Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Torque Steer Madness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

I've been casually posting here for a long time and didn't know you had an actual non-just-gently caress-around-car. Cool.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

How different does a gated shifter feel? I'm going to hope it feels as good as it looks.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

drat.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

I just bought 2 transit vans for the company I work for. The 1/4 ton and 3/4 ton models have both been great so far, way more room than the classic Chevy vans and way better gas mileage.

The promaster is strange...a front wheel drive van made by the French in seattle scares me.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hard bodies are the bees. Lood looking truck. LSD in the rear?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

That blue is just...swoon worthy.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

'Come with me if you want to live'

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Cool dad.jpg

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

That Prelude is awesome man. One of my favorite looking cars.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Looks cool.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Thats very nice looking.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jymmybob posted:

New ride acquired. Turns out having 2 SUVs, however fast, is not a replacement for a sports car.

Dang, cool.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Got a free beater

It seems like the quintessential 90's truck. Lifted, BFG's, Pioneer Premier CD player, some sort of exhaust, those dumb step stool things hanging off the side, random amounts of diamond plate here and there...

Runs OK, brakes like poo poo, steers like poo poo, slow as poo poo. 114k though...

Its loving awesome in the recent snow we've had in Seattle. I now own 3 vehicles made before the year 2000.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nissan HB's are the best pickup trucks ever.

That and the VG30 era Pathfinders...whooo what a great vehicle.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Carpet in a truck is loving dumb. Just put a moving blanket on the truck bed lining if you move a delicate thing?

Tonneau covers are dumb too. Just get a canopy.

It's not against groupthink or whatever if it's actually a dumb thing.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Vital Signs posted:

This is exactly the type of answers I was looking for. I greatly appreciate it and have a local place with good reviews lined up for a full details inside and out. I guess my other question is, what best practice can I do between details to make the detail last?

I've been told that a place that doesn't clay your car before polishing isn't truly detailing it...

That said, I don't value my time and love painful menial labor so who knows.

Keeping car clean for me involves a double bucket wash job with a silt catch once in a while.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Withnail posted:

Just picked up this 03 Tahoe with 110k miles from a fire dept. Will be using as a weekend warrior work truck. A/C started working with a recharge cannister.

I'd like to throw some money at it because it was so cheap, but I don't know what. New shocks maybe?

Rad truck.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah that's dope. Beater small trucks are becoming my favorite type of transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

crutt posted:

Iím dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YepyWMdsts8

dumb as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNkpuW18M8

Just got the driveshaft delivered a few days ago but Iím still out of state for work. Hopefully Iíll have it moving under itís own power real soon.

Hell yea