Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My daily driver 1989 F-150, 4x4, 302. Had just under 67,000 mile on it when I bought it in 05, 84,000 now.

1971 Ford LTD convertible, 429. This car was given to me shortly after I got my truck.

(click)

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I see people in CT all the time with Euro front plates. I've heard there's a way to legally keep Euro plates on a car.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

samjack56 posted:

I was just given a 1968 Ford LTD with only 53k miles on it that was originally purchased in Napa, CA by my Great Grandmother.

That's awesome I love LTD's. I have a 71' convertible with a 429. What does yours have in it?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

samjack56 posted:

It has a 390 :)

Cool, does it need any work?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

SFH1989 posted:

My daily driver 1989 F-150, 4x4, 302. Had just under 67,000 mile on it when I bought it in 05, 84,000 now.

1971 Ford LTD convertible, 429. This car was given to me shortly after I got my truck.

Posted that over three years ago still have both of these. My truck bow has 109,000 miles on it. I really need to work on the LTD more and make another project thread.

My truck is no longer my daily driver. I got this on Saturday:

2011 Fiesta SES with 13k on it. I absolutely love it so far. I drove to Delaware from CT to pick it because it was the closet one with options I liked: loaded (except for sunroof and some small suff) with a manual.

I swear I'm not a "bleed blue" Ford fan, they just happen to make a lot of stuff I like.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My Fiesta in winter mode.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

gently caress keeping cars clean in the winter.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Propaganda Bob posted:

In honor of page 302:

:hfive:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Fart Pipe posted:

I love this series of pictures, haha

I didn't intend for it to look like truck -> mods -> burnouts :getin: but it works. Those pictures were taken over five years with the shifter being the most recent.

More recent pictures of my Fiesta.

And now that it's spring.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Went out over the weekend to play with my new 6D and mess around in the snow.

Nerolus posted:

Also have a 2011 ford fiesta, but who wants to see that shitbox.

:colbert:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Gorson posted:

Are those Continental winters? How do you like them?

I like them a lot and they're not too expensive, $75 a tire for 195/60-15. They're not the best when it gets warmer (over 55°F) but they do their job and work great in the cold and snow. One also survived hitting a pothole that bent the steel wheel to the point it would only hold 25psi.

This is my fault but they seem to need to be rotated every 3000 miles. I left them for all 6k miles I drove last winter and the fronts were worn to about 35%. A friend with a 2013 Mazda 3 rotated them part way through and all four of his still look good and he has more miles on them.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

This is the correct response. Well done. And nice Ford.

Thanks. I did come here to post that picture it was just more appropriate than I planned.

veedubfreak posted:

This is the same thing I noticed. They wear fast, but they are just obscene in the snow. I finally put mine on over the weekend. Same size even. It froze pretty hard overnight last night and I was hooning around like a complete rear end in a top hat this morning trying to break traction. They're amazing.

I've heard of some people getting well over 20k miles out of them but who knows what they consider acceptable tread. Mine probably won't make it through another winter but $300 for two winters is okay with me for how good they've been. I could probably have gotten three out of them if I had been just a little more careful.

I also like that they "match" my all season 205/50-16 ExtremeContact DWS'.

I also put a set of them in 225/65-16 on my mom's '13 AWD 2.0 EB Escape and that thing is just silly in the snow. The first storm I took her out in, so she would be comfortable with her new car and snow tires, I tried to get it stuck by taking it up the steepest hill I could find in ~4" of snow and it didn't even get close. It also looks pretty cool with steelies.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Valentine's Day evening and I'm posting pictures of my car on the internet.

Nothing better to do yesterday than take some pictures of my truck, first :effort: pictures I've taken of it in a long time.

SFH1989 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 15, 2015

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

One of the few pictures I have of anything being towed. Took this picture exactly seven years ago. Brake caliper seized so my dad towed my truck to his house where it was easier to work on.

An F-150 towing another F-150 :911:

Burnouts? Unfortunately all my burnout videos are from before I had decent cameras for video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAM1IWkDLv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-fSQVHC2nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PasV2HaC_I

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I got a new car last week.

2015 Challenger Scat Pack, 6100 miles on it when I picked it up. So far I absolutely love it. The only thing it really needs right now are better tires, the stock 245s aren't the best.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

wallaka posted:

Congrats on having a small penis machine (like me). I have 275s on my 2012 SRT and it doesn't help a whole lot. It'll smoke them until you get tired.

Decent 275s have to be an improvement over the stock Goodyears. I'm looking at Firehawk Indy 500s and the General G-Max RS.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Tire chat has been helpful. The Firehawk Indy 500s look just about perfect for what I want. I wish the General G-Max RS had been out longer so there were some reviews of it. Maybe I'll go for them anyway, I've really liked all the other Generals I've had.

