Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

pik-d posted:

some gay vw that got a bunch of poo poo done to it because the owner (me) reads vortex to much.

why did waffle images delete the first photo? gently caress waffle images, 1 out of 10 photos on SA just randomly disappears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ziploc posted:

Why didn't you get the previous Legacy?

Is this happening? someone just said they liked the new legacy styling over the old legacy styling?? wow.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Valt posted:

Ace of Base - Don't turn around

Here now you can live his life.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...authorName=valt

ahaha what? how the hell have you not heard "alejandro"? (loving awful awful pop song). Also who the gently caress buys a ferrari 360 and then listens to the radio. why does it even have a loving radio??

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Here's the Flickr Album, going up to 1024x768. I actually have them in much larger but Flickr won't upload them at full res. Anyone know where I can put up 2816x2112 pictures?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57177661@N06/

https://www.imgur.com

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...KVR5&FORM=LKVR1

"Regular" asphalt, "regular" tires and "only" 300hp.

Guinness world record is 3.06... really!? I want to rent a porsche 911 turbo or 2012 GT-R and beat it with launch control easily. unless this is somehow limited to a manual car.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Trintintin posted:

A) I love my new to me 97 legacy outback
B) This is how you take photos at night.

I have to resist the urge to buy headers and an exhaust for it daily. I want that Subaru growl dammit!

Please no one emulate this "composition"

Making stuff blurry is cool and all but not when its a green blob covering literally half the frame. Even if the grass wasnt there laying your camera on the ground to take a photo never produces very good results

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Literally 30-35% of the frame

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
How is the accord priced in europe? Is it priced in the BMW/lexus/audi territory like the TSX is, or is it considered a pretty affordable sedan. It would be funny if everyone in US was paying for an acura badge and an uglier grill

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

The Scientist posted:

Yeah all you motherfuckers get that oil pipeline money every year for some reason, right?

Out of curiosity, what year is that Viper? Those carry V12's, right?

So does that thing have those bumper-shifters everyone's been talking about?

The viper, being "SRT-10".. is a V10.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Dont like the chrome fr500 rims but other than that clean and quite fast. I have a 99 GT, is that the same spoiler? (i took it off and cant remember)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Shaocaholica posted:

Not sure I like using the long lens.

Also trying out this H-D-R thing for the first time. All the rage with kids these days.

This looks like an "limited" dynamic range image to me... notice how theres really no 0,0,0 black or 255,255,255 white. this just looks like one exposure straight out of the camera, the crushed black in the grill and the wheels makes it look like it wasnt even brought into lightroom for some fill light.

Believe it or not youre actually looking for the amount of detail offered in this one, thats the whole point of dynamic range is to have 20-22 eV steps (fstops) instead of just maybe 11-12 offered in a jpg straight out of camera.
http://i.imgur.com/Q58XY.jpg

Its not like this shot even requires lots of dynamic range though, its a low light shot at what appears to be dusk, the 14-15 eV steps you can get out of a raw file in LR3 are more than enough (expose 1 stop beneath the white highlight on the roof, then just pull all the dark areas back in with lightroom). You can tone map a picture and say its HDR but really the only way to have a HDR photo is to have something that is impossible to capture with one exposure. If you were to shoot inside a house on a sunny day and wanted the view out the window not to be completely blown out youd have to do HDR for example.

Really any shot without a polarizer from 10am-4pm on a sunny day requires two exposures for digital cameras. Id stay away from tone mapping though.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 30, 2011

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

jhcain posted:

Well, here's a bad picture of my new replacement for my 2010 Taurus SHO. It's nearly a foot shorter, and far more practical.

Getting 13MPG so far, not so bad!

Time to beat 99% of the stuff on the street in a wagon.

i dont know what they were thinking with those wheels. theyre so flat looking. I hope thats your first upgrade

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

I HATE CARS posted:

Ahaha, did you really go through all my posts in this thread to find two from last year that look similar?

It's nice though, I haven't seen the car in a while, it's in storage while I gather parts to fix it up. If you want I can go and take some more pictures of the front of it so we can have one or two every page.

