Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, some of you know I had a deposit in on a Slingshot. I was told that it would be a terrible purchase, I was an idiot, my kids are ugly, etc.

Well, I didn't care. I wanted a small, open, absurd little car to gently caress around with on the weekends.

So I bought a Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. We already have a 500 pop, and it's a stupid amount of fun. This Abarth is.. jesus. It's loud, the ride is terrible, and it tracks all over the place. I love it so very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Finally pulled the other 500 out of the garage so the wife could drive it. It's sat for the last 6 months, unloved.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm buying the 124 the moment it's on sale

Installing a set of custom stripes on the red 500 today. I have a set of white abarth 16s coming for it next week, and will be painting the mirror caps white. These things are stupid fun, and the backseat of the cabrio is actually not bad at all.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nohearum posted:

Can you explain why one would buy two of the same car? They are different models of the 500, but it still baffles me that you would want two of the same vehicle.

They are as much the same car as an evo is a Lancer. One is a turbocharged cabrio, the other is a lazy little hatchback. The Pop is my wife's, the Abarth cabrio is mine. Though she never drives it, really. I think it's moved twice in the last year.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ether Frenzy posted:

Number of burnouts in the last 300 posts: 0

YOUR MOVE, SHITLORD

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I wish Subaru would sell the old 2.5rs with a modern drivetrain. It's too bad Subaru doesn't have any modern drivetrains to put in them.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ehud posted:

hello this is my car

2013 Fiat Abarth

Hey there, Abarth buddy. Still loving my 13 abarth cabrio.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ehud posted:

:hfive:

It's a cool and good car. Getting the itch to do a couple of things to it soon. Looking at intake and ECU mods. You done anything to yours?

Ive done a roadrace ultimate 3 ecu piggyback, sila concepts cai, madness go pedal, and madness short shifter.

The go pedal and short shifter made the biggest difference in driving fun, even though they add zero power. The roadrace piggyback added a fuckload of power, but I really suggest go pedal first and foremost. You'll wonder why the hell the car didn't come like that from the factory.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

Can you option 500s to not have body-color dash panels?

Nope.

I stole the red panel out of my wife's 500 to put in my abarth, and covered my grey panel in fake carbon fiber to put inside hers.

I did the same with her red mirror caps.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Took my hot hatch* music festival camping last weekend.

*do quasi-convertibles count?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PCOS Bill posted:

If you live in a state where you have to it's kind of a thing you have to do

I live in California and own... uh.... a lot of cars. None of them have front plates

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah, but you don't even have to run plates in Cali.

Sorry, what?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

It's that perfect temperature and humidity where the frost sticks to the vinyl top, but not the body of the car, so the roof looks super sparkly and the metal is still jet black.

it makes the neatest effect. it's hard to get a picture of because it's dark as hell out there and i dont have a tripod, but you kinda get the idea here. it's like somebody coated the whole roof in glitter.

Yeah, it's been 30f or so overnight here in San Diego, leaving a nice layer of frost on the soft top of the Abarth. Looks good.

No photo, so here's my rear badge with frost on it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bojanglesworth posted:

Thanks so much! Luckily I took my other wheels off before we started getting snow, because the tires were so bad.

Haha.

Jesus Christ.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We love our Flex so very very much. We have a burgendy 2014 with the appearance package, black and satin 20" wheels, blacked out trim ad smoked lights. It looks so loving great.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FCKGW posted:

We had the burgundy 2009 before it got totaled. Tried to talk the wife into a killer deal on the top of the line 2011 but the red/black paint job was a deal breaker.

I love the seats on this thing for long hauls, it's like driving a couch.

Yep.

When I go from driving my Abarth during the week to the Flex on the weekends..... Holy poo poo.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The flex is the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

I choose it over our A7 most of the time.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

For the love of god, don't run into anything :ohdear:

This is honestly what I think whenever I see this generation of F150

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

clutchpuck posted:

I don't get it but I don't make a habit of running into things.

https://youtu.be/6Wb66PzljP8

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I had a 2007 s60 T5 with a 6speed spaceball MT. Second best car I've owned, after the abarth.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Re: Post a photo that includes your house

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

blk posted:

I love what I can see of your house. Any more pics?

It's ... interesting.

You can't really tell from these photos, but about 1/3 of the house is glass from floor to ceiling, including the living room, which has a 12' W x 12' H sliding glass door-thing that allows the entire room to open up.

1.5 Acres was not easy to come by in North County San Diego. That being said, the construction quality is terrible and it's a loving greenhouse in the summer, so I get to enjoy $1,000 electricity bills. I really need to jump on the solar bandwagon.

