Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

PLaSMaN posted:

F-Body greatness! I think i might have posted some pics of mine, but here she is in a more recent photoshoot in my backyard.

Info : It's a 87 Iroc-Z, Tuned Port Injection 305 with a 5-speed on a 3.45 ratio Borg-warner diff. Apart from the rare 1LE, it was the fastest factory 5-speed.

Your car is goddamn beautiful and it is what I dreamed my thirdgens could have looked like (if I wasn't a poor bastard at that time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

MiniFoo posted:

I think I'm going to regret selling my 30 MPG hatchback.

Not if you replaced it with that. Wicked nice car, I'm envious. Im also glad I'm not the only one that had raised white letters on an Rx7.

Got tags for my 67 Chevy the other day.

Since then I have replaced the header and collector gaskets. Adjusted the points, timing and carb and hooked up the vacuum advance. Now it goes like hell but the brakes are not worthy. Hopefully I can get to those today.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Leave me alone posted:

What really matters here is the size of your arms. Brakes on old Chevrolets are really simple. All that matters is the size of your hammer. Go slowly and take pictures all the way. Post pictures when in doubt, and somebody here will help you out.

No worries mate, I've done a lot of drum brakes over the years. I already did the fronts and got screwed on the chinesium drums. They don't have a hole for the adjusters (its not on the backing plate like normal rears) so I have to remove the drat drum to adjust them. Disc brakes are coming this winter. Even properly functioning drums are not safe with what this engine can do.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I picked this up 3 hours ago

1995 Ford F-150 Lightning. Traded in my busted rear end Cherokee. Clean, Carfax, full service history, nearly flawless body.

That's so wicked nice, good find! There is a red one in town where I live and it looks like the guy takes meticulous care of it which makes me happy. Seriously cool truck.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That Olds is so mint! I love the lighting upgrade too.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Blood Magnet posted:

2000 Isuzu Rodeo. I got it for free from my wife when her step-dad died. I built the snake snorkel, skeleton hand rearview mirror and light bar. I did some light exhaust work, but otherwise it's pretty stock.

I like you and your truck.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Blood Magnet posted:

Thanks. I also have a Volksrod that I'm working on. Also, I'm rear end in a top hat Bicycle's brother. Do you follow any of his projects?

Did you post the Volksrod on AYB like a couple years ago? I remember a black one but not who it was. Doesn't your brother have/had the truck with Chuck Norris or Burt Reynolds or something on the side and the crazy colors?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Wow, that's such nice car toaster. Gotta love the wheels too, hell yes.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Redneck Nietzsche posted:

Picked this up today in a divorce-driven sale (ridiculously cheap). Fully restored 1969 C-10.

Nice! Welcome to the 67-72 club.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

97 Ram V6. Thanks to my great uncle who left it to me for never ever driving it. Until last week it had never been driven in the snow, it gets put away every winter. I'm sure there are plenty of Daytonas and SRTs in this shape but this has to be the only nice V6 Ram left of this vintage and it makes me laugh every time I drive it. I have the window sticker for it too, the only options were the deluxe cloth and vinyl seat and painted rear step bumper. It didn't even come with a radio.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

azerdude32 posted:

Finally got some free time and decided to take a picture.

Oh and gently caress you DogDodger, I'm insanely jealous of your TT RS.

Nice, thats the best color too.

travisray2004 posted:

Please keep it in that condition!

I plan on it. Since I had to drive it in snowmageddon last week I'm going to clean the frame and anything underneath I can reach with WD40 before I put it away for this winter. There is also one small ding I'm going to have taken out with PDR and a few scratches to buff out too. Yes I am a giant nerd.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Hosing it down with WD40 is going to do just about nothing.

What would be good to get the salt off from underneath? Ive rinsed it with a hose and the under car spray at the car wash. Maybe that's all I have to do?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Basically that. As long as it's clean and not in a humid place (ie don't run humidifier in your garage) it'll be fine.

You can pry my garage humidifier out of my cold dead hands! :argh:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Hypnolobster posted:

People humidify garages?

That seems weird, and maybe insane.

I was just joking, that would be insane.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Plasti-dip comes in spray on cans! You just need to clean the hell out of everything, mask it off and spray away.

I did not know this. This changes the game significantly.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I like the cut of your jib.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

MiniFoo posted:

I see your dual defrost buttons and raise you a GRAPHIC EQUALIZER

What year is that? I had an 84 and the radio/tape/equalizer was black instead of silver. Does yours have that funky lever fader on the console? Mine didn't and maybe thats the difference.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

MiniFoo posted:

It's an '85 and it does in fact have the "joystick" fader in the middle console. What color was your interior, gray? I always assumed the radio units were all silver.

