Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

RacerHD12 posted:

Wow, is your engine idling when you're doing 65? I think that's cool though, I'd love to have an extra tall final gear in my cars.

AF fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Doctor Bud posted:

2004 Honda Civic EX

My dad's truck, 2008 Ford F-150 Limited.

I think your Civic's tires have a larger sidewall than the F-150's

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

GazChap posted:

Traded my car in at the weekend and now drive this:

Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 (1995/96).
JDM import, 81,500 miles. Virtually stock.

With the turbocharger it pulls so much harder than the Celica GT-S I had before it, a joy to drive. I just imagine my fuel bills are going to skyrocket ;)

Color me green; you have one very cool car. Throw on some cheaper wheels (because the ones on there are pretty nice) and some knobbies and go do your best impersonation of Carlos Sainz :D (...although he drove the ST185)

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Jesus that is such an awesome car bio wedge.

Nnep posted:

i think it's p. cool v:downs:v

hey me too :shobon:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
It is a Datsun 240z (going off of the tailights, as the 260z and 280z look similar) taken with what looks like a camera phone

Note, since you might not be in the know: the fenders, spoiler, and wheels are not stock. It is also missing the rear bumper and I don't think that it is sporting an OEM color. I could be wrong about the paint, it's really difficult to tell what color it is!

edit: also, post more pics of your Z (preferably with some lighting)

AF fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 25, 2011

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Yeah, you see that style of fenders and spoiler on Z's pretty often; they do look good.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Looks great, minus the part where it looks like it's ready to run a rally. Are you on the stock suspension?

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

mutt2jeff posted:

Yep, its stock, and not quite as tall as it looks. If I am not careful, I scrape the exhaust on parking lot speed bumps.

Huh, that's interesting. I've a '78 280 on stock suspension (also looks like it's rally ready)and I can bomb speed bumps and driveways without a care in the world; it's great, nice benefit of riding so high. Maybe because it's a 280 and not a 240/260.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
That goddamn Acura grill. The first generation TSX looks great.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

An 800 Pound Dog posted:

Love how sharp the contrast is exactly at the middle of your car. Great way to show why lighting is so important for a good photograph. I'm not ragging on you, I know you probably just grabbed a snapshot. Just having some fun.

I don't think you're a poser at all. Your six makes more horsepower than the previous V8 in the Mustang. I also don't care for leather, a dumb back up camera, etc, and agree that those black/silver lip steel wheels are sick. I like the cut of your jib, friend (just tell me you got a manual, and we are on the same wavelength).

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Here's another shot of my humble ride after a fresh wash and wax

Appreciate the effort to go out and wash and wax your ride like any other person, but may I make a friendly suggestion? I notice you're shooting most of your pictures far away from your car, but there's nothing of interest in the background and it ends up being distracting.

You could really benefit from a tighter crop when you take shots of your ride; I know you're not having a photo session or anything, but if you're going to a minute or two to whip out your camera to take a shot, why not take just a few more seconds to adjust your position and make a picture of your beloved set of wheels more appealing? :)

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Yolkz posted:

Went with White instead of Blue

[/timg]

A grill on top of a grill :psyduck: but that's some cold a/c alright

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Paul Boz_ posted:

Your Z is gonna look rad as hell with those on, drat. Re: knock offs. who cares. This isn't Honda-Tech.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Rhyno posted:

What you being black have to do with anything?

Just bought a Cadillac Chrysler - THROW SOME D'S ON THAT BITCH

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Andohz posted:

Is the digital binnacle a Euro thing? That looks way cooler than the one for the US market: http://www.toyota.com/img/vehicles/2011/yaris/gallery/full/2011_yaris_gal_i_02.jpg

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

These are friggin' rad. I've been looking at mid-2000 S60Rs recently. Another fast Swedish sedan, but just not the same in terms of character and charm as your two cars, though.

edit: speaking of fast mid-90's sedans (and panel gaps), here's my Japanese American drama queen

'95 Ford Taurus SHO with the Mazda sourced five speed manual transmission. Last year of the 3.0L V6 by Yamaha. Wonderful engine wrapped up in a bizarre and quirky package. And by quirky, I mean anything that wasn't made by Yamaha on the car is a POS and is on the fritz

AF fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 13, 2013

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

T1g4h posted:

leaking oil like a sieve, smoked up a storm, and it made horrendous noises if you so much as looked at it funny.

Typical SHO presentation. Lucky for me, mine was owned by an SHO enthusiast so he did a fair amount of work himself. Still didn't stop it from having all sorts of other wonky rear end issues. Your CVPI will be much more reliable, I'm sure of it.

Sabmo posted:

I'm a huge fan of S60R/V70R's too though - if you're looking at getting one it might be worth knowing that they received a suspension revision halfway through their lifecycle (although I'm not completely sure which year, sorry) that apparently improved the ride quite significantly. I've always wanted to try out their funky looking 6-speed ball shifter thingy.

I would buy a V70R in a heartbeat, as long as it had the manual tranmission. They seem pretty rare, though. :( Yeah, I read they removed an unnecessary torque limiter in 1st/2nd after '06. Sounds like a later model is the way to go. Thanks for the compliment :)

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Just about celebrating one year with my Miata, pictured with my other DD

Bonus pic of a previous ambulance I worked on with a hilarious feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I didn't know the M5 came in wagon form. Man, that and the ST205 in rally livery...I like the cut of your jib. A lot. :)