Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Belldandy posted:

Took these two shots today in downtown Chicago:

Still have the Evo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
:monocle: Is there a thread?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

meatpimp posted:

Porsche thread? In AI? That can only be a great idea.

No, about the Formula Conti.

Yeticopter posted:

The 2nd gen 997's are just incredible.

The first gen motors are stronger, at least in the turbos. I've been driving one making 711whp on occasion for the past month. :dance: First thing I've driven that I think is actually quicker than my (well, former as of last week) 09 ZX6R.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 6, 2011

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The new 3 is really a big car compared to what it used to be. Comparatively, its is about the same size of my E39 5er.... The 1 series is what the 3 should be. By the way that 1 series is a FANTASTIC driving car.

I drove one of the M 1 Series.. oh my god. I will own one of those eventually.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MiniFoo posted:

hi there, how's it going

First one there... there is an abandoned car dealership near me that has a white one sitting in the showroom. I really need to borrow it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

parrhesia posted:

Wait. You are telling us there is an abandoned 037 sitting around somewhere? :psyboom:
They built only 262 of these in the first place (of which several are probably destroyed now due to racing) and now they cost a loving fortune! Go and take pictures, please. I can't believe that someone would let that thing stay there for so long.

Pics will come tonight, I get off work at 5 and I will run home and grab my camera.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Rhyno posted:

You're just fixated on cones because of your avatar.
I think he'd do better in autocross without that fixation. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

D C posted:

Pfft, amateurs

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

davebo posted:

I dunno man, when you posted a photo of it a few weeks ago saying you were thinking of selling it I almost replied with "how much?"
Then I will go ahead and ask....

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

DropShadow posted:

'Sup black-wagon-with-BLQs buddy.

Welp, poo poo. That looks amazing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Paul Boz_ posted:

loving right, welcome to the army. More pics! I'm guessing you're from the UK? I did a doubletake on the 9k redline on an '07. I wish my '07 had a 9k redline :(

Flash pro + header + drop vtec engagement to 4200rpm + bump redline to 8500rpm. :v:

edit: Posting that made me want another S2000 :suicide:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 31, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, that's how the AP2 was also, I'm not sure if they changed the tach at some point outside the US from AP1 to AP2 style.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

azerdude32 posted:

I got around to washing the car for once and I took a few pictures

I love your car.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
BBS LM knockoffs, probably. VS-XX step different on the lip.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MetaJew posted:

I think that'd start looking pretty mexiflush... :/

They are 17x8.5 +30 so an 8 wouldn't be mexiflush.

edit: Here is a 17x8 +30

edit2: here is a 17x9 +30. Mexiflush.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 27, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

meatpimp posted:

You really have a strange idea of what fast is. The Tundra is quick for what it is -- a full-sized truck. The S4, even stock, is so much quicker that they are not comparable to a significant degree.

The S4 isn't all that much quicker, 5.5 to 60 vs like 6.3 or something. I'd almost guess that the truck would probably win in most stoplight encounters with average drivers because of the lolmashthegas part.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 1, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: Wrong thread, over to cellphone car picture thread.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 6, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
poo poo, just realized I posted that to the wrong thread.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I didn't realize they were that cheap. Nice.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sockington posted:

He's not saying that at all.

He's saying he would just bolt the wing on when doing things that are above legal speeds.

If driving to work, at 70mph max, is the additional downforce needed?

Who needs more than a 600cc diesel Smart car to get to work? gently caress that attitude, total anti-AI.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They are. Another example of this stuff would be the Lamborgini Diablo having 300zx head lights or the McLaren F1 having VW Corrado side mirrors. It happens.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So what is the mod list on the Yaris? Looks like a really fun commuter.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ouhei posted:

:(

I'm fine, should be ruled the other drivers fault (she crossed a double yellow to get into a turn lane early). Good chance she's done for though...

