Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Trans Ferdinand posted:

6-speed manual. It's a stripper GTI; only options are the Hufeisens and the armrest IPOD hookup.

The DSG is a pretty nice transmission, and I test-drove a DSG, but I've only ever owned manual cars. The Mechatronics failures make me think that I made the right choice.

Those wheels are awesome. :colbert: Try focusing on the Cuisenart-slicer aspect rather than the horseshoe aspect.
I have the exact same car, down to the color. One thing to consider about the APR tune with the manual transmission is that it may cause the clutch to slip, depending on a couple factors. I got mine used with 60k miles and the clutch started to slip in the high gears under WOT a couple weeks after going stage 1. I went back to stock as a result. You might not have any problems, but it's just something to consider. The stock clutches aren't designed for the extra torque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Because it turned a $500 upgrade into a $1500-2000 one? The clutch holds fine under stock power, but yes, the previously owner probably beat the snot out of it. One day I will upgrade or replace the clutch and go back to stage 1, possibly k04.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Including labor.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Hell froze over and I sold my GTI on craigslist for asking price, which has allowed me to get the car I've been lusting after for 5 years. Previous owner modded it with almost everything short of a supercharger (intake, exhaust, tune, etc) and it is loud as gently caress. Love it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Oh I'm well aware of all the timing guide business. This one at least should have the "updated" B7 components, is low mileage (38k), and has a carmax warranty to 100k. It also doesn't have a lick of startup rattle, cold or otherwise. That said, I still say a small prayer to the vag gods every time I start it up.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Modus Man posted:

That is a drat fine looking automobile. I like that it still looks all white collar on the outside but you can tell from the wide-set wheels that it has a blue-collar body underneath that crisp suit and tie. I'd love to hear it if you can get some audio.
This is all I have on hand. I'll have to find a good tunnel nearby to make a proper clip because, my god, the sound.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Can you please at least put the proper badge on the front? Otherwise, sharp car! Take car of her and she will take car of you, if ya know what I mean fellas.
What's wrong with the badge? I like it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

GramCracker posted:

It's an early S4 badge, found on anything older than a 2000 (and harkens back to the Ur S cars). Really doesn't match the "newness' of a B7.
I like it as a nod to the history of the car. Plus it's shiny. But you are entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Cage posted:

No one cares about badges. I want to see more pictures of willroc7s Audi, not hear about your badge code of honor.
Can't escape badgegazi :supaburn:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Divine.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

DropShadow posted:

Rolling shot in the rain on the way to Camp allroad taken by a buddy of mine.

Dude, you don't have an S car. Give it up already.

Also wrong badge.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

DropShadow posted:

I had 2 B8 S4's, and I like my allroad better than both. With its E85 tune, I have no problem keeping up with a stock S4. A tuned S4 murders me though. Thank you for being a friend.

Edit: I just realized willroc is the badge guy. My car would beat your B7 S4 and looks better too.
Mine has 3 pedals and a V8.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

For reals though I wish I had a wagon. Cool car.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I figure this is as good a time as any to post more of my badge blasphemy. A possum helped me take my front lip off, which might make some of you happy. Also I polished MAH TIPZZ.

edit: sweet tx for avatar

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 27, 2015

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Still gotta black out the chrome whiskers.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Got some new old wheels for my winter setup and they came with just the perfect accessories :hehe:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

drat period correctness is so hard :flame:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Something with three pedals.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

The S3 was never available with it (at least in the States). Audi has also announced the new B9 S4 will be auto only. No DSG either, just the ZF 8 speed.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Get that sweet sweet VAG timing chain action.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Yea they made the guides out of metal in the RS rather than plastic on the S. Imagine that. You do have to deal with carbon buildup on those though.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

This just went for sale https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5428943127.html badgebro. My personal favorite color and if it wasn't literally double what I spent on my S4, I'd consider it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

An S3 with the exact options that I got on my R is 53k MSRP.
I'm not sure I've ever seen you post without referencing your R. We get it, you have a Golf R.

Audi will still briefly sell you an S4 with a stick, but the B9 won't have one. You used to be able to get an A4 quattro in MT as well but it looks as though that's now gone from their website.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Tremek posted:

Better yet, willroc7's entire post history in this thread is about his own Audis & VWs. R-envy?
:flame:

Come now, I've done some pretty mediocre shitposting as well.

I actually passed on a Golf R in favor of the S4 I have now. Pretty happy with the decision since it was significantly cheaper and, you know, has a V8 and a proper AWD system.

