Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I don't understand the Mercedes (CL 600?) wheels. I mean why go out of your way to have another manufacturer's wheels on your car? Then again you VW people always confuse me so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Meme posted:

I'm convinced I live in some sort of bizzaro universe where Kia makes the best looking cars.

I was just thinking this the other day. The new Optima is seriously good looking. It made more sense after reading that Audi's former design chief went to Kia a few years back.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

97 E420

2004 E55

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I can't believe how expensive low mileage RS4's are still. Then again, Audi doesn't seem to have released a similar car since then. Same with low mileage E46 M3s. A quick eBay search showed low mileage 2006 E46 M3s selling at about the same price as low mileage 2008 V8 M3s.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Octopus Magic posted:

Sounds like you're in it for pushing excel spreadsheets of whp than driving. Pretty much no one lives less than an hour from a race course, yet somehow we manage.

Best of luck on fixing the fiberglass though, that's a doozy.

Your custom title rings true

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

What, you didn't like getting 12 MPG around town in the E55?!?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Tim-may!!! posted:

2009 Mercedes SL550. Got it about 2 months ago. Not very practical but loving it so far.

Gorgeous. What wheels are those?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I bought a god drat truck. The E55 is parked safely in the garage for winter.

2008 Explorer Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cars are cool you guys should stop making GBS threads up the thread when someone wants to posts pictures of their Lambo.
This is inevitably what happens, next someone is going to ask "what do you do for a living??"

loving automotive financing insanity is more like it jesus you tedious shits.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The stripes rule gently caress the haters

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

So many sorry that bmw makes badass fast striped SUVs instead of shitbox e36s now, maybe you should go change your entire cooling system about it?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I got a truck too. It's large.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

fjelltorsk posted:

but only half a herniasurgery

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

B.Wales! posted:

Made outta thunderstorms and Bruce Lee movies

Nice! I'm up to just over 400 miles on my 15 Silverado and love it so far. I can definitely understand why so many people spend big $$ on full size trucks especially now that the interiors are so nice.

Coming from an E55 AMG I am actually getting better fuel mileage too.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SouthsideSaint posted:

Yes stating facts learned from working on them is cunty. And mind you I never shifted on his love for his new car. Just vettes in general. Nothing wrong with loving a new car.

Haha. You're a dumbass

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Nija posted:

Here is my most recent questionable decision.

It's a 2004 that has 67k miles on it. The color is tektite gray, despite looking black in almost every picture. It was owned by Palo Alto old people its entire life.

I am going to do some upgrades to the cooling system since I live on Venus (CA central valley) but other than that it will remain stock.

Nice ride, it looks super clean which is becoming more and more rare with those cars. It's a hell of a lot of vehicle for the money.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

White with black wheels is the best C7 look imo

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

If you think not mounting a front plate is worth a potential encounter with the police I don't know what to tell you

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

RIP Paul Walker posted:

If you think not having a potential encounter with the police is worth having a front plate I don't know what to tell you.

Haha yeah, I love interacting with people who can literally murder me with impunity because I'm too stupid to zip tie something to my car

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I like the sidepipes, what exhaust is that? 5.0?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Coolnezzz posted:

Can't loving stand the god damned SYNC bullshit, it's seriously the worst part of the car, nothing but problems. If I get a text message and I don't read it, SYNC completely locks up and takes about 5 minutes to reboot. It's unresponsive as hell and the touch screen doesn't register that you've touched it half of the time.

Is this not something the dealer can fix if the car is still under warranty?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

willroc7 posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post without referencing your R. We get it, you have a Golf R.

I enjoy that this is a comment made in the thread called Post your own ride

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

PenisMonkey posted:

So my wife wanted a new car. She had an X6 which I thought was ugly. I didn't think she could find anything uglier. I was wrong.

It's now a 1,000+ hp garage. Still like mine better

But hey, at least hers sounds good!

I think this might be my new favorite AI garage. How's the rear headroom in the GLE? Have you had a drag race between it and the M3?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Those are some big loving tires. Every time I see a newer X5 it blows my mind how wide the rears are even on the non-Ms.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

That's quite a list. Which one was your favorite? Also is that in Danville, VA?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

a nuclear explosion of pussy shrapnel

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Land Cruisers are cool, I shopped those and the Lexus variant when I was trading in my E55. Ended up going with a new Silverado since the residuals on the toyotas are so insane I would have spent much more just to get one 5 years old with 70,000 miles

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

That is a sexy truck

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

That's a sweet truck but man I hate the C-shaped headlights

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

scrubs season six posted:

I like em. The only thing I don't particularly like is how square the bottom corners of the grill are. Which they changed/fixed for the 2017 Raptor and I think are changing for all the 2018s But it's not enough of a deal that I really give a poo poo about it.

The headlights are even more c-shaped though. And even though I like the bottom part of the grill better, I don't particularly like the grill as a whole. I do like how the whole bumper is body colored. Don't like the wheels as much.

Hate the interior. If this is really the only color they offer I'll laugh my rear end off:

Yes, it's blue.

See the 2018s don't bother me nearly as much, they are a lot more streamlined. That blue is weird. IIRC the last gen Limiteds had blue as an option and it didn't look any better

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Withnail posted:

Just picked up this 03 Tahoe with 110k miles from a fire dept. Will be using as a weekend warrior work truck. A/C started working with a recharge cannister.

I'd like to throw some money at it because it was so cheap, but I don't know what. New shocks maybe?

24" spinners and 2 12" subwoofers in the trunk and you can be the coolest kid at my high school in 2004

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Linux Nazi posted:

Traded in the White C7 for a newer grand sport. Took advantage of the "get rid of the 2017s oh god" discounting. Also, because I'm old, my sciatica on my left lower back/upper leg is leaving me unable to walk several times a month, and daily-driving a clutch wasn't doing me any favors. So the new one is an 8-speed paddle shift. First automatic I've owned since I was in my teens, and automatics have no business being this good. Upshifting at throttle, the car makes a nice after-fire pop.

Of course, since I fell in love with a black car, I immediately took it into a reputable local shop and got it all paint-corrected and coated in cquartz finest. We'll see if that helps keep the paint in shape, I've had to completely change how I wash the thing.

Bad rear end car and very good pictures

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

IOwnCalculus posted:

The fact that so few photos of the fourthgen Firebird have the lights up should say something.

god drat I would drive the poo poo out of that

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Traded in my 2015 Silverado 5.3 for a 2017 LTZ z71 with the 6.2L. It sounds much better and is about 1.5 seconds faster to 60

The number of changes between 2 model years continues to surprise me. And yes, I appreciate the irony of a Z71 with 22" wheels

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

angryrobots posted:

Jfc those rubber bands!

Bridgestone Dueler 285/45 R22. Last truck had the standard 17" wheels and the difference in ride quality is noticeable but not terrible

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

wallaka posted:

It upset me when I learned that the Z71 package doesn't require 4WD anymore.

I am not able to configure a 2WD Z71 truck on the Chevrolet website.

Edit: You can get a 2WD Z71 Colorado but the Silverado has to be 4WD.

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jul 17, 2017

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Nerdrock posted:

Congrats on the nice looking truck!

I'll tell you a couple things my salesman didn't tell me , as I have the same truck (2017 LTZ Z71) but with 20" wheels and the 5.3. I upgraded from a 2014 double cab LT all-star edition :

1) the wireless charging mat on the arm rest is aligned poorly. in order to get it to charge my phone i had to remove the mat and put it back in upside-down.
2) the 8 speed transmission is loving stupid. They've gotten a lot of complaints for it in low speed situations. it often guesses wrong on what gear to be in when you're cruising 15-20mph and it causes some more-jarring-than-you'd-expect CLUNKs. This is normal and your transmission isn't hosed. The guys at the dealership said 'hopefully they might have an update to it we can flash'.
3) the voice control is trash, but they now support passthrough to your phone's voice control (siri or google assistant) if you press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel.

Thanks! Haven't messed with the wireless charging since I have an iPhone but good to know.

I have definitely noticed some jankiness in the transmission. When I first got my 2015 it would occasionally shift roughly but seemed to most go away once everything was broken in so I'm hoping that's the case here. One thing that is similar to the 6 speed is that it just does not want to rev unless you stomp on it. I'm not sure how 'smart' the transmission is and if it will learn and improve or just get better as it gets some miles on it (currently at 150). For voice I was just using Siri anyway. One thing improved over the 2015 is I can now play the radio and have audio from my phone navigation going over the sound system where before it had to be switched to the phone input. Makes things a lot more seamless.

Done so far:

Blacked out the front & back gold bowties

I just used some plasti-dip for now but it doesn't look great from up close. The polished black billet aluminum inserts are like $120 for the pair so figured I'd try a $6 spray job first.

Had a shop here put together a custom Magnaflow exhaust using a pair of black tips to match the rest of the truck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENATom7AP-4

My phone doesn't pick up the depth of the sound very well but it's got a nice growl to it without being super obnoxious. It has caused my right foot to be significantly heavier.

Last thing I'll do is probably get some ceramic tint done.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Nerdrock posted:

Keep your Heads up Display on the efficiency gauge and it'll stop that quick.

Here's mine after some particularly rough winter days, earlier this year. 7.2 MPG. Not towing anything, just 4WD and trips back and forth to work :

Edit : Full disclosure, remote start to warm things up inside is probably the reason for this.

My 5.3 was averaging a little under 21 mpg over the last few months (indicated, I didn't calculate to see if the computer was accurate) with mostly highway miles. The best I got over 400 miles was 22.7 driving like a grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

My commute is a 6 minute walk from my bed to sitting in my office

Unless I work from home. Fuel mileage is not currently a big consideration

«2 »