Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008
One more for the Subaru Army.

2004 WRX with a Cobb AP Stage 2. Just got back from Florida after putting ~3500 miles on it round trip (and just rolled over 60,000 miles too). In the spring im planning on getting some new rubber, replacing all the hoses and seals, and doing the 60k service in the garage.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

EDIT: If your going to use my plates to find out where I live and come steal poo poo from my car, please dont bother as I dont leave anything inside of it. Also, please do a better job than the other rear end in a top hat who messed up my trunk key slot, as I can only open my trunk from the inside now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

brae posted:

An 08 335xi I bought last year. The turbo 6 is deliciously smooth and buttery.

Everytime I see these things on the road I just cant bring myself to believe that there is a twin turbo I6 under the hood. Especially if theyre factory stock like that, with those rims and all. Theyre just the ultimate sleeper car for me. If I saw one on the road and didnt know about it my exact thoughts would be, "335?, oh its probably like ~220 horse tops. It looks so "unsporty". Watch me blow the doors off this thing."

I was driving the WRX on the interstate one day, holding my own at 80mph, when all of a sudden one of these right behind me just opens it up. It glided silently right past me like I wasnt even moving. Quite impressive.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008
I, for some reason, have developed this logic where a car can only receive adequate cooling if and only if it has some sort of opening on the front in which the radiator receieves direct airflow. If I see a small opening (ala fourth gen Civic) it starts to bother me, but that Trans Am, its a total mindfuck to me.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

RealKyleH posted:

Just got back form Miami with a silver 2002 WRX. Also learned to drive stick today. God this car is fun.

I also learned stick on a WRX 5-speed. How are you liking it so far? Took me a good 3-4 months to get it down well.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

EvilCrayon posted:

The 4chan memes were the worse... I realized how stupid the forums were when the top-viewed thread is a debate between high school kids with Zs and middle-aged men. And yeah, everybody at those meets are mentally ill or something. Oh, and that thread has 111 pages.

I actually like my interior a lot but I have completely forgotten what the inside of a G35 even looks like so I don't think I can compare just yet.

and just because I found an awesome parking spot today, another horrible cellphone photo:

This picture wouldnt have happened to be taken outside Chicago, off of Harlem Ave., near a Metra station, would it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

Octopus Magic posted:

My old DSM. Currently rotting away in my parents garage because it's completely unaffordable to race. Everyone wants to build a race car. Which is great if you don't have snow or salt or sand, and can afford to keep the car off the street parking.

JIC's tuned by john mueller (currently blown), big t28, 6 bolt, shep tranny, ray's wheels, bride zeta 3, apexi full exhaust setup and front mount, greddy 13 row oil cooler (a must for road course work), wideband, dsmlink, 80 billion greddy gauges, autopower rollbar, momo rally wheel, etc etc etc

Needs some evo 8+ brakes really bad for road courses, it'd fry a set of porterfields in a session. Pad knockback was also evil. Needs some 8.5 inch wide wheels and some hoosiers too. :sigh: about 3-4k in parts/work that i can't justify for what's pretty much a track only car now.

I race (well not really right now) bikes now to hold my competition jollies... But I really love auto racing.. :smith:

I would throw a set of street tires on it and daily drive the poo poo out of it.