Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Since I can't find any pictures of my car other than on the track pictures from the last event will have to do. 1988 BMW 325is gutted, bilstien sport shocks, H&R race springs, full poly bushings on everything, falken azenis, HP+ pads and no ac/ps/heavy poo poo. My cheap track rat that can easily hang with M3's and slower porches on technical tracks.

Not pictured the 1990 Nissan Hardbody winter beater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

HEHEHE posted:

318ti

Nice we picked up a black 318ti this fall with a plugged cat and bad idle. Fixed it and it is a great little car. Nice work bringing one back that was bound for scrap.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Weezy88 I like the rims and the car looks pretty good low, not usually a fan of really low cars but it works.

I haven't posted my car in a while. So here is the dirty E30 track rat and the VW Caddy. Excuse the mess of pollen on the caddy, I washed it about 4 hours ago and as you can tell there is a bit of pollen in the air. The E30 is without a hood because I just finished up replacing the water pump and gasket which is much easier to do with the hood removed.

Bumper to Bumper...Both with big ol diving boards

Interior Shots
BMW

VW

1981 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit Pickup/Caddy - Stock bought 6/7/09

1988 BMW 325is - H&R Race spring, Bilstein sport shocks, poly bushing throughout, stripped, PFC pads, Yokohama track rubber on Kosei K1's

The Caddy is so different from the E30 it is nice. Its slow (1.5L diesel with 55hp/75tq 4speed), sloppy and you can't feel the road. The E30 is responsive, fast and you feel every bump.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Synapsis posted:

585 rwhp and 1900 lbs makes for a fun ride indeed :)

Jesus thats got to be a blast

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Mr. Toast posted:

I am pretty sure I saw you at the gap/dragon on Sunday I was there from about noon to 4:30, the car looked pretty good. Made me miss my E30 that is stuck in WI right now. Congrats on making the weekly killboy highlights.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 5, 2009

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Mr. Toast posted:

Oh poo poo, I did?

Yeah, I went on sunday. What were you driving?

I was on a blue first gen SV650 with white leathers on. I usually try to do 5-10 runs per weekend. Will have either a black E21 or a red gutted E30 down there soon hopefully.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Cross posting this from the BMW thread because there aren't enough old cars in this thread.

From Left to Right: 1997 E36 318ti (youngest brothers), 1988 E30 325is (my track rat), 1977 E21 320i (my nice car), 1987 E30 325 (other brothers), 1999 E36 M3 (dad's track car). And Dad's new solar setup in the background...was putting out 2300 watts most of the time we were taking photos. We considered putting the R1150RT in front but didn't.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Blow Dog posted:

Just bought another car. Sold the Focus for something more 'me'.

Just can't drive the drat thing because of the weather.

Eh I guess that is a bit better than the focus. Congrats on the great car, good choice on the color.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Went out and bought another E21 yesterday

Parts car for the clean E21. Comes with a good engine, 5-speed transmission, LSD, Vogtland suspension and 15" basketweaves.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

ClubmanGT posted:

Aussie-built Clubman GT with a 1275 engine bored out to around 1320 and with a rallying-spec cam. It's the closest thing I've driven to a go kart that isn't one.

drat that sounds fun, more pictures please.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Went out and bought another E21 yesterday

Parts car for the clean E21. Comes with a good engine, 5-speed transmission, LSD, Vogtland suspension and 15" basketweaves.

Did some research on this thing, apparently it participated in the 2007 Babe Rally from New York to New Orleans. Two owners ago it was an awesome car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Wow, what happened?

From what I can tell there have been two owners (not including me) between these photos. Owner 1 registered it February 2010, sold it to owner 2 January 2013. Pretty sure owner 1 is responsible for all the bad things that have happened to this car, the guy I bought it from bought it and it was more of a lawn ornament.

I'd love to find a build thread or more info on this thing. Appears to have upgraded sway bars to go with the shocks/springs, braided lines, brake bias valve and some other miscellaneous go fast parts. Sadly a search of the VIN doesn't bring up anything.

And here's a shot of it going through Tail of the Dragon during the babe rally

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 18, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Here's one of the previous owner's pictures of my latest acquisition..

1988 BMW 325is 5speed in Lachsilber..

Very nice find, we're down to a couple E30's in the family right now and they really are great cars. Finding a clean, stock example is a lot of work but worth it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I guess if it gets too bad I can always trade it in on something more sensible for the area, but for now I am enjoying it.

