Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Picked this up today:

Click here for the full 537x720 image.

A little pony!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

I'm a major geek so I got a 2010 Tesla Roadster 2.5 a few months ago.
Pure electric sex.

Frog-breeding profits?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

An 800 Pound Dog posted:

Thought about the tranny a long time before buying. My commute is pretty much through the heart of Houston traffic, and I've had sticks in the past doing that drive but the whole act of driving just got old in a hurry. Faced with committing to a daily driver for the foreseeable future...I bitched out. The auto has a paddle shift mode, but without a clutch it's not the same.

This of course leaves totally open the possibility of a weekend stick in the future, or if I find another less commute-y job I could leverage the Camaro's good resale value and change.

Wow, base Camaro actually comes with paddle shifters?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Kyon posted:

Picked this up today :)

I keep wondering, how much does a decent FD run? Both purchase cost and cost of ownership (per year lets say). I know pretty much nothing about maintaining cars myself, but I've pledged myself that I WILL own an FD some day.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Cross posting from the Muscleshirt thread.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just some fresh shots of the GT500. Took it out a couple of days so far this year, washed it, then the weather turned assholish again. The color is off on the first one because my iPhone doesn't understand the sun.

You are a beautiful crazy person. The V6 is borderline too fast for me...I have no idea what I'd do with a GT500...

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Lord Gaga posted:

Youre in the wrong forum. :psyduck:

Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a 500+ HP monster. My point is that there i'd have no place to actually enjoy the drat thing in the middle of Long Island (or any of the other places I've lived at recently).

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 23, 2013

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

Some more pictures. I don't actually have the car yet as it's being shipped to me.

The one time i went autocrossing a GT-R was tearing up the track.

They would just point the car a certain way and it would go, no matter how fast.

It also sounded like the second coming of Jesus.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Picking this poor financial decision up on Friday.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

davebo posted:

What options did you opt for?

Can't you read under my black square? :haw:

It's an 8-speed auto Z51 1LT.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Sadi posted:

That 8 speed is supposed to be pretty bad rear end right? Or am I thinking about the Z06?

The 8-speed auto is the standard (and only) auto across the range for the 2015 MY. Supposedly the shift-times are PDK-ish, based on the reviews and the paddle shifters response is decent too (even more so in pure manual mode). I was strongly contemplating the 7-speed manual but this will be my daily driver too and the bay area gets pretty "stop and go"-y at times.

Count Freebasie posted:

My schedule is pretty open next week, when should meet so I can test drive it with you? :allears:

That is beeeeeeautiful. Seriously, they went with sexiest body style I have seen from them since the Stingray. It's like Chevy and Lamborghini decided to have a bastard child.
Thanks :). The Vette is basically the only thing at that kind of money that looks like an exotic. I was originally thinking of speeding (e: pun not intended) my money on a GT350 but, at the end of the day, it would be a $60K car that still looked like a $25k car. This one punches above its weight.

quote:

Really nice color scheme.
Thank the smart person at the dealer who didn't spend their last allocation ordering something gaudy :haw:.

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 4, 2015

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Random pic from a drive to Target a few days ago. I grin like an idiot every time I start the engine. And shifting at WOT sounds otherworldly (if you're considering one of these cars, absolutely get the performance exhaust and/or Z51). Also, the 8-speed auto is instant at sequential shifts, I am very pleasantly surprised by it. Going down 2 or more gears is just a tad slower but still impressive, much much better than any other automatic I've driven.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

I love this car with every fiber of my being.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Got her washed:

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

How do you like it?

I just put an order in for mine, white as well, though with a few different trim options.

It was hilariously impossible to find these in a manual transmission to test drive. Finally a local dealer got a used 2014 z51 in and let me put about 12 miles on it.

I get that some people prefer an automatic. I just had no idea that the skew was so big. Out of the 40 or so on the lots around here, I'm talking like 3 are manuals.

Especially the 2014s, I've heard of people trading in those autos to get the 2015 version (it is MUCH better).

I loving love mine. There's a few annoying build quality/noise chevyisms but otherwise it is phenomenal. It sounds nuts, it's absurdly fast (felony-levels speeding before you know it) and it looks like an exotic and better than pretty much anything on the road".

e: Let's make a 2 person OFFICIAL CORVETTE C7 OWNER THREAD

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Das Volk posted:

I'm curious what quality issues the current Vettes have. The gremlin I can't seem to get rid of is my shifter handle keeps unscrewing itself, and I'm going to take it apart and loctite that fucker good.

There's some rattles, some cheap plastics and a weird exhaust vibration around 3k rpm for me. Otherwise it's great. But I do not care at all.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Lets!

Arctic Whites only, of course.

Mine is going to have this exact same trim color options. Just ordered it friday though so I'm not going to see it until probably Oct :(

So turns out there's three of us at work with a Arctic White C7 vette. One's gonna be a Z06. Come join us :haw:.

quote:

I've only driven Subarus until now. Do your best, GM!

It is infinitely superior to my mustangs too. I just had my expectations too high.

Linux Nazi posted:

Generally that's the case.

The A8 auto is pretty darn good though!

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

It's probably better than a manual in every way except for my enjoyment of using it :)

Did you order yours? If so, how long did it take to get in?

No it was incoming stock at the dealer. I also got a very good price for it and didn't wanna wait the two months. It took about a week to arrive.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Drove down to Carmel through the 17 Mile Drive with about 60-70 other cars. Awesome cruise, almost exclusively american (muscle) cars + a random GT-R.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Oh god what have I done I'm not good with cars :(

Z51, but base 1LT trim (which is still pretty fantastic)

Took nearly 3 months to get here, no dealers have manuals on the lot. So if you want one specced close to how you like it, and a 3rd pedal, then you're special ordering.

I got basically the same car. A8 and a couple of exterior differences (calipers and hood).

Loving every drive here in NorCal. Although it shifts a bit hard (gotta get that fixed) and the quality isn't awesome. Still amazing, every single time.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

It's barely touching the wheel guards. On the z51 that lip doesn't span the entire car, just a few in front of the wheels. Nothing is crunching.

I almost always back the car into the parking spot. On 2016s you got those fancy curb cam thingies on the front that tell you if you're about to need a new front fascia. 2015s don't have that.

Here are some vettes. Every time I park next to the Z06, I feel like my Z51 looks childish.

And here are some more vettes (and a random Lambo that's not on fire for some reason):

This is probably not a vette:

I don't think this is a vette either:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Das Volk posted:

You put a front plate on your Corvette? :eng99:

I've found that the police around here (South Bay/Silicon Valley) are looking for ANY excuse to pull you over, especially at the peak "ticket writing" periods (Friday/Saturday night). Heck, I was just pulled over tonight and the LEO made a point of checking out my front license plate.

I hate how that it looks and it kills me every time I look at the front of the car so I might take it off or swap it for a holder that's less offensive (although I think that anything that actually mounted in the middle of the air duct opening would probably not be legal due to minimum height restrictions or something).