This happened to me. I was found at fault.

edit:

(Mill and Broadway for Tempe locals)

Basically, she was speeding, cuts into the double/solid line meant for making immediate turns while stopped traffic waves me through a gap. I see her flying up far too late, jam on the brakes so pretty much only the front right corner of my bumper is in that lane, and she cuts over into me enough to drag the right corner of my bumper the whole way down her car from front bumper to rear bumper. She tries to run and I chase her down, then call the cops because I mean poo poo, she crossed the DY, not my fault, right? Nope, cops found me at fault for failure to yield.

I got the ticket, my insurance placed 50/50 blame on her and I don't know what happened after that. I fixed my car for the price of a used corner light and a bumper rub strip. From the damage to her car, there is no way it wasn't totalled.

It was then my dad told me that should an accident happen again, regardless of fault, and the other person makes any hint of running to let them go and just claim the hit and run. :v: Far less messy.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 14, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ahhhh okay. Have you considered going through your insurance and letting them deal with the other insurance company?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, I was a dumbshit for assuming that the suicide lane would be clear.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

discstickers posted:

Not buying a 9-2X Aero when GM was firesaleing them is one of my biggest automotive regrets.

Sweet jesus, just checked used prices. Seems like a good deal compared to a WRX.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GramCracker posted:

Here's my Avant as of 3:30 am last night

Sweet baby jesus. :love: :flashfap:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Crustashio posted:

I need to take some proper pictures of this thing, I absolutely love it. Especially the seats.

There needs to be a "like" button here, I'd be raping it for your post.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's good books can't rust then. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

CountOfNowhere posted:

2001 BMW 330Ci, long (mostly suspension) modification list

Wheels are going away ASAP (they were really cheap, $480 including new tires, but I have to run like -3.2 degrees of camber in the back to not rub), and the ride height has been raised quite a bit since this picture was taken.

Sorry I riced your old car Das Volk :devil:

What is the rear size and offset? Tire size? I fit 255s in the back of my E46 on 18x9.5 +43... did some trimming though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

I'm confused. How does that package take a TC from 180 at the crank to 180 at the wheels?

It doesn't - I/H/E TCs dyno like in the 140 or maybe 150's whp wise.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

G-Mach posted:

ImportScene2013.txt

This is why I stay away from import car shows even when an organizer wants me to show up with my STi. I'd rather spend my Saturday/Sunday at a track/autox/dragstrip, than deal with fucks that ask why I didn't slam my car to the weeds or why my brake pads are so loud. Then, again I'm into performance cars for their abilities and for competition at timed events and not for internet fame which is probably a minority viewpoint in the bigger scheme of thing.

...dude, you're talking about car shows. Who do you expect to show up? The whole drat point is aesthetics.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I like your Yaris.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
From ('06 Daytona 675 w/ '09 motor swap)

To ('00 Jetta TDI)

Lost 30whp, gained 2500lb, kept the same gas mileage. :suicide:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 15, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Octopus Magic posted:

I really like what AB Flug did to the MRS:

But I love fiberglass so ymmv

At least it looks better than stock.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

160hp out of a 1645cc v4? Weak.
206whp out of a 1078cc v4... or 202whp on pump gas.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Giblet Plus! posted:

it's usable power / pound that matters

I bet you think GM LS is weak as well

No, I just enjoy bikes that are actually usable on the track rather than some dyno queen. If you think that RSV4 isn't a missile on a road course then I have no idea what to tell you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Giblet Plus! posted:

you're comparing an all out sports bike to a sports tourer. I'd rather have the motus:

edit - also it sounds cooler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzl_TVlWT4

You can't even buy a Motus or motus motor.

Maybe you're into the sport touring bike thing, I'm not and have ridden a 3000mi round trip on a sportbike without an issue.

RSV4 sounds pretty cool, imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z-NmVNoXs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41954jzlvhE

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 22, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

wallaka posted:

He's not comparing a showroom-stock bike, either. Aprilia only claim 180 hp at the tire. I just wish i could justify the money for either bike.

Can't really compare a bike that isn't even sold to a stock bike, can you? The RSV4 dynos like 150 something at the wheel stock out of 999ccs.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They sound like highway roll-on cars.