Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

economic haircut posted:

Wrapped in Matte White and Fake CF. Looks AWESOME!

Looks kinda similar :) :

Previous owner took it for a ride off road. I got it from him, turned it Lambo Murci Balloon White. 19/20" HRE setup on Nitto Invo's. Worlds Fastest Viper convertible. Absolute blast to drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

Absolute bad rear end car. The mid 60's lincoln will always be an iconic car. Awesome that you got it back up and running again. Being able to work on your own stuff makes it 10x more gratifying. What's the most common comment you get when driving it? Wouldn't surprise me if people have no idea about suicide doors.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

Das Volk posted:

You should get a better picture, balloon white looks awesome.

I agree. The shop that built the car, sent me this one day (No I don't own the flanking lambo's).

I'm not going to keep the car much longer. Will likely sell in the next 60 days or so. I'll get some nice pictures done prior to selling for sure.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Fastest or Quickest? And how whichever, quantify, please.

1.4 60ft. 5.55@135 1/8 mile 8.57@157.9 1/4 mile

530", Striker Race Heads, 2 76mm turbo's, custom intake, billet everything, etc, etc

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Very nice. I read fastest and thought it was going to be a mile machine, which would put a huge load on the convertible top!

The fastest convertible is likely Hollywood's SRT vert down in texas. He's done the mile stuff, but with a hard top added to his car. I'm not sure who has the highest top speed with an actual soft top. I can tell you at 160, this car gets a little hairy. I'm not geared for the top speed stuff. To be honest, if I can't "win" at something, I don't want to do it. Nothing is going to mess with the UnderGround Racing lambo's or the FGT's that are out there right now. Vipers don't have transmissions that can stay together. Without it being a purpose built race car. I've always been into drag racing as I can still drive the car as a street car without issue.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

This. That's brutal, do you have a full cage under the top?

No cage, no bars of any sort lol. That's why it only runs on track rentals or 1/8th mile tracks. I have the stock half shafts in now vs the billet ones I had. Allows me to have ABS and bigger brakes on the car. I had another viper before this one, that was caged and went 5.80's in the 1/8th on a 20" nitto invo street tire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k

That one has been 7.80's at over 180 mph before. I only ran it in street tire setup. Car would run 8's on a 20" street tire. It is the same setup as the convertible. The difference being the convertible has slightly better heads and custom intake.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

economic haircut posted:

Good God... you are a maniac

I wonder at what speed the soft top would disintegrates?

I'm just a chump in this company

(pre-wrap)

There is something to be said for less modifications. As with any car that has major mods, there comes major babysitting. I just put a pectel unit on the car as it was eating AEM's for lunch. AEM has no parts for their boxes, so you're SCREWED. As you can imagine, that upgrade wasn't cheap. I'm lucky I haven't been killed in the car, given some of the things I've done.

I want something different. I'm looking at an R8 and doing it similar. It's a lambo platform in a more luxurious interior. I'm not interested in setting records anymore. Just want something I can outrun bikes with on the local interstate.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
Frame of reference. In the same way I reference how much power the car makes at times, doesn't mean I've ever ran it at full load (I haven't). It's no different than having an insane stereo system. You just want to have the ability, regardless of what you'll use.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
Just picked this up today. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but the custom idea's are literally endless. It's a mid 50's mail truck. Really short wheelbase, only 96"! Thing is almost 8' tall haha. Can't wait to figure out what to do with it:

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

I see it's a Dodge, but what is the name of the model? (If there even is one?) Whatever it is, I'm echoing the sentiments that it loving owns.

There isn't a lot of information out there. There were two coach builders that did these for dodge from what I understand. One used a push button, the other didn't. This one didn't. Leaving it stock isn't really an option. I want to make it safe to drive at highway speed. With something this short and tall, that can present problems. Luckily it isn't a unibody design like mopar had in later years. We'll lift the body off at some point during the winter and see what we can do. The nose is an actual dodge truck, so there is plenty of room. I may put a 5.7 hemi in it. I have to see if the transmission will fit as it's a tight fit already. We could do an OD unit, which would allow it to get at least high teen's on gas given its brick shape. I did this on a 70 cuda and we get 25mpg with it. You actually access the motor from the inside. Look at the two doors on the inside, that's how you access the motor lol:

Inside the back:

Obviously you could go a million directions with this thing. I need to get the official height so I can see what I'm dealing with. If I can't make it safe at speed, then I'll need to chop the top to get it in a trailer. Either way, this will take months to figure out. I doubt I'll even touch it for 6 months. It will take that long to come up with a proper design, gather all the parts and go from there. I won't start a project unless I have 90% of what I need from the start. Mopars aren't like fords/gm, parts aren't always easy to get or in stock. I appreciate all the comments, it arrives at the shop today!

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
I tend to believe they were produced in small numbers, for some of the reasons you mention. Mass producing a right hand drive vehicle, with non traditional parts, couldn't have been an efficient process. I believe it was built by Twin-Coach builders in Ohio. They kept the same style, as I understand it, for 3 years. I imagine any production numbers will be tied to a 3 year run vs year to year. I'd be shocked if more than 200 or so were built a year, just due to the unique nature of them. Record keeping would fall on the coach builder and from what I've seen so far, there is very little information out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
Awesome having a car that 98% of people will have no idea what it is. You can just make up names for fun lol. How is service on one of those things?