Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

xxn1927 posted:

1982 Dodge Aries Custom Wagon with the 2.6l Mitsubishi Hemi Astron Engine.

What time is it?
FUEL O' CLOCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
Was this

90 VW Corrado with a VR6 swap. Fast as hell when it decided to work right, and looked great. Eventually did a whole slew of modifications to it and it got even faster and more fun to drive, but then got backed into and totaled. Ruined my fun.

Then this

89 Honda Civic hatch with the d15. Slow as poo poo, got 42MPG even with me flooring it all the time, sounded like hell but never broke, and cost me a whopping $300.

Now this

96 Audi A6 Quattro
Boring but it works perfectly and is very comfortable and versatile. God I can't wait to sell this car and get something more interesting.

edit OH MY GOD THE TABLES

intheflesh fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 3, 2010

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
click for big
Just bought this, and I already hate now long it takes to say the name
1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE THOUSAND MILES

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

DropShadow posted:

, how much was it?
Three Grand, which seems a bit high for something that is 22 years old and has so many drat miles, but the previous owner did most of the mods I would have done already, and the thing is in immaculate condition. Wheels are allegedly of some old Porsche (924 maybe? Has Porsche centercaps which look legit but no markings on the outside), but I haven't taken them off to validate yet. Also came with a set of Audi 4k wheels with some brand new studded snows, so that's a bonus right there.

Only problem I have to deal with is some strange squeaking sound while driving. Doesn't sound like wheel bearings, rhythmic squeaking sound that does not change with speed or engine RPM or what gear I'm in, and only happens from 25ish to 50ish. what the hell

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

meatpimp posted:

I bet the bomb is not working.

What do you mean? I know not what the bomb is

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
I posted my car a good while back, but I did a dumb thing to it today and felt like sharing

Woodgrain Winter Wheels

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
First decent picture I have in the two drat years I've owned it.
2000 A6 2.7T quattro with the 6 speed
Comparatively light for a full size luxo sedan at 3750 lbs, but moves pretty well with ~300HP after a mild tune

EDIT Is this better? My browser automatically resizes like all modern browsers should, so I have no clue is this shows up as an acceptable size or not.

I just realized this is the first car I've kept for more than 18 months
(except for project cars that never get finished but they don't count)

intheflesh fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 10, 2016

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

This car FUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
Got a new job so I'm commuting now, plan was to do it in the truck but an irrevocable gently caress no to that after just one week
Added this sleek longboi to the mix
2014 A7 3.0T Prestige with all the fixins
Aside from being in desperate need of tints, thing is in amazing condition. Only blemish is previous owner parked by ramming his wheels into poo poo, all 4 are curbed to hell but I'll likely use these for winters and get something more interesting for summers by next year

Q5 worked fine for us for a few years now, and when I wasn't working and wife was work from home 90% of the time, it was ideal. Her role has changed and is now going to client sites a few times a week and turns out truck is just fine for truck stuff but absolutely blows for a normal commute. I don't know how so many people do it