Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I need to take some better pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

meatpimp posted:

Those wheels are a pain in the rear end to clean.

I didn't really want wheels this heavy, but I do like how they look.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

A few shots of my 2012 S6 Avant, picked up Thursday. It's a gloomy day, I used my phone and I'm a poo poo photographer, so sorry the pics aren't better.

Note: the flashy number plate is not mine, and will be going back to the dealership within the week to be replaced by a normal one.

Is this the one Hammond tested on Top Gear a few years back in that Swiss ski village? Did you get the ceramic brake option? :getin:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Though an avid Top Gear viewer I can't remember that segment, however they only started producing the new (i.e. C7) version of the S6 last year, so I'd say no.

Didn't get the car brand new (has 3,000 miles on it), so couldn't choose options. It belonged to the owner of the dealership I bought it from though, so it is extremely well-specced. Ceramic brakes it doesn't have, however.

It was actually the RS6 I was thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnto05elCE

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Paul Boz_ posted:

Yeah they do :).

To be honest the worst part of this whole ordeal was getting the fingerprint powder out of my paint. It took an hour and a half of scrubbing to get it all. I had to laugh that the cop didn't even fingerprint the dash or windshield (for the better I'm sure).

I can't believe they finger printed anything. Of the three times I've had a car broken in to I only called the cops twice, after the first two. The first time they sent a guy out about 3 hours later, took a statement, asked me what was missing, and gave me a report number that I could get a copy of in 24 hours. Didn't even look at the car. Second time they asked if it happened on the street (it didn't) and if the license plate was taken (it wasn't, but wtf?), and said they won't be sending anyone out but they can provide "evidence of a citizen reported incident" in 7 to 10 days. After that I just didn't even bother calling the third time.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

shodanjr_gr posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a 500+ HP monster. My point is that there i'd have no place to actually enjoy the drat thing in the middle of Long Island (or any of the other places I've lived at recently).

Apparently people there have figured out how to enjoy them as I saw more exotics/super cars per normal car out there than any place else I've been, even LA.

Driving through Huntington I was once sandwiched in by two Bentley GTs. The dude in one of them was smoking a cigar.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Octopus Magic posted:

I guess it looks okay (??) but that's gotta be the worst photograph man. Take again with something that isn't a camera phone and in the dark.

Seriously, with that old truck in the back it looks like something from the Internet K Hole.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

So solly

Better? I care not about your tables.

That's a beautiful car, man. Is it a real Z28?

Nice house, too.

So, one question, why don't you have a better camera? That seriously looks like the it might have been taken by the first camera phone in existence.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My dirty black rocket:

So glad the weather has finally turned for the better. I should probably wash the pollen, mud, and bird poo poo off.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MiniFoo posted:

To be honest, wouldn't learning how to drive a manual transmission be easier on a big, torquey engine?

I learned on an '02 GT. The big torquey engine makes you hesitate too much with the throttle which causes you to buck and stall. With a weaker engine you can mash the pedal and not really be surprised by the sound and acceleration.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They turn on the lights.

Duh, right?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My buddy's Dart has been in the shop over 15 times already in the year he's had it.

But, but..

Tweak.
Tweak.
Tweak.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

x-post from the BMW thread:

Babbys first set of 3pc BBSeseses

Your car is beautiful. Thanks for keeping another one alive!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Das Volk hasn't killed himself/gotten arrested with his Viper.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
First turbo car. Wooooosh!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The biggest downside of driving a modern M car is most definitely the shitlords in 3/435s trying to race you on the freeway/on ramp/parking lot/drive thru or every other location where they happen to spot you. Also the fart canned imports that go out of their way to keep you from changing lanes or merging and then fart off down the road when you slow down intentionally to get away from them.

I can't imagine the stupidity that comes along with driving a lambo.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Post your own ride - YOUR MOVE SHITLORD

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Tiguan?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I almost bought one of those at Carmax. Well, tried to but it had been shipped there for a customer to test drive. When the deal fell through they never called me back and I ended up with a new CX-5.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This the YOOL two thousand and fifteen an AIer willingly buys a new Buick.

The end is neigh

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I saw an old gold El Dorado with an American flag in the back window parked in Oslo, near sentrum, a few months ago. Pretty BA

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Half of the shows budget goes to keeping it running.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Strangely enough I totally agree that the 6 Gran Coupe is one of their best looking current models. I saw an M6 Gran Coupe in black at night parked but running at a valet stand and was blown away. Looked so mean and aggressive yet curvy and ... Sensual? That got weird.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

fjelltorsk posted:

I feel like jumping in behind a blue viper is...ill advised.

but i picked up a new used car as a utility/second car today. my wife has somewhat adopted the tesla so...

Norway?

That truck has to cost a fortune if so.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of VW, I'm guessing this weekend might be a great time to get a good deal on a new one... Or would waiting for the poo poo to roll downhill a bit be better?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
A guy at an apartment I used to live at had a black C5 with the plate "GETMWET". He weighed like 350lbs or more and had a handicap placard.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Agreed. That E60 looks like rear end now though.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

They looked terrible from day one

Well yeah

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What year S5 is that?

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 25, 2016

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

D C posted:

2008/9? V8 still. With a RS5 grill it looks like.

Also that RLS badge is horrible, is that a dealer thing?

That looks great for an 08/09. The headlights look like the current gen to me.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I miss my S65 :(

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MetaJew posted:

Lol washing your performance CUV so that your wife can drive in ECO mode to hot yoga.

Cu​ck utility vehicle?

my wife drives an X3

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lightbulb Out posted:

Getting ready for winter.

I really need to buy one of these again but they're getting o rare in clean, plastic lumber, M20B25, sport trim.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lightbulb Out posted:

Rare? I've got two of them in my garage! :v:

Shut your mouth, SITHLORD

Seriously PM me if you ever want to sell that sport.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Picked up yesterday. Didn't want to wait a few weeks for a a black one. Not sure how I'm feeling about white.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Why'd you get out of such a recent GTI?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

eyebeem posted:

I had a 92 Prelude Si w/ 4 wheel steering. Blew the motor and had a questionable shop do an H22 swap. Never quite got the VTEC to KICKINRIGHTYO, and wiring in the 4WS was a major pain in the rear end. It ended up getting stolen pretty soon after.

80sHondaCoupe.txt

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I know a bunch of engineers and data scientists at Carvana. They are a good shop and are actually trying to improve the experience and disrupt the dealer model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

lol if you think that engineers and scientists determine that model. (i am an engineer albeit not in the auto industry)

Ehh I know more than that about them. They are on the up and up.