Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

dangerz posted:

Just picked it up a couple months ago. 2000, mn6, Borla Quad Stingers and some audio mods.

Audio pls

1969 Citroën DS 21 Super:

1987 Citroën CX 25 GTi Auto

Click here for the full 800x571 image.

1997 Citroën XM 2.0 SX:

Plus another two Citroëns in storage. gently caress the Germans, I ain't ever been happier :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

MB500SEL posted:

This is absolutely gorgeous.
Does this mean the Bentley, Roller and Cadillac are gone?
Oui. The DS has a muuuch nicer ride anyway :frogc00l:

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Sweevo posted:

1990 Peugeot 205 GTI.

One of the original grin machines. Looks in lovely nick. My only complaint about Peugeot enthusiasts is the way they tend to hoover up Xantia Activas and XM CTs from eBay for their 2.0 turbo engine -- the Activa being a fragile but thoroughly incredible car that nobody should ever break for a god damned Pug transplant!

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

The family wagon

Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Tourer. Interior pic included because of the weird fixed boss steering wheel (that actually makes a shitload more sense than a rotating one).

Car looks a little low because the air suspension was down. Neat switch in the boot area to depressurise the system and allow easy loading/unloading of ancient dog :)

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Prescription Combs posted:

So much on the list of cosmetic things to fix/replace. :(

Care to explain what the hell it is?

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Korwen posted:

This is my first one, and it was a fantastic buy.

Always wanted one. Here they come in two guises: either cheap and in poor condition or hellishly expensive and immaculate. There seems to be no middle ground. The GTS seems to be the one everyone goes for with late model cars fetching £20K plus (though I doubt many will sell at that level this year).

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

I see you have the hood off ;)

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

That's a great snap

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Moruitelda posted:

Union roof! I salute you.

Can't remember if it was this forum, but I recall talking with an owner who had put bloody German plates on his. You'd not fly the United Arab Emirates flag on the Chrysler Building, now would you?

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Negromancer posted:

Well the new minis are made by BMW........

:eng99:

Get your tricolours in for Chrysler then

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

porter posted:

By my own admission, I simply got a bit lucky and made some timely choices.

Your cars are straight from the lottery winner's first week but your house - off-topic I know but your house looks simply stunning. Whereabouts are you, roughly?

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

meatpimp posted:

I'd say he's in AI if he's reading this.

Stunning.

Call me a human being if you like but architecture and cars gives me the same impressively sized boner. And you just don't see houses like that here, more's the pity.

I have no wish to invoke the wrath of our local deity so I'll shut up now :(

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

wintermuteCF posted:

Is it just me or do European-style licence plates (narrow and long) look better than their North American counterparts (thicker and shorter)?

Some models seem to have inserts or a redesigned rear ends that change the shape of the plate area (e.g. S-Class, 7-Series) but mostly they look wrong. Any vehicle wider than it is tall will look strange with a square plate anyway, but when the car itself was designed around another shape you have no hope of getting it looking right. Can you not order oblong plates? We can order square plates (e.g. to fit U.S. imports -- friend had them made specially for his GMC 'A-Team' van) it's just that they're illegal :)

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

-Spiffy- posted:

Does it have the goofy backwards indicator/wiper controls?

I drove a focus once and it was highly irritating.

Left- or right-hand drive?

Those of us who drive on the right side of the road have the wiper stalk nearest the glass. I'd love to know what dictates this, as not only is it the other way around for left-hand drive cars, but some manufacturers also swap the stalks over so that the indicators are nearest the glass in all markets. For example my UK model Cadillac had the American "lazy boy" setup. Stick in D, slouch against the door, your index finger pushing the indicator up or down at junctions and your left hand free to grope passengers and consume beverages -- hence the obsession with cupholders :)

upsilon posted:

Has a wonderful 4.2L V8 and an interior unmatched in its class.

If you're a) Dracula and b) have never sat in an Alfa Romeo. Great noise though.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

Isn't it set up so that the turn signals are operated by the hand that isn't doing the shifting in a manual car?

You would have thought this but as I stated in my prior message on most right-hand drive cars the control layout is exactly the same as on left-hand drive cars, meaning for us the wiper stalk is nearest the glass. If you were to say that doesn't make sense I would agree with you, it doesn't. The annoying thing is that a decade or so ago manufacturer's did make the effort to swap-over, meaning you could change gears and signal at the same time. I blame accountants.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Simkin posted:

Those are easily the wierdest goddamn Volvos in recent memory, and the one time I saw one on the street, I did a double take, as I had no bloody clue such a car even existed.

The C30 has the same lopped-off-rear end look to it, though I agree it's not anywhere near as weird. Mother-in-law had two in the late 80s.

Interestingly, according to Wikipedia:
[The Volvo 480] was originally designed for the North American market as can be evidenced by its US-spec front and rear side markers, not used on European automobiles, but in the end was never officially sold there.

I never knew. I always though it actually came from the US, seeing as it looked so out of place here.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

StevoMcQueen posted:

This is glorious, and with the wheel on the right side!

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Gabby_Jay posted:

You seem to have an engine bay FROM THE FUTURE

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

KrazyKosher posted:

She may not look like much kid, but she's got is where it counts.

More pics please :swoon:

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Way2slow posted:

Silver one's saying to the black one, "poo poo ugly motherfucker" - white one clearly hasn't heard that kind of language before

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Rottbott posted:

It's very fast

Actually, and let's be honest here, fast is the one thing it ain't.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Rottbott posted:

0-60 in 5.7 seconds makes it the fastest thing I've driven, but the best thing is the handling.

Apologies - you didn't initially state what the hell it was and I guessed it was a GTA. Which isn't particularly fast.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Your girlfriend doesn't remind you of your sister in any way, does she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Piearesquared posted:

170 HP

Exactly what the GTD produces only with 65mpg and a clattering noise as part of the bargain :v: