Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

I've had the joy of owning this piece of Quality Engineering by Chrysler for about 5 years now:

1989 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo GTC

It's a Turbo II with the A555 5-spd tranny for those who care. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

What? MEGANE is evolving!

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

I also did something stupid

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Powershift posted:

Desire to know more.

Show us your intake runners.

They're shiny, but sadly in the shop atm. Water pump bolts snapped and now it's engine out, new clutch, alternator etc while they're in there

(it's a 1998 GTV Lusso with the 3.0 24v, unmolested)

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Easter family tour completed. The Busso engine sounds completely ridiculous, love it.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Powershift posted:

They're legal to import into the US at this point. Live your dream!

In europe, the maintenance is almost feasible on these. I wouldn't want to try living with one overseas, unless it was already mechanically refreshed by somebody else or if I could do all the maintenance myself.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Still two months of snow and road salt ahead here, so just doing a little stretching in the yard for an excuse to rev the Busso.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Washed the pollen away (again)

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Kivi posted:

That's pretty.

Here's my less exciting boring basest of the base model Giulia:

Had nearby shop tune it to non-base model levels:

The base model came in RWD and all the stock 280 HP models are AWD, so having the extra power in RWD model makes it more pure sports car. Or that's what I lie to myself.

The GTV 916 works if you just want to immerse yourelf in the italianess of it all. The weird looks, the noise of the engine, the torque steer. In the end it's just stiffened up 90's Fiat underpinnings with a multilink rear. The new Giulia and the Giorgio platform are something from another planet when it comes to driving dynamics. I'm dreaming of getting a Stelvio as a daily in a few years maybe.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Are the door sills super wide, or is it a trick of the camera? Wide angle lens, maybe?

They are a bit wide, because the sills are the same as in the Spider version.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Italian posteriors by Pininfarina and Giugiaro (mine on the left):

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

oh you son of a bitch

and gently caress all seasons, get some good summer rubber and good winter rubber, don’t hobble that sexy machine with all seasons.

This. Summer tyres are vastly better and safer right up until the point where you get black ice. Then it's time for winter tyres. All-season tyres are just the worst of both worlds, you'll be wrecking the driving dynamics with those.

That verde colour is real nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

kill me now posted:

because they are super chuds?

Why does every feelgood thread seem to be filled with whatever this is recently?

That Volvo seemed like a nice dog hauler, not too much of a lip at the back.