Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a slight oil leak (not quite to the point of "never have to do an oil change, just top it off regularly" but I do occasionally have to add half a quart or so between changes. I know where the leak is now and it's getting fixed as soon as it's warmer/I suck it up and pay someone else to do it while it's cold) and just had my vehicle in the shop for exhaust work the other day and the manager of the shop and I walked under it after he got it in the air so I could show him what I wanted done and he happened to walk under just in time to take a drip of oil to the bridge of his nose.

Kind of embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

^^^ My 98 TDI has found a way to bypass oil changes, but I'm not even in the mood of doing poo poo to it anymore since I've replaced every relevant part and still have a p01550 code that throws it into perma-limp mode, so come the 1st of next month when my house sells after escrow, it's going away because daddy needs another commute box.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 16, 2014

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

I had an '01 Civic that leaked about 1.5-2 quarts per week. I put in the cheapest crap oil I could find and didn't bother changing it for over 100k miles. The oil on the dipstick still looked clean when I got rid of the car.

wkarma
Jul 16, 2010
Recently doubled the amount of S4 in my garage, decided the new one needed some new shoes to celebrate.

Bonus family shot

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You bastard.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

wkarma posted:

Recently doubled the amount of S4 in my garage, decided the new one needed some new shoes to celebrate.

Bonus family shot

I saw you post this over on AZ, and while I like the overall package, I feel like you have too many trim colors going on. Black grille frame, chrome window trim, gunmetal wheels. To me, those three elements are part of the same "family" and should match. If anything, I'd black out the window trim to tie it to the grille surround better, but that's me. Regardless, I love sprint blue on the B8 S4. If my first B8 S4 had been that color, I would have kept it. What suspension are you running?

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 18, 2014

wkarma
Jul 16, 2010

DropShadow posted:

I saw you post this over on AZ, and while I like the overall package, I feel like you have too many trim colors going on. Black grille frame, chrome window trim, gunmetal wheels. To me, those three elements are part of the same "family" and should match. If anything, I'd black out the window trim to tie it to the grille surround better, but take my opinion with a grain of salt. Regardless, I love sprint blue on the B8 S4. If my first B8 S4 had been that color, I would have kept it. What suspension are you running?

That's something I've thought about, in person it doesn't seem to jump out nearly as much as in the pictures. When I was wheel shopping I just didn't like the brightness of machined face/bright silver wheels to match the trim. It is a work in progress though.

Suspension came with the car, H&R super sports springs on stock dampers. It's honestly probably 1/4-1/2 inch too low (especially in the front). PSS10's are lined up for riiight about tax refund time to solve that issue for good.

wkarma fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 18, 2014

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

I have a 1996 Mustang Cobra

just repainted it myself not too long ago but I messed up the clearcoat mix, so I have to sand it all down and re clear it because it never cured :downs:

What kind of car meet is this I'm confused...

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Every time I wash it, the car gets covered in salt dust again :( I'm contemplating some debadging on the rear and a little drop in ride height.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devyl posted:

Every time I wash it, the car gets covered in salt dust again :( I'm contemplating some debadging on the rear and a little drop in ride height.

A buddy of mine picked up a sedan which I was lusting over but yours is so much nicer.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The coupes are so much better than the sedan at nearly everything unless you need 4 doors. They can even be had with a brembo brake option from the factory. Excellent looking car, and I feel what you're saying about the salt dust. Washed my black car Saturday and it was dusty before I got home :hf:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Somebody say something about dust?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wkarma posted:

Bonus family shot

Nice pick up! What are the details on the B5 and what plans do you have?

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

The nicest car I've owned (so far, my bar is probably very low for AI)

I think its a load of fun, quick enough (2.0 VTEC) and is ridiculously refined for a Japanese car. They don't seem to believe the UK and its roads exists so this is a welcome change from Toyotas.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I've always thought that generation of accord were really handsome cars, the estates too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

stump posted:

I've always thought that generation of accord were really handsome cars, the estates too.

Holy crap, it is an Accord! I just immediately saw Acura TSX.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Holy crap, it is an Accord! I just immediately saw Acura TSX.

It was sold as the acura TSX in north america. it's different from the american accord which is a fat blob.

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu
My Honda Accord Type S 2.4 Wagon '08
Love it to death!

And my tracktoy Honda Integra Type R with a EDM K20A2

raseri fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 21, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Umm, what the gently caress. Post more about them both, especially the K20 swapped car. :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BlackMK4 posted:

especially the K20 swapped car. :)

Screw that, I want to see more of that wagon.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

After years lusting for one, picked up a Dadmobile that is functional, practical and fun. MN salt is the worst salt.

