper personalities and character studies.

It's a true and worthy sequel to the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

InfiniteZero posted:

Thanks for the recommendation, although I'm not sure if a filmmaker would have to worry too hard about making a film that's "worthy" of the series (and I say this as a big fan). That's kinda like saying "this new 3-D shark film is certainly worthy of Jaws 3-D!".

The film was actually finished shooting in 2003, during shooting a lot of energy was put in to make it look filmed in the same era as it's predecessors. So it was really neat to see what looked like a well done 80's slasher but only released this year. I'm not sure anymore what I meant by worthy as you've confused me about that, but it had a very similar feel to it's predecessors.

It's definitely an interesting change from seeing a lot of remakes as it is an honest sequel to an old horror movie series made by the same people.