Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Z-tube, JWT Popcharger, Nismo exhaust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

sl0hburn posted:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Color me jealous (running stock). Got it dyno'd?

Not yet. I live in BFE and there is nowhere nearby to get it done.

I'm not really going to do anything else with it performance wise. Just wanted to do a few basic things.

Edit: If I kill you and steal your Brembos, I apologize to your family. That and a 6MT are the two things my car is missing...

Rubiks Pubes fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 15, 2008

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

That body style C-class is pretty much my favorite "attainable" Mercedes.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I'd post my new ride but Habibus pretty much did that already... Stryker Blue 09 Pontiac G8 GT with sport and premium packages.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

_firehawk posted:

It is supposed to, but I looked at the build date and its 6/08 So I am truly doubting it does. I checked the g8 boards, and supposedly there is a new onstar and bluetooth module you can get that will give you real bluetooth support like it was advertised. Hell mine didn't even come with an owners manual so I am having to figure stuff out on my own. But the dealer is supposed to order me one. If you don't mind did yours come with xm radio asctivated? Because my xm isn't turned on and the dealer isn't calling me back.

If you have a cupholder in the rear floorboard (rather than in the passthrough in the back seat) you have a 09.5 which should have Bluetooth. If your rear cupholder is in the passthrough you have an 09 (like me) with no Bluetooth.

I had to call OnStar to activate XM radio while I was sitting at the dealership. Maybe that might be what you could try?

I am interested in getting hold of that reprogrammed Onstar box with Bluetooth included.

Also, I tuned mine with the Superchips Cortex today and holy poo poo is it like a whole different car now. I already had an intake and axle backs and the tune really woke it up.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

_firehawk posted:

My rear seat is setup like this. But I bet if I had a GXP I would have the working bluetooth right?

Not necessarily. There were 09 and 09.5 GXPs I think.

Best bet is to wait for Chris White over on G8board to get the reprogrammed Onstar units with Bluetooth generally available. It's in the works. Not sure what his business model will be - if he will provide the module or if you'll have to find it, etc... but he has been able to get the Bluetooth retrofitted in to the 09s. That's what I am planning on doing with mine.

Mine didn't show Bluetooth on the window sticker so I wasn't expecting it, but as I understand several people were told by the dealerships that their car would have it when in fact it did not.

That to me is justification for not adding features in mid model year. Leads to a lot of dissatisfied customers with the early build models.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

_firehawk posted:

Yeah you pretty much have the G8 I wanted, only I wanted a sunroof too. But I had to settle with what was left. And Honestly, I am pretty happy with the white.

I was a little sad to not have a sunroof since my previous car (03 G35 coupe) had one, but I thought I was fairly lucky to find a car that was 99% of what I wanted in my dinky-rear end hometown that had sat unsold for almost 9 months, so I didn't tempt fate and pass on it.

If Pontiac had cars like this 10 years ago they might still be around.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Nice G35 coupe. Does it have the sport suspension? Hard to tell with aftermarket wheels. If it does it'll have orange stitching on the steering wheel.

I miss mine sometimes...

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

a LOT of G8 guys swap out to the Holden front end but I think that's more in line with the type of people that buy an Acura and swap out to Honda badging. JDM tite yo.

I like the Pontiac front better, but the GT one looks better than the GXP front to me.

We need a G8 megathread :D

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Setanta posted:

My '64 EH Holden - a little bit worse for wear as she has a few cancer spots, but I'm slowly filling the garage with replacement panels and reproduction parts to fix that. Currently running a 202 red motor but soon to receive an original 179 with a later model EFI head and fuel injection or a Nissan RB30.

Easiest car in the world to work on - I love it.

Cool car. I'd love to see some more pictures / info on it.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

Put a Mugen grill on my TSX today, so here's a couple pics. I like what it does to the front end of the car.

A girl I knew had that grill on her car. She ended up taking the Mugen logo off, and it looked pretty good.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

tobu posted:

The short version is that I am an idiot.

The long story is that I lost control on a dirt road trying to avoid a rock that in hindsight would have done a lot less damage than the ditch I ended up in.

I've just ordered all the body new body panels(including a nismo front bar) - and I should hopefully have enough cash left over after the repairs to do some upgrades but I'm not sure what yet.

Didn't you post a Youtube video of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Sir Nigel posted:

Was the 'Splash' edition of the Ranger just cosmetic? Wiki says the splash was just chrome wheels, flare sides and a possibly lowered stance. Was it more? I'm just curious, I've never seen a Splash Ranger or heard of them.

It also had a different front grill and some fruity graphics. I think that's it though.