Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

omgitstheinternet posted:

Yep, that's my roommates saabaru (that actually got rear ended and possibly totalled the other day :( ). For A5H they are 17x9.5 et 25 all around.

Got pictures of the Saab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Laura-4-Lyfe posted:

1971 914-4

Awesome. The 914 definitely falls into the category of "affordable dream car" for me. I've never driven one but they look like they'd be a blast.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

mulligan posted:

I.. I.. MAY have made a big mistake....

That's a mistake I'd love to be able to make.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A5H posted:

You're not allowed to post in AI if you don't know what a 037 is :colbert:

I had no idea there was a road version but I guess it makes sense due to homologation rules. So to answer The Third Man's question - I'm guessing it would cost you a few vital organs if you could even find one.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
That Impala is crazy nice. You're not gonna juice that thing too are you?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of rake (and to be honest, that looks pretty even), I wouldn't lower the back any more than it is.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Bojanglesworth posted:

Here is mine for now, a few minor adjustments in the way of suspension and I should be all set:

[img]Outback on BLQs[img]

Love it. Is ride height one of the adjustments you plan on making? I love how low it is, but it tends to be a bitch driving around with that little travel.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Viper_3000 posted:

Roll Tahd Pawl. What's the deal with the hood? It looks like a pattern or something interesting, got a better pic?

Looks like rust with another houndstooth stencil in the corner. Tres chic.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

CountOfNowhere posted:

Good guess, lol. I'm always down for a beer! PM me if you have them, otherwise I'll obfuscate and post my email address.

Haven't spent much time in Eugene but what time I have makes me feel not good inside.

There's a PNW AI thread but nobody from Oregon posts in it. I'm in Portland too. As is 4/20 NEVER FORGET.

dphi fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 22, 2014

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Wait, what? Is it activated from inside the cab with a toggle switch, hopefully underneath a flip-up fighter jet switch safety cover???? :ohdear: Because if it is, I have been tossing around the idea of fabricating something like that with an old PC CD tray for years. If there's an actual kit you can buy, I need a link.

http://www.hidetheplate.com/

They have a manual and electronic version. Been thinking about getting one myself as the meter maids will ticket you for it in downtown Portland.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

blk posted:

What's the fix-it fine in Oregon for this anyways? I'm running the Saabaru without a front plate right now. I relocated the Miata plate but am tempted to do away with it altogether.

I honestly don't remember as it's been a while. I've run without plate here for 12+ years and have only got a few tickets on traffic stops during that time.

The tickets you get from the meter maids are treated like parking tickets though, so you have to just pay the fine. It's like $40 or something as opposed to the $130 or whatever ticket you get from a real cop.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There's a guy on my commute with a grey hail-damaged 99ish Civic Si with a "titleist" script vinyl pasted on the hood.

Definitely not one of these though, right?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Since the sun has been out for consecutive days here, figured I'd finally wash it. Really need to get a clay bar though.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

doogle posted:

Dang, too rich for my blood. Those wheels would have looked awesome on my Chevy SS, but I'll keep looking.
There's a ton of wheel manufacturers that make that same style for less money, check out the Rohana RFX11, 305Forged FT105 or FT106, Vorsteiner V-FF 105, etc. They tend to be rotary or flow forged or whatever they want to call it, but better than cast.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MrOnBicycle posted:

To be honest, you don't have to get the $1k+ packages to get the goodness of coatings. 95% of the price is the correction of the paint (that also does 95% of the "wow" from how coatings look). On a daily driver that is bound to get brushed up against, leaned on, get small dings etc you could just slap on something like CQuartz UK 3.0 that will last years if properly maintained, but won't be a nightmare to remove. It kinda depends on what you want to get out of the coating. If it's just the easy cleaning, and you don't care about some swirls here and there, you could slap a coating on there and enjoy it. :)

Honestly I would start with a good wash and clay bar, then apply this:

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Pr...ps%2C213&sr=1-2

Takes more applications per year but it's super easy to apply. If that doesn't satisfy you, start looking at ceramic coating.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

zhel posted:

So I did a thing last week and got a new ride.

Passion purchases never end poorly right?

That is so drat beautiful. My co-worker has the 4cyl and it's in the shop all the time but he still loves it more than anything. His loaner is either another Giulia or a Stelvio so he doesn't mind too much. Would be tough to get a loaner 4cyl if you're used to the Quadrifoglio though.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tremek posted:

No chrome best chrome.

Your truck looks good and probably sounds great with the Coyote, congrats. I need to figure out what to do about the Merc, it's too chromey.

Hope the kid starts letting you use your garage in the future

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I think those MR2s are some of the better looking pop-up headlight cars with the lights popped up.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Suburban Dad posted:

It's just a good looking car period and has aged pretty well.

Absolutely. But a lot of cars from that era still look great until the headlights are popped up, the MR2 pulls it off.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Mmmmm... those BBS's, very nice

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I hear that man. My '13 is more comfortable and quiet on the highway than any car I've ever owned. The coyote is a hoot and a half.

My next car might be a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Scionix posted:

This thing rips

First order of business, wrap that atrocious section of front bumper thats blacked out, turning an ugly car into a perfectly handsome one

Are you going to try to match the factory paint with wrap? I'd actually like to see how that turns out looking, also not a fan of that design decision.