Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Man I miss Germany so much. We had to cancel our one year anniversary honeymoon due some life BS but I need to get back over there.

It’s arguably my favourite holiday destination, particularly Bavaria. Good sights, good beer, the best roads in Europe and not particularly expensive.

So when we rocked up the view from our balcony was this. If you look at the peak on the left you can see the Eagles Nest.

Which led to some pretty gorgeous sights on Lake Königssee.

Next morning however the clouds started rolling in.

Which meant some pretty atmospheric sights back at Lake Königssee while we did some shopping.

Unfortunately the cloud cover rolled in completely and didn’t go for the rest of our time there so our plans to visit the Eagles Nest were scuppered yet again.

All the rain gave my other half the perfect excuse to “get the car warmed up”.

I’m now at the top of a mountain in Damuls Austria and it’s actually pretty nice up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Took the Oberalppas yesterday on our journey through Switzerland which was scenic into say the least.

Once we reached the top there are a couple of nice restaurants that cater to all the motoring enthusiasts that come through, and once the clouds cleared it was a decent view.

Ended up stopping on the Sustenstrasse simply because it had a nice looking river that stretched into the distance in the clouds.

After some very puckered up driving through clouds with zero visibility and lots of bendy corners with steep drops we eventually arrived at Adelboden, where today I got to spend the only day I get on this trip where I don’t have to drive.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

mekilljoydammit posted:

And yet people still won't accelerate to match freeway speeds. Any modern car can do it but in my experience people are usually 10-20mph under traffic speed by the time they merge, which is 100% a driver issue, not a "insufficiently powerful car" issue.

I can only speak for the UK, but most learners are taught in diesel cars and will change gear at 1500-2000 revs. Which is fine for driving economically, but the issue is in most cases they aren’t taught that revving the bollocks off the engine is fine if you need to get up to speed quickly. People seem to genuinely believe that it’s bad for the engine to take a car above 3000 revs. Who makes faster progress is less determined by who has the faster car, and instead is more about who is willing to use more of their vehicles available power band.

My friends who were with us on my recent road trip had a Citroen C3 with a 1.2l engine that made a mighty 82hp, and they coped with the autobahn and alpine roads just fine. All it meant was she had to keep the revs up and work the gears.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I actually got around to washing mine now the weather is getting better.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Bape Culture posted:

Naw I’ve been using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on my cars on road for past few sets coz of price. I properly rate em.

I wonder how an M3 would cope with the Potenza S001s that BMW uses these days. There’s one particular spot on my commute where I can consistently spin the rears. In a 320i. In the dry. On a hill. With traction control on. Using Eco-Pro mode.

Half tempted to go to a track and spend it going sideways and give the tyres a warriors death.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Just 1 week shy of having this for a year, hopefully the first year of many.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I did get a few funny looks transporting things over to my new flat.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Took this while on holiday up at t’ North Yorkshire coast. There are some bloody fantastic driving roads going through the Yorkshire Moors I have to say.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Ether Frenzy posted:

Same. I think the black fender inserts/kidney grilles look super tryhard, not as bad as the custom colored Roundels, but still not great.

Is it still tryhard if it comes like that from the factory?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Last weekend with the beast on the right as I’m getting a new one Monday.

With a mighty 75hp and a 5 speed manual box it’s an interesting driving experience to be sure. Not complaining at all as it’s keeping the miles off my car big time.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Had this bad boy a couple of weeks now.

As far as vans go it’s very comfortable and pleasant to drive. Luckily because I’m a tall fucker and can’t fit in the Peugeots and Citroen’s that most of the fleet is made up of, they got a Sport in for the same price as the base spec.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Had this for 2 years now and still never gets dull to drive. Probably going to keep it for quite some time.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Mine turned 3 years old as of today and went through its end of warranty check and first MOT with flying colours. Hasn’t skipped a beat in the 2.5 years I’ve had it, wonder how long that will last for.

Have to say it’s quite amazing how a car that easily thrashes 80% of other vehicles I encounter is by far and away the least powerful car on this page by a mile.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I should really wash my car.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I drove nearly 1500 miles last week to look at potential wedding venues and got some decent areas for photographs.

Also been spending far too much time playing with an app that uses machine learning to edit photos into looking like various artwork styles. I might get some photos from my road trips together and make a little scrapbook or something.

It’s called Prisma if anyone wants a go. It can be used for free but you have to click through a bit of bullshit to get to it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Ahem

A further ahem

I’d also like to add an ahem.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I was recently visiting family over in Wiltshire so got to drive through lots of nice leafy autumn countryside.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Turned 4 years old today with the last 3.5 with me. Also passed its second MOT without any issues, wonder how long that is going to last.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Washed my car for the first time since December and in less than 48 hours the rain dumps a load of Saharan sand over it.

Typical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Someone hit my car while it was parked up the other day and left it like this.

Been driving this around for about a week now, it’s really nice but I look forward to getting mine back.