Note the hilarious cottage on my hill next to the jacuzzi/patio.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

Man, depending on the inside, this is a maaaaaybe $300k house where I live. If the interior isn't covered in unicorn jizz, then it's a 200k house. Granted, you don't get the views or the privilege of living near an active fault line, and there's no way your state might actually end up going to Trump, but property values and such continue to amaze me in this, the Age of the Internet.

200k. Hilarity. It's worth about 950k.

I own and rent out a much nicer, newer house in the Palm Springs area. It's worth about 350k, which is still less than I paid for it in 2007.

eyebeem fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 4, 2016

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I guess so.

Let me just reiterate that the house is a pile of garbage and we cant wait to move. It was built by an idiot and needs to be torn down.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Welp. Just made the most boring car purchase of my life.

The wife and I now each have an energi and a Fiat 500. At lease my 500 is an abarth and a different color than hers.

Realtalk, the energi is actually really nice to drive. It's like a small version of our flex, with better low end torque. Really roomy inside, and much more engaging than the Prius's I've owned in the past.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You can do what you wanna, but why do you and your wife both need a Fiat 500 and an Energi? You've got 5 vehicles in total and 4 of them are 2 sets of doubles. I don't get it.

Our Flex is a lease and is being returned next month.

Her Fiat is a base model Pop, was her commuter car, and is now for sale. She bought it before we had kids, and it's no longer practical now that we take two kids to daycare every day.

My fiat is an abarth cabrio, and was my commuter, but is now my weekend "fun" car.

Our old system was to drive the Flex when we needed to take a kid somewhere or drive somewhere as a family. Now we both have cars that we can all fit in.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PenisMonkey posted:

I took the Micro Machine out for some on-ramps.

It's ugly. An ugly beast.

https://youtu.be/wrko2rqbV98

I just moved to probably the most pretentious loving neighborhood in south Orange County, California.

You drive the way most idiots in my neighborhood with cars like yours drive.

Everyone has a car like yours.

You drive like everyone in my neighborhood.

This is not a good thing.

*edit* One of my cars is also a total fart machine, but it's an Abarth, and a stick, so it's way cooler than yours despite being worth as much as one of your calipers.

eyebeem fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 11, 2017

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darchangel posted:

"These are simple farmersfolk, people of the land. You know, morons."

Darchangel posted:

"These are simple farmers folk, people of the land. You know, morons."

Come on, man.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

savesthedayrocks posted:

I've always wanted to get a clean 90 or 91, and swap an H22 in.

I had a 92 Prelude Si w/ 4 wheel steering. Blew the motor and had a questionable shop do an H22 swap. Never quite got the VTEC to KICKINRIGHTYO, and wiring in the 4WS was a major pain in the rear end. It ended up getting stolen pretty soon after.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I cracked two intake manifolds on my p71.

Also, enjoy waking up to a passenger footwell full of coolant once the heater core detonates. Or, rather, every time the heater core detonates.

Still miss that car.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

tehk posted:

Uh here is my weekendly. It is a 454 sleeved and stroked LS3, right now twin 69mm forged turbos, and lots of fab work.

I guess I'll stop posting my cars, then.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I feel like we are getting the other side of the "bought my wife a bowling ball for Christmas, but she doesn't bowl :smuggo:" trope

I can see myself convincing the wife she needs a 996T but... oh no... you don't drive stick well and it's super expensive to fix! I drive stick... you know.... gotta keep those fluids moving...

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My dad used to work for Nintendo but now he works at GM and he said the next Corvette will be mid engine with 708hp.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Nice Prius but there's some boxy old car in the way in your photos.

eyebeem fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 6, 2017

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love when people "fix" photos by making them looks hilariously bad.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Geo storm post makes me a little sad that I grew up in and still am in the SoCal burbs.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Eh.

If I don't charge at all, and drive 80mph to work and back, 90 miles of freeway per day, I average 33mpg in my cmax energi

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I should take a picture of my Abarth gauges when I get home. I think my trip 2 is currently at 2,000ish miles and 15-16mpg

Out of a 1.4L

VROOOOOOOM PSSSSHHHHH POP POP VROOOOOOOOOM PSSSSHHHH POP POP

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BraveUlysses posted:

they look like old kitchen cabinets re-purposed for the garage

I did this at my last house. My grandfather was throwing out some old cabinets from his house and i snatched them right up and used them for 7 years in my garage. They were garbage quality, and I beat them to poo poo, but they worked.

Free cabinets + about $40 in lumber and plywood = a decent enough workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Insanity =/= Disruptive Retardation. Especially for the apparent reason of "gently caress everyone and the babies sleeping in their cars."

Automotive Insanity: base model Civics with fart pipes are awesome! This hasn't ever been the case in this forum I seem to have wandered into like a hapless idiot. Save your patronizing bullshit for someone else, cupcake.

You're going to lose this one, buddy.