In hindsight, however, perhaps I should have saved my angsty callout post for any other thread :v:.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

PenisMonkey posted:

I got a Donald Trump Wig and an external mic for my GoPro, wired my M3 wife's GLE63 for sound and then drove down some roads/on ramps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVxxOwi3j4

I don't like the transmission at all. I was using the paddles and holy poo poo it shifts so slowly. I can do a proper manual faster than that thing. Her seats are really drat comfortable... they even massage. I like my steering wheel better. I could feel the extra ton of weight (who wouldn't?) and it does feel like a tank. They don't have the option for a HUD but I don't mind that so much as there is a digital readout on the console.

Are those exhaust "poots" afterfires? Hot drat sounds nasty.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Hell yea.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

PenisMonkey posted:

E: I should clarify that I never went WOT with it. It's not my car and I didn't tell the wife I was going to take it out to grab some exhaust notes. I just told her I was running to the store (which I was) and she was cool with that. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.
drat do you wear your skirt to the store too? :cmon:

Ziploc posted:

I still wonder if those have any actual purpose. Or are programmed in just to make people "OMGMUCHSPORT"
I think this is it. The focus RS has them as well.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Late model Audis see possibly the biggest aesthetic boost from running no front plate. Mean looking front end!

Edit: new page content :downs:

This was taken before a possum helped me remove the front lip. Been debating putting it back on. Yay or nay?

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 24, 2016

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

:911: fitting lack of front 'murica plate on your allroad

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

RapeWhistle posted:

Here's a few shots during the alignment after suspension overhaul. How bad is my taste with regards to the wheels?
Could be worse, at least your car is black. Your stance is really nice though. Not too low and bang on flush. My only nitpick would be the blacked out rings on the grille.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

RapeWhistle posted:

They're actually LY7P which is the titanium color for the Ti package. :goonsay:

And you ditched the titanium wheels? For shame!

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

1 owner since new, all records, and pretty darn clean!

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Jealous. Was it not big enough for his kiddo?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

bought this not too long ago

Nice ride. Test driving a dolphin grey B6 S4 lead me to eventually buy my B7. How many miles on it? Make sure you let it warm up completely before putting your foot into it, and get some center caps! Also I hope you know about the timing chain... Oh, and maybe get some nice oldschool S4 badges for the front :getin:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Oh how I've been waiting for this moment.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

RIP Paul Walker posted:

You really need to learn how to pay attention, you drive like an oblivious stoned highschooler.

This is really unfair to stoned highschoolers. They are quite cautious.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Babby's first oil change :toot:

I will be whoring this thing out all the time. so prepare yourself.

Right color, wrong transmission.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

IronDoge posted:

Upgraded from my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS to this:

2016 Dodge Charger R/T. I'll try and avoid wrapping myself around a tree. I'm starting to understand the War Boys' cult of V8 now.

Did you buy from Carvana? I'm curious, what was the experience like?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Voltage posted:

Just picked up this '95 Miata, and man is it clean as hell. Seriously no rust at all anywhere.
Drove it from Milwaukee back to PA, about ~850 miles, which of course rock chipped the absolute gently caress out of the hood and bumper. The paint was absolutely perfect when I left :negative:

Ordered a Dr. colorchip kit, so we'll see how that goes...

I plan to use it mainly as a fun summer car, going to fully refresh the suspension, so all bilstein dampers and all new rubber (possibly poly) bushings, wilwood brake kit, and a rollbar so I can take it to the track at some point this summer. Once I get it sorted I'm going to slap in a turbo.

Very nice looking. How many miles on it? Let me know how the suspension refresh goes because I have a 95 w/ 97k on it that I suspect would benefit from one as well. Are you going to DIY also?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Jymmybob posted:

Base price for a coupe was 3500, plus 300 for door jambs partially wrapped, plus 700 for wheels, calipers, and wrap ceramic pro'ed. The base price included all prep work including filling rock chips/scratches and wet sanding the front and rear bumpers. They'll need repainted when the wrap finally wears out in like 10 years but weren't perfect anyways and both had already been resprayed. He said the turbo was a pain with the million little louvers everywhere and it took 3 weeks instead of 1-2 but the price didn't change. They're probably the best place in the region and every time I visited they had a new pile of nice cars plus they had done a 996 GT2 in the same wrap in the past so I knew they were up for it. http://www.rehabdetailing.com/

Expensive but that looks amazing. We gotta get out for a drive before the weather turns!