Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

meatpimp posted:

5.5 sec 0-60 is no slouch, especially pulling that kind of weight. Plus it doesn't get single-digit mileage. Tough call over the big V8, but it checks out.

While the V8 Camaro you really want with the 1LE package is $40K, a 2.0T Camaro is priced similarly to a Civic Si and a Toyobaru. The Alpha-platform Camaros are seriously underrated performance cars failed by design and marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Thank you for the info dump!

I'm not saying this is gonna happen but my wife has been on board with me getting a new car in the near future. I'd settled on the FiST because I love me some turbo hatchback. But I drove a few Mustangs last year and I've never had a full on muscle car. I'd posted before that I love the 05-09 styling and don't really care for the update body. But when I started looking at pricing the 2015's have dropped in price a lot. And my wife does like the S550, so I know she wouldn't be totally opposed to it.

I haven't driven one but what's the overall opinion on the auto in the 15-17s?

Since I'm not sure what you mean by update body, you can split the difference between the full retro styling of the S-197 and the actually good performance of the S550 with a 2011-14 Mustang (S-197 II.) While the big refresh started with the MY2010 cars, MY2010 cars were still saddled with the Cologne and Mod motors.

Also good lord those first-gen Coyote Mustangs are cheap now. So many of these now-decade-old muscle cars will be wrapped around trees soon.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Tremek posted:

Also working with Brew City Boost on a HPTuners MPVI v2 tune for it on the 7.3/10spd because Ford factory tunes leave much to be desired. Btw it pulled 12,000 lbs without issue even before the tune.

The new 7.3 is pretty cool, and also seems like it was developed with a wink and a nod to hot-rodders and the aftermarket, as Ford's swan song gas V8

BTW how is that monster truck as a daily driver? My impression of HD trucks was that the big upgrade in towing and payload numbers came with a similarly big downgrade in unladen ride quality, and parking also sucks if you don't live in the Big Empty

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

How does the C6 market look these days? The C6 Grand Sport is the most interesting to me because it's the cheapest way into the widebody C6, my favorite looking modern Corvette. But a standard C6 for $20K might make me rethink a Grand Sport. I could also spend that money into putting real sport seats in, a modern double-DIN stereo, and a modified factory steering wheel to replace the stock wheel that's shared with a Cobalt.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

opengl128 posted:

I think you'd have no problem finding a very decent example of a base C6 for under $20k.

The GM parts bin C6 wheel isn't horrible. Could be worse, could be the one year only travesty they put in it the first year 2005 C6:

I agree that the 2005-era GM wheel is fine. Yet you can make the C6 wheel look like it actually belongs in a proper sports car with some upgrades:

This is not possible with the C5 wheel, which will always look like it belongs in an Oldsmobile Intrigue.