Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DropShadow posted:

True. The Contour was quite the pile of poo poo.

:smith:

(bit of a fanboy here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RealKyleH posted:

It's ok 90s Ford quality buddy. I would love to have a 5 speed Duratec 30 Swapped SVT with a decent LSD. I think that'd be an awesome car even if no one else would.

:v: I'm throwing a 3L/quaife in mine this summer.

edit: oh and some of these suby pics are making me want a bugeye really badly. I think I know what my next car will be...

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Randi Challenger posted:

If this is your car, I could kinda swear you might live close to me.

It's not-I have a silverfrost se. Tred is actually one of the more uncommon colors.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Strawberry posted:

My bucket

Very clean, I dig it.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's the S, right? Gorgeous.

Also-RWD Skyline?

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ab0z posted:

Yeah, just not a GT-:argh:

Hm, I always thought the lower trims were FWD. That thing must be a riot to drive!

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DoesNotCompute posted:

How do you find the ownership experience? I've got a 1.8T Jetta and for my next car have been heavily considering adding two cylinders and a turbo. Nightmarish? Expensive? Etc?

The 2.7T is pretty reliable and stout. The stock k03 turbos are a bit iffy and will fail somewhere between 100-150k miles, but that's just an excuse to go k04. The timing belt also needs to be done before 80k miles.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
is it a tip or 6spd?

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DoesNotCompute posted:

Well consider my arm twisted, I'm now on the longterm hunt for a clean B5. I took a 4.2 S4 (B6? I don't know audi stuff besides B5) out and loved the poo poo out of it. I also love turbo lag (seriously) so that's got the older ones in higher priority for me, the V8 did make a lovely sound though.

The 2.7s hardly have any lag (k03s are small!) and they are torquey as gently caress.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Flyboy925 posted:

This was some good stuff to hear, I was looking at Audi's with the 2.7T for when I move to Seattle (will be selling my truck before I go). I was really torn between a A6, S4, and an Allroad. The Allroad would be most practical, the S4 least practical, but most fun, and the A6 a good compromise between the two.

My parents have an APR chipped A6 (318hp on 93) and it pulls like a goddamn freight train. I've never seen a 4000lb car move so fast. It doesn't handle like a S4, though (though a stiffer suspension will help)

azerdude32 posted:

Its the only way a real S4 would be, 6 speed.

Good poo poo. Too many tips on the market :(

My next car will likely be something 2.7t powered/6spd.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Gorgeous Suby. Are you an It's Always Sunny fan?

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

dayman posted:

My favorite show. Nightman cometh would definitely be my favorite episode of the last season.

Mine too :unsmith: Though my favorite episode of the last season was the billboard model contest.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Do you rub over bumps? That thing is slammed!

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Baby Hitler posted:

Nothing matter when you are lowered. Not bump steer, not your underbody, not axle longevity, and certainly not handling.

As long as one acknowledges that slamming a car is purely a cosmetic effect, it's OK in my book. It can look ridiculously good in some cases. The problem is that most people believe lowering their cars beyond sane levels improves handling by lowering the center of gravity, when in reality it fucks up the suspension geometry and alignment of the car. It's especially funny to see people tooling along the freeway sitting half an inch off the ground with tons of camber dialed in...have fun with your tire wear!

edit: case in point, that silvia posted in the hot cars thread.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MikeyTsi posted:

Hey, maybe you could edit this and put in a picture that doesn't destroy the tables? That would be super.

Are you browsing on your cellphone or something? No broken tables here, and I'm running a 10" screen.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
my new DD-I drive it up mountain trails occasionally.

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DILLIGAF posted:

Am I the only one who hates the look of the Z4?

I don't know jack about the performance aspect, but I can honestly say that the look of the Z4 shows everything that is wrong with BMW designers these days. Blah.

You guys are crazy. The z4 is gorgeous-the M coupe is even sexier.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
what the hell happened to it? sorry for the loss dude :(

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nait Sirhc posted:

What brand rear diffuser and exhaust do you have? That looks extremely similar to a stock C63 AMG exhaust. I really like the updates you did to the interior, it makes it look a lot more like a Benz and less like a Hyundai.

That is a C63 AMG.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/c63_amg_interioimg_6176.jpg

The wood looks a lot better than the factory brushed metal trim, I have to say. Well done, it looks very tasteful.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nait Sirhc posted:

Huh, odd. I thought the guy that took his MB to the Ring was driving a Carlsson C350 or something.

Love the car, though.

Hmm you may be right, but the diffuser and exhaust tips look pretty similar to the C63 AMG.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Eat Fresh posted:

It's a 2007 Cayman S six speed. It was a great deal for the mileage. I test drove it months ago when it was at normal value - I noticed it had gone down by 2 grand 2 weeks ago, and another three thousand last Thursday.

I'll get it cleaned up and post some proper pictures once it stops raining.

Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to your pics. Be sure to nab some of the interior as well.

I still haven't taken pics of my C6 for you guys :\

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That Jetta looks sharp!

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
1 finger steering!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
drat!!!! Intake doesn't look stock, any mods?

metalhead fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 11, 2011