Much rather have him than people who post straight-out-of-cellphone 2000x2000 shots and timg as if that means anything. Just loving resize it you lazy bastards.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

dissss posted:

I can safely say those shots are better than 99.9% of for sale pictures I see.

I'm always amazed at how many people can't get the whole car in frame, post pictures at odd angles (sometimes even 90 degrees), don't bother giving the car even a cursory clean, don't post any interior pictures etc etc

One of the biggest underlying problems is craigslist compresses pictures to such an insane amount that ALL detail is lost. People just do not get this. Ive been burned before by craigslist image compression on car parts, i pretty much demand pictures on photo bucket or imgur before i go waste my time picking it up.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Someone needs to shove the 200hp 2.4L kia optima in there somehow

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
^^Why do those ford and mazda pickup trucks have almost the same wheels

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

You Am I posted:

Because they are the same vehicle, just with different grilles and badging.

Didnt think they mixed part bins that much in 95 vs 95 ford/mazda let alone 89 vs 95

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Well, my GT500 isn't my daily driver. That duty falls to my 350hp Cobalt SS. Maybe this weekend I'll take a fleet picture.

Can i ask why its not your daily driver? like you dont want to expose it to bad weather or the mileage is too bad or..?

To be a hater: would be tough for me to be seen in a cobalt SS when i have a gt500 in the garage

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Current rides: my wife's 2005 Mazda 6i Sport (she owned before we started dating) next to my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport. It is about a year old to me now, last year we traded in my 2005 Mazda6S Grand Touring for it. (thumbnailed for table breakage)

Which ones which? i never knew that mazda 6 had such different body styles.. the red one looks way better (thats probably the 2006 speed6)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
It is almost the perfect looking car except for that fender damage. How does that happen?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
"Welp" pretty much sums it up

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It may be because I am BMW fan... But the E90's and E60's have about the best looking interiors of any recent car. And the carbon fiber is a really nice touch... I may have to do that in my car. The next best looking has to be the E39.

What specifically do you like about them?

It reminds me too much of a frank ghery building (a bad thing)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
I wonder if that fat piece of black plastic cuts down on headlight output at night..

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

BiRD BoY posted:

Here are two of my rides!

And more of the more expensive, yet, less used ride.

I dont think ive ever seen one of these on the road. They look good though, a lot better than a civic which seems to be its main rival

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Havent seen one in person but in pictures they look very good. Everyone has high praise for their handling and power delivery. Its a shame that having sat in camaro i wouldnt ever want to own it simply because the visibility is so bad.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Diseased Yak posted:

I thought that would bother me as well, having heard all the negativity, but I got the mirrors adjusted and it's not much worse than my Mustang GT/CS. Blind spot is a little bad but I'm careful anyway, and for backing up there's the camera.

I didnt even really try the mirrors i just felt the belt line was at my neck which was a very odd feeling, and then on top of that the a-pillars were huge and the dashboard was invading my vision which didnt seem right.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Wow that front fender is not even close to a circle. How big of a tire are they hoping for under there exactly

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
The v6 mustang is tragic because it has awful gearing and probably incredibly floaty suspension along with fuel econ tires (no matter what package you get). Its a commuters car and not a sports car. You have to dump money into it to get new gears, suspension, and tires (probably should do an ECU tune and exhaust as well to get rid of the econ image entirely).

The car is utterly useless as a sports car because after all that money its MORE expensive than a mustang GT.

I was looking at a 2013 V6 and realized this before hand, the fr-s is tempting but its close to the price of a mustang GT as well. I feel like im simply not getting much bang for the buck. I havent driven one but sitting in one it does feel incredibly low and small, which the mustang can never do.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Even though i have a deposit on a br-z i was seriously tempted to get a 2006 c6 with low mileage for the same price. Im just willing to give up a LOT of power due to insane california premium fuel prices.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 7, 2013

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Hashal posted:

I never understand why people avoid cars because of premium gas, especially with a high end car. You'd be paying what, an extra $100 to $200 a year? Since my Z06 is a weekend car, I'm paying less than $40 more a year for premium, and I'm in San Diego.

The br-z will take premium it will just consume far less of it than a c6 I would think.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Tusen Takk posted:

I was told that if I used regular in my car that I'd make the engine knock. I've never really wanted to run experiments on it after hearing that :stare:.