If it gets too bad throw on some good snow tires and continue to enjoy your car. Right tires make all the difference when the weather gets lovely.

(I daily drove a 99 M3 for a winter in WI/MN with Blizzaks and it was awesome)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Lightbulb Out posted:

I cleaned both of mine and thought it was time for a lovely photo or two.

Excuse the healing brushed front plates.

That is a happy garage, nice collection. I need to get the BMW's out and clean to get a group photo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Mat_Drinks posted:

I've only gotten to drive my new project car once since I bought it 3 weeks ago... Tomorrow I'll change the oil, which I have a feeling is needed badly, and take it out for a good flogging.

Nice 2002, those are great little cars.

Decided to see if we could get the 320i running after sitting for a couple years. Drained the old gas, put in some new, stuck in a battery and it fired right up. Put about 25 miles on it today just driving around the area. Got home and brother gave it a quick wash before he does a full detail. It will be getting new poly bushings, shocks/springs and some engine work this summer to turn it into a fun track toy. 1977 BMW E21 320i

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Nice, clean old BMW! (But instead of resizing, I think you just took all of your sliders and max-ed them out)

Brothers photo after his phone did all sorts of BS auto-adjust poo poo on it. My phone's camera sucks.

Here is a photo of the car in 1984 next to my Mom's 1983 GTI. He originally bought the car in 1979 shortly after he started working for the same company I now work for as well.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 27, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Dave Inc. posted:

So I bought a thing! It's an '82 911 SC, and it already has a special place in my heart (the part that's 8 years old).

I've been looking at these as well as some of the "comparable" cars in that price range. Nice find, replace the tires then enjoy driving a great car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Yesterday I flew to Connecticut to look at a car. It was better than expected and is now settled in the garage awaiting a full detail after a 800 mile road trip and a quick wash. Sorry for the lovely cell phone shot after a quick wash, better pictures once it's really clean.

1988 BMW M3 with 80k miles. One previous owner, all original everything. It's amazing and I can't stop smiling.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Drive back was mainly interstate as I just wanted to get it home. Now that it's here it'll spend a lot of time in the mountains.

Ended up getting it for 24k which seems nuts for a 25 year old car but this is the first all original under 100k example I've seen. Well worth the flights and drive, I'd do it again in a heartbeat though my bank account will disagree.

That engine is just something else though, it just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k with no letting up.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Had a feeling it would get a good response. When I stopped by the dealership my brother works at they all came running out to look it over, as well as guys from the Jaguar, Audi/VW and Porsche dealerships.

Once it's cleaned up I'll be posting a ton of pictures at every opportunity. Need to get a group shot with Dad's.

Until then...

Scary fact: It was almost totaled 5 minutes before this picture when some rear end in a top hat decided to run a red light.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 9, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

That E30 M3 is a great looking car and a crazy find at that low KM. For the unaware, what makes an E30 M3 worth more than a newer M3 in similar shape with similar KM's like this one? Love the car, just curious.

The history of the E30 M3 is why people lust after it, the scarcity and recent media is driving the price.

Here's some history - http://paultan.org/2007/07/16/the-history-of-the-bmw-m3-e30-m3/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 9, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

thealphabetsez posted:

I still remember my father pushing me away from an E30 M3 I was looking at in 2002, at $12-13K (avg price then) vs the E36 I ended up with. It's crazy seeing the value just jump in that time.

In 2002 or so my Dad decided he wanted a M3 for a track toy, originally planned on picking up an E30. We went to a dealership and test drove a mint E30 M3 (<30k miles, asking 14k) and since we didn't realize how you had to drive it were really unimpressed. We test drove a E36 M3 afterwards and he bought that car instead. The E30 we test drove just sold for 42k, his E36 is still the track toy and he loves it.

He went out and bought a E30 M3 last fall, 114k for 18k I think. I've posted it in the AI'est thread.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

That is a great car, I love those things and need to own one at some point. Honestly if I hadn't been able to find a clean M3 that was the next thing on my list.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

PhoenixWing posted:

1958, 1776 engine with twin carbs, disc brakes, adjustable front/rear suspension height, perfect interior, and best of all, not a spot of rust (anymore at least).

That thing looks great, I've always wanted one of those just to see how they are.

