Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!
^^^ Sup Jeep buddy!

My YJ. It didn't look like I would fit under that big fallen tree (Brown's Camp at Tillamook State Forest), but it turns out there was tons of room. Just before we showed up, a full-size Bronco had gotten stuck under it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

numba1wonga posted:

This is a great shot. Got any more of that trail/car?

Absolutely! Here's the rest of my group heading under that obstacle...

'79 CJ-5 "Droopy", 304, the most modified Jeep in our group.

'04 LJ 4.0 (LWB Unlimited) -- Later in the day, he managed to get the worst trail damage of our whole group by hitting a branch that stuck out over the trail with his fender. The only way it could've been more embarrassing was if he got stuck doing it, which he ended up doing later when he perched his rear diff on a tree stump and had to winch it off. :laffo:

'95 XJ 4.0, 2" lift, 29-30" tires or something. This little bastard is amazingly capable for what it is.

My YJ, back when it had 35" tires, about to get stuck on that rock out in central Oregon. :v: This was at the "hole in the ground" south of Bend. The trail narrowed quite a bit past the CJ (in the background), so we decided to turn around. It was an adventure.

And finally, parking lot shot, about a week after I bought it.

Ok that should be enough pictures. :)

That fallen tree obstacle in Tillamook State Forest was recently used in an ad for the Toyota FJ Cruiser. I saw the ad about 2 days after the first time we drove under it, it was pretty cool considering how many other obstacles there are out there.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 15, 2008

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

azerdude32 posted:

I currently drive a 2001 Audi S4 which sports a few modifications.

I'd like to know how much it costs to modify an Audi so that you get 4 boats. Anyway, nice looking car and a pretty slick photo.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

haha I still don't have my mill on a rotary converter yet and I am out of moneys until I sell my Mark VIII. When I get it up and tooled I will PM you though.

How do you like the Mark VIII? I've always liked those things, and I never had a chance to drive one. How is the power/handling considering it's a Lincoln?

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

Excellent considering its a Lincoln, pretty good otherwise. The engine doesnt turn enough RPM to take advantage of the B port heads, the transmission isn't very intuitive and doesn't like to downshift (a tune helps this of course) and the gears should be at least 3.55s with a posi rather than a 3.08 open or 3.27 open in the LSC. Handling is pretty good but of course is a noticeable step down from the WRX.

So basically they gave it 290 HP and then cockblocked it, is what it sounds like, although the Lincoln-weight could be the major factor. I had a '91 Town Car a couple years ago that was pretty nice, so I've always been thinking about getting another Lincoln for a DD, because I eventually want to turn my Jeep into a weekend warrior. Thanks for the info, I'll have to go test drive one pretty soon.

If I could afford a WRX right now I'd grab one of those instead of course! :)

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

Yeah, it's in the "personal luxury vehicle" class, which is sort of disappearing nowadays. There's just something I love about the body style (especially the first gen), and having decent power never hurt things either. Handling really isn't important as long as I'm pretty comfortable.

Also I'm jealous you got to learn stick on a WRX, I learned on a '79 Toyota Corolla 4 speed. Ugh. I was going to replace the 1.1L with a 22R but it never panned out. Woulda been a sweet car after I doubled the displacement. :)

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

Finally someone admits it.

:aslol: I saw this coming before I even finished reading the sentence.

I'm also surprised someone would go from a Mark VIII to a Miata, or really any big American car to a Miata. I've never driven one of those things, but I hear they handle great and have no power. I would probably be terrified driving a tiny car like that in the middle of all these Excursions and poo poo around here.

Anyway the new ones are pretty cool looking. There's a guy who works around here who has a shiny red Miata with a confederate flag as his front license plate. :gay:

Also, of all the colors for a newer Miata, that has to be the best one. And on the topic of Lincolns enjoying abuse, I know what you mean. I flogged the ever living poo poo out of my Town Car and it drove like a good little whore until I finally got tired of every last superfluous part breaking.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

Ms. Manchair posted:

Meep Meep :3:

This reminds me of the end of Requiem for a Dream.

Sweet rear end Ferrari though.