Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

DSMLOL

When it wasn't ripped apart:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

What's up, DSM buddy?

Check out https://www.dsmtuners.com. It seems to be surprisingly free of douchebags now.

Yeah I'm on there. I don't post there much though.

I prefer DSMTalk/DSMLink Forums.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

The daily... Just needs coilovers :\

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Took some pictures today before it rained... Figured I'd post one a little better than the last one. Here's one of many.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Finally got my hands on a JDM hood scoop.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

wintermode :\

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

wallaka posted:

Man, I love this.

Thanks! Here's a couple more...

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 16, 2013

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Be careful with tire shine on Satin White Pearl, it loves to yellow the paint.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

BoyBlunder posted:

That's what mudflaps are for!
I suppose. My mudlaps only go on for winter, they come off immediately afterwards.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Whoring more.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Are your fenders rolled? That things got the perfect amount of flush goin' on.

Rears are rolled, fronts were just flattened a bit with a mallet. No rubbing so far other than the liners.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

G-Mach posted:

I'm going to get coilovers sometime in the future. Doglegging is getting annoying.
I highly recommend picking up a set of ISC coilovers. The quality is great, they're easily (and cheaply) serviced, and their customer service is outstanding.

I need a couple new struts for mine so while I'm in there I'll be upgrading to 10k/8k springs.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Derp.

IMG_9950 by emotivelab, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Nodoze posted:

Wow I feel really dumb for not noticing you were from Mass before now, where are you at?

I live in Chicopee (Springfield area)

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

drat dude, I live in Springfield. My ex lives over by Comp High so you may have seen me driving my shitbox around. Nice car, you should come to NEAI4.

Side note: Have you driven past that dude with the old Bug and the orange Thing?

Yeah I've seen those around. I'm friends with Noise Complaint/Andy with the E30, he keeps bugging me to go to an NEAI meet... I'll have to come check out the next one.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

I do still really love the looks of the Bugeyes. If not for the fact I'm such a DSM whore I'd probably go for one.

Funny, I actually bought the WRX for a daily while I was building my Talon... But then I lost interest in that and started sinking parts into the WRX.

Wheels are 17x9 +44 Work CR Kai's with 12mm spacers... ISC coilovers.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Rainy Days by emotiveMedia, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Since I like the look of that I'm just going to pretend that you ratchet the suspension back up when you drive it.

Nope. Plenty of ground clearance, just stiff. Only thing I need to avoid are big speed bumps.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

IMG_0260 by avidMedia, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

IMG_1424 by avidMedia, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Just put her away for the winter...

IMG_2042 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

davebo posted:

I don't think the implication was that people who stance their cars can't revert them to a more functional state, just that they typically don't. If I was going to drive something that couldn't handle a lot of the more terrible roads I encounter, it makes sense that it'd be a second car and I'd have some sort of versatile beater for bad weather/rough roads. The only surprise here is that normally those cars ARE Subarus.

Edit: so the question now is, what's your winter car?

Yes, I'm storing my AWD, rally bred Subaru... but not because it can't "handle" the snow... I drove it all winter last year with no problems, even though it is quite stiff. The car is no longer a daily and I'd rather not have the car get destroyed from salt and potentially other drivers so I'd rather just put it away... I also have a few things I want to address which will require some down time... I drive the car hard 6 months out of the year. It's "low" but fully functional.

This is the winter car/commuter:

IMG_2001 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

emotive fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 27, 2013

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Crustashio posted:

Honestly, I kind of like winter downtime. Last year I spent 3 months of weekends on my M3, and this year I'll probably do the same thing. It's nice working on a car with no stress whatsoever, I don't have to try to get things done before the next autoX or track event. If I don't finish one weekend I can come back later and continue where I left off. Gives me a chance to do stuff I'd never do otherwise. Subframe bushings, getting reinforcements welded, etc.

Of course I also do rallyX in the winter so that offsets some of the boredom. This year 3 of us are driving a buddies SVT contour that got rear ended and wrote off but still drives OK.

I was actually originally on the hunt for an older Impreza/Outback Sport beater so I could beat the snot out of it in RallyX but then I ended up with an automatic Forester... So I guess that's out, haha.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

IMG_9035 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Gah, I want an MR2.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

DSC_2200 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Trans Ferdinand posted:

Dude, I love your car as much as the next AIer, but do you have to post it every other page?

YES.

No, it doesn't rub or scrape at all unless I hit an enormous bump at a weird angle but that doesn't happen too often.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

New wheels, so that means I can post here again, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

What's a speed bump?