Yea it was gray. That silver radio is so much sweeter.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That XJ is cool as poo poo. Even though I swore Id never own another B5 after the one I had was such a pile of crap I would consider buying your wagon azerdude, is that a CT plate I spy?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

azerdude32 posted:

It's interesting, B5's seem to get everyone in the end. Yup, sure is a CT plate!

Well howdy neighbor! Do you go to any of the meets around here? When spring (lol) comes around I'm probably going to start going to the one on the Berlin Turnpike. Probably going to do NE Dustoff this year too if thats still a thing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

azerdude32 posted:

Hay local goon that I didn't know was local! Umm I tend to go to Dubs on Defrost (at Sherwood Island Park) and usually Waterfest, but I'm soo loving tired of going to hellaflush shows basically. That is all Dubs on Defrost and Waterfest has become (as if Dubs on Defrost was anything different :rolleyes: ) and I just really really really really hate that whole type of scene. I'd much rather go to a real enthusiast type of meet. Essentially, I really ought to go to more meets, but don't know of any good ones that aren't bullshit (like Dubs on Defrost). I've never heard of the meet at the Berlin Turnpike or NE Dustoff. Care to elaborate?

Yea I stopped going to Waterfest and stuff a while back when the hellaflush stuff really started to take off. I really only do TDI, aircooled and Scirocco stuff these days since they usually have enthusiasts that are into VWs and not a scene. I haven't been to the Berlin Turnpike meet yet but its on Wednesdays at the Dunkin Donuts ummmm, north of the DMV building, not sure of the actual address. NE Dustoff is April 22 in Seekonk, MA. I'm not sure of the hellaflushness level of that one these days but I'll probably check it out anyway.

e: wrong date

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 25, 2012

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Posting a Mazda is bad luck in AI though :ohdear:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

hunter x az posted:

Why's that?

The curse man, it might already be too late.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Bhp means brake horsepower, as opposed to wheel hp, so he means at the crank.

The term brake horse power comes from using the old Clayton type dynos that actually used a brake to slow the engine/wheels down and determine the power. It doesn't have anything to do with measuring the flywheel or drive wheels.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

ErectorBeast posted:

My 1966 El Camino, got it last week. My first car of my own, bought it for $7500.

Sweet, whats it got a 283?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

ErectorBeast posted:

Yeah, a 283. It needs air conditioning, and I plan to get new seats (they have shag seat covers on them right now) and a new sound system, but I really like it, it's an awesome car and quite the head-turner. The guy who owned it before me replaced the bench seat with bucket seats and furnished a custom oak wood console between them, it's pretty badass. Still needs work though.

Thats cool, I think know exactly what console you are talking about, its in like every old Chevy truck that has bucket seats. Is it a powerglide or some kind of manual?

I have a 67 C10 with a 283 and a three on the tree. Its got a cam and some long tubes. Its slow but it sounds fuckin sick (just do this instead of a stereo).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yik6UshyEhE

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Its just a TH400 with the FWD stuff tacked on. From hearsay it seems the chain is reliable and isn't really a problem.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Playing in the dirt with my Forester.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

11BulletCatcher posted:

It's not boxy enough. It can't be a real cadillac if it isn't boxy and flat. :colbert:

If you meant to say "huge fins" then you are correct.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

All kidding aside Mr Saturn though, thats a wicked awesome car.

e: the old one too

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Awww man, what loving assholes :argh:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I hadn't taken any new pics of the 67 in a while.

Don't listen to the air cleaner, its actually a 283 :ssh:

Also, that master cylinder was new two years ago, cripes.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Another AIer and I found a place to practice our rallycross chops.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

I cleaned both of mine and thought it was time for a lovely photo or two.

Excuse the healing brushed front plates.

Lookin good, a little clay bar action on them and they'll be looking top notch ;p

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

I washed two out of the three cars today. the Civic is an '01 EX with a manual, the Element has the 2.4 I4.

GM orange peel paint, STOCK

Nice GN. That was a huge dream car for me when I was younger and I still haven't owned one yet. Definitely one of the cars on my bucket list.

I lowered my C10 the other day. Cross postin' from the what did you do thread.

Before:

After:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Been putting some miles on it and put my scooter in the back for weight since the bed is pretty much gone. Rides so much better.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

:patriot:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I showed my dad this picture and he said, "That looks like Broad Brook CT."

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea that RS2 is fuckin boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Powershift posted:

Dear powershift,

Stop fuckin buying cars.

Sincerely, your wallet.

I'll have better pics in the morning, but yeah, she's a boat.

Holy poo poo that is stunning, nice find on that gorgeous car.