Most new cars have knock sensors retarding the timing or something to make lower grade gasoline work fine, just makes a lot less power.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Tusen Takk posted:

According to this article, it's 180hp/173ft-lbs to the wheels, plus the OP mentioned adding headers and getting it dyno'd, so I would imagine that there could be a slight increase in power for the RS 8.0 over the standard tC.

E: Here's a video of one being dyno'd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D5d6MiUVIQ
E2: Here's one with numbers and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrL_lCrBlYc. Stock was 167.4, after headers it's 176.51

It sounds pretty drat good.

"sending to the front wheels" i think just implies that the engine produces that much at the crank according to toyota.

I guess im gonna have to get headers for the br-z although im afraid to tune the thing

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Lightbulb Out posted:

Maybe you should buy a different kind of car?

other..cars? Ones without V8s and less horse power?!?!?

Why buy a bmw or porsche or a subaru when i can just buy a vette which has blah blah of lateral gs and blah blah whp.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 31, 2013

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

blk posted:

I was following a facelifted CC on I-5 in the middle of nowhere last night; the tail lights resemble the new Corvette's and I got really excited for a few seconds

Hah I did the exact same loving thing a month ago.

I was in the carpool lane at night going home, saw those lights in the far right lane about a quarter mile ahead of me so I cut over to the right lane and got behind it thinking im getting to see some pre-release C7 only to realize im following a CC.

Shame the old front looked better on the CC..

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
So clean, and probably a perfect amount of power. I looked up KBB prices for 2001s and my head just about exploded. 52k miles good condition? $18,000. :psyduck:

Who has $18,000 and buys a 2001 cobra? You can practically buy a new v6 mustang with a 6 speed for that price (better handling, better fuel economy.. just no v8 sound and no IRS but still).

I remember shopping them 2 years ago and not sure what happened to the kbb, i saw nice examples for $12-$13k all the time.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Didnt your tsx have a shitload of mods?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING???????????

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

anonumos posted:

A little over a year and a half ago I bought a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue with 24k miles on it. I was suitably impressed, though it was an older car. But because my credit was so crappy, I wound up with an 18% interest loan. In the time since, I've had to have the engine replaced because it blew the main crankshaft seal (under warranty thank God) and the steering rack (also under warranty). I also found that the tires were almost worn through and the brakes were bad. But all-in-all, I liked it. The quality was a huge leap above the 2000's models. My only real complaint was the Blue's odd gearing in the transmission, which often left me in between gears in normal traffic. Good gas mileage, too, until the tires and breaks reared their ugly heads.

Fast forward to last weekend, when I pulled my credit reports and found that my scores had increased a whopping 200 points. Figuring it was time to get out from under the lovely loan, I stopped by to talk to my friendly salesman at the dealership where I bought the Blue. At first, I was simply there to discuss the 2013 leftovers and the new 2014s. I had my heart set on the 200hp Veloster Turbo, but it proved to be out of reach (considering how far upside down I still was on the Blue). However, there was a beautiful desert bronze Elantra with the 6 speed transmission, with loads of cash incentives and a low enough sticker price to make it worth the trade in. Because of the improvement in my credit, I even got a 4.99% interest rate!

Well, without further ado, here's my brand new baby. Hyundai definitely has some of the best looking entry-level cars on the market today.

This phrase make sense "low enough sticker price to make it worth the trade in", sounds like you got fleeced on the trade in value. You probably just paid like $5,000 to upgrade to an elantra that is almost identical to your blue elantra. :suicide:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

This car probably sounds like its about to fall apart whenever you drive it down the street. poor 5 series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Ive driven a 2006 gs300 a lot recently and it takes about 100 turns of the steering wheel to make a 3 point turn, something is wrong with the windshield because it rattles on streets, and on the highway both the windshield rattles a lot and something underneath the steering column buzzes a lot. I could understand if it was a beater but its a one owner car with 40k miles on it. My moms 2006 base sienna has similar levels of rattles and crap when it had 40,000 miles so maybe toyota just sucks at creating not-cheap cars.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 6, 2014