I had to go up north on Saturday. On my way back I stopped at Franconia Notch State Park.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I've put 3k on my Challenger since I bought it in July. More than half what the previous owner put on it in two and half years. I love this car,

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Is that a submarine??? :psypop:

I wanted to use the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard as a background but there's nowhere to do that right now. So I figured a The Albacore was just as good.

Albacore park is a neat place to visit if you're in Portsmouth New Hampshire and want a break from visiting breweries.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

The Maine DOT decided my car needed more black.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Dagen H posted:

How did that happen?

Leave it on behind the rear wheels for instant dragstrip cred.

A road i drive on to get to work in ME has been getting paved. They paved the travel lanes first and did the shoulder separately last night. Maybe it was to save money I think they just tarred over the old asphalt. They must have done it about an hour or two before I went through at rush hour. I was wondering why just the side of the road was wet. No cones or signs.

I took this near where it must have happened. You can see the difference in the shoulder.

It was only the passenger side, I didn't even notice until after I got out of work. I was pissed but some WD-40 took care of it.

Powershift posted:

I love it!

Kinda makes me wanna drive through paint.

This thing still makes me go daaaaaaaaaamn all the time.

I've been hemming and hawing over selling my '71 LTD for the last four years. I drive it once a year but whenever I see it or do drive it I want to keep it.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Before I moved three years ago it was close to getting sold. The first time I went to go to a car show with a for sale sign the distributor died. By the time we figured out what was wrong and got the distributor back from MSD there was no time to do anything. At this point I would want more than it's worth to feel good about letting it go. I've never sold a car in 13 years or driving but my '11 Fiesta is for sale.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Replaced the stock chrome fuel door, put in a skip shift eliminator, and got rid of the stick on door bumper things.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I really wanted B5 Blue but I wasn't going to be too picky with color, just not black. Plus white is a good Challenger color I just wish NH allowed OA-5599 as a vanity plate.

Current car colors :911:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Went on a road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway with Deeters and um_exuse_me.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/52Sbqaf

Unfortunately the weather kind of sucked so no really good overlook pictures but that probably meant it was less busy than it could have been. It was still a blast and I cant wait to go back.

The Challenger is a great road trip car, it even hit 25mpg at one point. I've now driven this car more in three months than the PO did in over two years.

I ended up going with the General G-Max RS in 275/40-20 for my new tires. They've been great so far, very good in the wet, under $750 installed.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I guess we'll have more people to invite next time.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

Noice.

I was going to hold out for a plum Challenger, but jumped on this one when I saw it. The honeymoon period still han't ended and I'm not sure it will. I smile just seeing the big orange idiot sitting in my parking spot.

Three months and 7k miles and I'm still have that feeling with my Challenger. It's going to be interesting in the snow.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

This first thing I bought for the Challenger (in July) were winter wheels and tires off Craigslist. I didn't like the Continentals that came on them so I swapped them for Hakkapeliitta 9s in 235/50R18. Sold the Continentals on Craigslist for a little more than I hoped to get in under 24hrs.

We have only had a little snow so far but they've been great.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Seeing dirty white Challengers makes me tingle in all the right ways. You bought the right color.

shy boy from chess club posted:

White Challengers are the best.

Thanks, white wasn't my first choice, B5 blue was, but I figured if there's any car to get in white it's a Challenger. Unfortunately NH doesn't allow OA-5599 as a vanity plate.

Going home for Thanksgiving meant working on cars.

(See, I do still have this car)

It took some effort but the LTD started up and ran more or less fine. I'll have to try to get it out of the garage over Christmas and run some of the very old gas out of it. It's also leaking ATF despite having a rebuilt C6.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I need to stop being lazy about editing pictures I take with my DSLR.

When I was home for christmas.

A storm last month ago that was supposed to drop 1-2 feet of snow but we ended up with maybe 5" of ice pellets.

I've been washing it at least once every two weeks. Luckily there's an automated car wash on drive home from work.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

It's been one year (and 16,668 miles) today since I rescued my Challenger from New Jersey.

Sunrise in Rye, NH.

Did my first Auto-X event in it last month.

Photo credit for the action shots. You can also see Deeters' black Focus in there.

I still love it, this car is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I would love a modern Scat Pack/Hellcat Magnum, a shooting brake Challenger would be neat too.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Those are both great, I think I would go with the fastback. The hitch doesn't seem as out of place on the shooting brake, adding the spoiler back in but at the top of the rear window might look good.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I guess my dad was jealous ever since he got to drive my Challenger.

His is a year newer ('16), auto, and has a sunroof. Torred is a much better color in person than in pictures. It's also the first auto Chanllenger I've driven and I really liked the ZF 8 speed.

And yes he knows someone with a blue one so we can take some tacky as gently caress :911: pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

TheFonz posted:

Wow that sounds really dumb can't imagine why peop...

392 GANG YEA YEA YEA