My old car is mid detail, this is one of many in-progress teaser shots.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 22, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I love everything about that car. It's nice to see one not ruined or wrecked after seeing almost nothing but. What suspension is that and what size are the wheels?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Took the M3 to the local Cars & Coffee yesterday, one of my brother's friends get some good shots of it.

Huge version of first pic - http://i.imgur.com/H2xTPYB.jpg
drat I need to fix that fog light and get the block of plates painted
E30 behind it with the colorful plasti-dip wheels is my brothers

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

MidasAg posted:

Well, there is no way in hell I can compare to Holdbrooks, but I just got my first ever new car, 2013 Dodge Dart. It's my commuter car for work/grad school, and my wife when she has to travel for Nursing Clinical, so it just needs to be comfortable, decent MPG, and have a warranty. It may not be AI-worthy, but I love it so far.

My boss bought one as soon as they were available (think he pre-ordered) and he absolutely loves it for commuting and monthly road trips. Good little cars and I was impressed how huge the trunk is, especially if you fold down the rear seats. I think he's up to 30k+ with no issues at all.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

thealphabetsez posted:

I'm having my E92 fully detailed by a company who's work I have been drooling over. Got some pictures depicting the car in its current state.

Wow and I thought the shop I had detail the M3 was thorough, looking forward to pictures.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

A few weeks ago an old friend from high school called me to tell me about a 'strange' car they got in on trade that I might be interested in. Yesterday I flew to MN for the Chump Car Road America race an old Porsche.

There are some issues though...
The gearbox is a bit screwy

The gas cap is massive

The engine has too many cylinders, is the wrong configuration, liquid cooled and is in the wrong place

The headlights kind of work

The center console looks good, the clock is the only working thing in this photo

The car...1980 Porsche 928

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 18, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Brother finished up the first stage of paint cleanup on the 928 so we took it out to get a few pictures yesterday.

Should be some better ones once he goes through his memory cards.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 4, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

Probably the only semi-interesting vehicle I have at the moment. 1973 240z, everything mostly original on it.

Nice looking car, I've always liked those more than the 270z for some reason. My uncle and cousin have a garage full of 240/270/290 cars and parts and even have a couple running at the moment.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Crunkenstein posted:

1959 European market Beetle. Original rebuilt 36HP engine, repainted the original color.

:drat: Wow that is gorgeous. The color, roof rack, white walls, everything about it is just right. I've always thought one of those (in not nearly that good of condition) would be fun to play around with for a while.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say that Hilux is just right. Properly beat to poo poo but still rolling along just fine.

drat I miss having a beater pickup truck.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Happy Easter - filthy and horrible phone picture but it was a good day to get the M3 out for the summer.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Teaser...

Time for some Cars n Coffee

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I'm posted it before but what a cool looking car - 1980 928

Going to daily drive the spaceship for a while. Sure it gets ~1/4 the mpg of the golf but who cares.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Motronic posted:

It converts most of that fuel into glorious noise.

So worth it.

(until you need parts)

Glorious noise, plentiful torque and destruction of worn out tires in the rain. Driving it for a bit to work out any remaining bugs before putting it up for sale.

With the rain we had this morning I had a great time getting to work.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Black Is Black posted:

So this is my baby, a 2013 Scion FRS with a $600 black chrome vinyl wrap:

It's been a very fun car to drive around the Colorado mountains during the summer, but now I'm moving some 10+ miles away from my job and as they say...winter is coming. On a whim, I ordered a 2015 WRX STI which is due to be delivered around November.

Here's the thing, I'm not 100% on selling the FRS, but I'm not sure if I want to be held captive by the snow with a RWD car as a daily. Thoughts?

Buy good snow tires, blizzaks at a minimum and the FRS will do fine unless the snow is very deep. We daily drove a E36 M3 year round near Minneapolis on blizzaks and it was great. Traction control on it never had any issues, traction control off and you can play.

Will the WRX on snow tires be better? Sure but there's nothing wrong with RWD in the snow as long as you don't drive like a jackass and have good tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

MiniFoo posted:

A couple of years ago, waiting in line at DCTC auto-x. The smile on my face says it all. Too bad Giselle's in a retirement home out-of-state right now; the 2002 VW Passat I drive right now is boring as hell.

What group was running auto-x at DCTC? I get into 'performance driving' thanks to that track and a teen car control clinic. Was there a couple weeks ago for a driving school.

Here's my old GTI doing the usual 3-wheel trick through a chicane on one of the back straights.