Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Here's my 99 Infiniti G20 that I have re-badged to a Nissan Primera

And my old rice bucket, a 88 Honda Prelude

savesthedayrocks fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I picked this up a couple weeks ago, and love every mile in it.

It's not for everyone, but hearing that V8 wake up is an amazing sound.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Cage posted:

V8s are for everyone.

ps slick car but I want to see a bigger pic.

Thanks, I didn't know how big to post it.

El Scotch posted:

If they had had cooled seats as an option back then I'd be all over one of those. Theres one in my parking garage I drive by every day, and look at longingly.

I wish they had cooled seats as well, it was one of my "nice to haves" on my list. Apparently because of the sport seats a cooler wouldn't work? BTW, these seats are awesome.

Modus Man posted:

I know it's like $8,000 but now you just need to put Novel headers and exhaust on it. That is a sweet loving car, I've always been a fan. Smoking Tire did a One Take video on one recently and had nothing but glowing praise for it.

just watch out for the pussy shrapnel!

I think there is some sort of exhaust on it already, but I haven't crawled under to look for a brand. It's got a growl to it that I wouldn't believe was stock. The PO had done some modifications so I'm trying to sort which are going to stay (and done right) and which need to be removed. I'm not sure if headers are on the short list of things I am going to do, I'm trying to get used to the power as it is. Coming from a TDI Jetta is a bit of an adjustment already.

Pussy shrapnel already incoming from the better half. She's not a car person, but has told me several times how much she loves it.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
It's an '08. I was ok with the age since it had ~60k on the clock. I came from a black VW, so I at least understand the pain. I'm thinking I'm going to hold off on mods and spend money on detail products.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Glad I'm not the only one that picked my license plate based on the color. $25 a year is well worth not having the red, white, and blue Idaho monstrosity.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
What's your first impressions on those avant garde's? I haven't heard much about the brand but I like several of their styles.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Hey Isf buddy! Love the color!

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I'll trade you :)

Nothing yet on the suspension front. I've toyed with a '11 and newer setup with swift springs, tein coils, and BC coils but I've never committed to anything.

Ride is still better than my lowered Jetta Sportwagen so I'm not in a huge rush.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

book posted:

Recently went to an ISF meetup at Daytona. You never realize how mediocre your stock car looks until you see it next to modded cars lol.

Super jelly. I've run across 2 other IS-F's here, and neither of them wanted to talk to me about their car. They were stock so I don't even know if they understand what they have.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I love mine but haven't been able to throw cash at it yet to make a thread. Prices in Idaho for them are decent, and no salt here.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Every one I've seen here has at most had wheels and coilovers. Raise the coilovers up, throw the stock wheels on and there you go.

I've always wanted to get a clean 90 or 91, and swap an H22 in.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
The cheetah print rug really ties the room together.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Don’t forget the air monarchs.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I’ve had my Continental ExtremeContact for about a week now. I love them compared to the old P zeros I had before. Quiet, smooth ride, and tons of grip. Got mine at Discount Tire.

Snapped some photos today. Can’t wait to get some time off to detail the paint.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

From a couple weeks ago. Still love this drat car.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Gas mileage is expected from a V8. I get about 20 mixed when I’m not driving like a fool. Once you push Sport mode it’s a different beast.

Ride is ok. The 08-10 models have a rougher suspension. It’s not bad for the type of car, it’s just a bit stiff. Getting different tires helped, but I’m thinking about going to coil overs.

I daily mine from April to October, and wouldn’t trade it for anything out on the market right now. 400 hp, Toyota reliability, and great styling (before the predator grill). It can be low key if you want, or turn heads.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Went to a quirky car meet up in the Acty and then grabbed some lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

MetaJew posted:

Wow I haven't seen a Noble in a long time!

Super sick. I can’t remember all the details, but he swapped a k20 (I think?) from a Honda since he was sick of the Taurus motor. I didn’t know what they were until I met him.