Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
My '85 325e :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Arwox posted:

^^^^^^^^
I think thats an m3.

Nope, Alpina

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

porter posted:

In 2008 I had a few interesting vehicles. I usually had no more than 4 at any one time. The SLR was my favorite and I regret having gotten rid of it. Silly emotional decision.

Had lots of track time in the car. I let my girlfriend track it too as I displayed my gay pride helmet.

For most of the year my daily was a Bentley CGT. Good power and fun to drive but a huge pig on gas. Was at the gas station every couple days. The hassle of that alone was irritating. That said, in its defense, I probably have a bit of a heavy foot.

The woman's vehicle:

The R8 was fun. The magnetic suspension was groovy and the handling was razor sharp. Nobody does interiors like Audi and it was nice to have nav and bluetooth and all that other poo poo. A bit underpowered for my taste and a bit feminine style-wise, however a good car all in all.

Also had a Murcielago. Old Diablo chassis showed its age. It creaked, and build quality wasn't great. Power was sluggish down low. Difficult to track properly. The AWD was clumsy and invasive. On the plus side I liked how it looked.

Near the end of the year I got rid of everything and picked up an LP560. Now this is a good vehicle. Lambo finally got its egear system right, and it shifts perfectly around town and on the track. No more bucking in reverse or up hills. Good little car with ample power.

My daily is now a Jeep. Cloth seats, man tran, and I love it. Plus I never have to wash it, so I save a few bucks on detailing now :dance:

Jesus Christ

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Charles L. gently caress posted:

Hier ist MEINE NEUE PORSCHE

:c00lbutt:

Beautiful! Looks like I might be trading my E30 for a 944! :coal:

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

plecostomus posted:

Boring diesel estate.

I would buy that in a loving heartbeat!

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

kimcicle posted:

You start to get used to it after the 3rd or 4th time.

Yep, lost track of how many times I had to have my e30 towed. I have pics somewhere

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

I went from a 2dr Golf to a 4dr Golf and I'm finding the back doors really convenient for the amount of stuff I cram in my car.

We have a 2dr Civic and a 4dr Golf and I don't know if I can go back to having a 2dr unless it's a two seater.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Currently undrivable with power steering broken but posting cause :rip:

What? I drove my E30 without power steering for drat near 7 years before selling it

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Undribvable because I don't want to ruin the pump without fluid??? But if you guys don't think I'm going to be ruining anything driving around with the lines dry, time to party?

Just pop the power steering belt off so you don't ruin the pump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Just picked this up yesterday. I'll be posting a project thread once in get things going, but what I know is it's a 1966 Satellite with a 440 stroked to 512 putting out 696hp/630ft-lbs and a "racing transmission". Right now I'd like to turn it into something for the street but it needs a lot before I feel comfortable trying to start it or anything. When the PO died, he was in the process of tracking down an oil leak, the driveshaft isn't installed, it doesn't have spark plugs, and one of the valve covers is missing some hardware.

This is my first car from before 1985, first carbureted engine, first true project. There's a lot I don't know about the car but I have a couple hundred pages of documentation and receipts to go through to try to figure poo poo out.