2014 Dodge Charger SXT

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I sat behind one the other day. Daydreaming of having one with a pistol grip manual. God that would be nice.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow, it actually looks good from that side shot. Why don't they put that in the ads instead of the front end?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

raseri posted:

And my tracktoy Honda Integra Type R with a EDM K20A2

Noice. Anderstorp?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wow, it actually looks good from that side shot. Why don't they put that in the ads instead of the front end?

Yeah, it doesn't even look that slab-sided compared to a lot of other cars.

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu

BlackMK4 posted:

Umm, what the gently caress. Post more about them both, especially the K20 swapped car. :)

It's a EDM DC2R with BPU K20A2 from a Euro CTR '05 with stage 2 cams and some bolt ons 210whp and 225 R888 allaround

meatpimp posted:

Screw that, I want to see more of that wagon.

Wagonass it is

Just before wintermode

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Noice. Anderstorp?

Yepp! Awesome track btw!

raseri fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 22, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

raseri posted:

It's a EDM DC2R with BPU K20A2 from a Euro CTR '05 with stage 2 cams and some bolt ons 210whp and 225 R888 allaround

That is gorgeous, white is by far the best Integra color :allears:

I want one

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?
I'm still smitten with the Alfa 156 - it's just so nice to drive, and doesn't look like a typical eurobox estate car (It's a Sportwagon, dammit!)

Yes, the teledials need refurbished, and there's a few minor rust spots round the tailgate, and the Lambda sensors need replaced, but there's nothing that isn't fixable. Xenon bulbs all-round up-front, even fixed the headlight washers.

reddeathdrinker fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 22, 2014

wkarma
Jul 16, 2010

GramCracker posted:

Nice pick up! What are the details on the B5 and what plans do you have?

B5 is a custom tuned VAST stage 2 with tip chip, turboback, Stasis tracksport suspension and H&R sways. Thinking about selling it eventually.

New one is already GIAC stage 2 on H&R super sports springs. Those are being changed out for PSS10s soon with a camber kit. Not sure how far I'm going to take it past that, it's pretty great as it is.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wkarma posted:

B5 is a custom tuned VAST stage 2 with tip chip, turboback, Stasis tracksport suspension and H&R sways. Thinking about selling it eventually.

New one is already GIAC stage 2 on H&R super sports springs. Those are being changed out for PSS10s soon with a camber kit. Not sure how far I'm going to take it past that, it's pretty great as it is.

I'm not surprised you're thinking of selling the B5, it's a TIP.

Did you do the pulley on the B8? Either way, how it's modded (performance wise) is perfect. It's a healthy/safe 400whp.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Just another day at the office.

wkarma
Jul 16, 2010

GramCracker posted:

I'm not surprised you're thinking of selling the B5, it's a TIP.

Did you do the pulley on the B8? Either way, how it's modded (performance wise) is perfect. It's a healthy/safe 400whp.

No pulley, but it was actually a GIAC development car and has a semi-custom no-pulley stage 2 tune. Not quite as much power as with the pulley (not a whole lot different supposedly), but no dealer modified car problems either. I agree, performance wise it's just right.

I don't really mind the tip on the B5, as it was my DD and I didn't want to deal with a manual in traffic. I have an upgraded torque converter and the tip chip reprogramming in it, but only because the .35c seal that fails on all the stock ones finally did on mine. It holds the stage 2 power fine, and worked great out on the track.

wkarma fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 25, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
My friend bought a clean old Honda Insight. Now I like Hondas so I bought one.

This is after installing the Koni/GC thing, and some wheels that fit.

WATCH OUT ROCKY MOUNTAIN SOLO

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
loving Nice. Got any interior shots?

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Chinatown posted:

loving Nice. Got any interior shots?

Behold, my intact bolster and rear parcel shelf.

The factory steering wheel is slightly loose at the 12 O'clock position, so I am replacing it with a black Nardi Classic.

Also, where do I go to cash in this OEM Honda sunroof visor thing?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Jesus christ. It's a rarity that I even see a a 4th gen, let alone one that clean. Out of curiosity, how much does a clean si go for these days?

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

I'm not sure what a good price is. I paid $2300.
Plus the Koni/Ground Control, rear sway bar, wheels and tires it's about $4000 now.

I only removed the purpled tint and 90's Kenwood flip face CD player for something with a USB/iPod.

About 44mpg on the way home as well, it's a lovely car.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 26, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chriskory posted:

Behold, my intact bolster and rear parcel shelf.

The factory steering wheel is slightly loose at the 12 O'clock position, so I am replacing it with a black Nardi Classic.

:eyepop:

Did you buy this from an old person or what gat drat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Chriskory posted:

I'm not sure what a good price is. I paid $2300.
Plus the Koni/Ground Control, rear sway bar, wheels and tires it's about $4000 now.

Holy poo poo, you stole that thing. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I don't understand. Where is the bodykit and all the stickers? :confused: