Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

poo poo, you guys. Driving is fun again.

Since the photo I've removed the awful weather guards and installed a $600 exhaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

gently caress off.

That's sexy, I love blacked out cars.
But I did! Jamal can back me up on that. <:mad:> Long story.

Thanks. I'm not 100% down with the extent to which it was blacked out by the PO (even the loving trunk badge) but I've since fixed the badge at least. Now if I can figure out how to reverse in the dark with tint and blacked out taillights. :(

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DropShadow posted:

What headlights are those? Never seen them before.
As far as I can tell, they're these. I'd never heard of them but I like 'em.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

VacaGrande posted:

Huh. Back in the day these all used lovely H3 projectors. Good that they're using H1s now. Hopefully the beam patterns are better now.
They're alright, yeah. The beam shape is a little weird and it's very difficult to get them to look even when driving, but it's better than the blinding-oncoming-traffic position they were in when I got the car. :wtc:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mattwhoo posted:

Took it up to the mountains for a proper beating today.

Yes. Man, yes.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

NovaLion posted:

I didn't realize this was a thread, there are some beautiful whips in here.

:stare::fh:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mickles posted:

'13 WRX fresh from a wash. No mods yet, but hopefully an AccessPort is in the not too distant future.
The 5-doors really are the best '08+s.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Post your own ride - It's a $600 camera, gently caress off.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Better than rust in your eyes. :negative:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PleasusChrist posted:

Ughhh

Something blew. Coolant went everywhere. Thankfully no oil mixed in that I could see so hopefully it's something simple/cheap.
Lots of WRXs on flatbeds this time of year. :(

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Almost got a rollover today

:awesome:
Hah, clever. Wish I'd thought of that when I hit it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

In the US they are not enforceable and depend solely on you being guillable enough to pay the fine when you get a ticket in the mail that is neither hand delivered nor certified.
Wait, what?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dk2m posted:

First car purchase:

I'm so in love with this thing
You have chosen... wisely.

'06 or '07?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dk2m posted:

It's an '07! I was always hesitant about even looking at these things used because they are invariably ragged on, but finding a one owner example with all the work receipts? Snagged it immediately.
Balling. I'm still kicking myself for not considering the STI on the same lot as my WRX a little harder. Both '07s. Not that I would've bought it, but I dismissed it because I got scared off by noises that I should've investigated further. Enjoy that car. Anything done to it?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nice purchase, the best looking sub. I know I'd drive like a total dick if I had something like that.
This is truth. Having rear end in a top hat on tap at all times is bad for me.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

D C posted:

Yeah, thats the ticket.
This rules.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Quite A Tool posted:

I'm usually loving livid if my car goes up on a flatbed. How do you guys even think of taking a picture?
I was, but it was the only thing I could think to do.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

It looks like they're waving to each other.
spiders_rearing_as_threat.jpg

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I apologize for the garbage quality of my frontage. I don't have any other front shots and Facebook had the only copy of this one. :suicide:

I promise I'll post better frontage tomorrow.

Edit: Found a :downs: one from the original dealer listing.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 15, 2016

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Snow circles forever. Spin all the bearings.

co199 posted:

Haha, your car looks SO MAD.

I WILL MAKE CIRCLES IN THE SNOW GOD DAMMIT RRRRRRRRR
I'm not a huge fan of the quality of the aftermarket headlights the PO installed, but they do look pretty angry and I dig that.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hnngh.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hawkeyes, besteyes.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Most cars didn't have cupholders until the 90's. I definitely remember those little transmission-tunnel ones in everyone's 80's american car, or they had the single-cup ones that had a little tab that slipped between the side window glass and the inner weather seal.

Oh my god I totally forgot about these. What a nightmare.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dunno why you'd take your shirt off 'cuz of a car

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's unreal how much better new Camaros look than just a few years ago.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Is that a submarine??? :psypop:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Albacore_(AGSS-569)#Decommissioning

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

*post the most dangerous pics you got*

Dont know how fast this was probably 60-65. :madmax:
Found an old snapchat that fits the bill.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 2, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

what is this, a picture for fairyflies?

Weird, Imgur broke that one while resizing but it looked fine to me. Fixed...?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

toplitzin posted:

You need more downforce.
:lol:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Loanarn posted:

Is it just my imagination or does the headlights and grill opening make this car look like its yelling "Wheeeee!" as its going around the turn?
someone post the car faces thing

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Pull up, thread

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I miss having a vehicle I could abuse without worrying about it exploding.

I mean, I could abuse my bike, but then I'd be doing the exploding. Just not the same.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

McTinkerson posted:

Cross post from my project thread. Slowly fixing all of Fords mistakes.

The top of the roof sits at about 5'11" / 180cm and the top of my mirrors sit underneath the bottom of the mirrors on a stock 2020 F-150.
This looks freakin' excellent and I'll be extra grateful when the accident doesn't send your bumper up over my hood and into my lap.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, looks like you might need more garage for the next one.
If they're progressing left to right they'll need a hangar :v:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Theophany posted:

Did a run up to Scotland last week. Highlights included absolutely throwing a fully-loaded 2-tonne estate around the Cairngorms national park and being utterly astounded by the grip and relative agility of this thing.

Oh, and hitting 150mph on an absolutely dead stretch of the M6 toll on the way home. :ninja:
FH4 hi-res update looking good

I am unreasonably jealous

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Rear kick bar acts on a spring-tensioned chain to power the rear wheel.

I've seen bicycles like this! Instead of pedaling in a full circle your feet just sort of make back-and-forth semicircles like a weird elliptical or something. Very weird and cool.

quote:

Turning is performed by leaning, and there is a rubber bushing under the deck that transfers the leaning motion into front axle movement. It’s a clever little thing.
100% skateboard truck/axle design. Very cool.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

So I dipped my wheels when I got new winter tires back in November. I haven't parked my car outside in months, but today I did. I caught sight of it out my window just now and I'm laughing like an idiot all over again.

The picture doesn't really do it justice. In direct sunlight you practically need sunglasses. 10/10.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

well now I need it

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kilonum posted:

After being registered and driven for *checks notes* 13 days, this happened (skip to 2 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bllGrKYKk
Hopefully the song is prophetic. :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I was able to visit Mt. Evans when I was in Colorado in summer 2019 and can confirm that it is awesome. Even had some goats wander by our car on the way down. If you're up for a hike, the Silver Dollar Lake Trail is also awesome. Growing up in PA I'd never seen anything like it and it'll stick with me forever.

Fantastic pictures, dema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

When you've owned something for decades, then you get to have this conversation:

"WHO WAS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKWIT WHO DID THIS"
"...oh, it was me in 1999"
The correct way to handle this is to live in the Northeast US where nothing ever lasts for decades. Can't come back to bite you if it rusts away first!