Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

2003 Toyota Celica T-sport, all stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Blackdawgg posted:

That is a sharp looking Celica. Did they come from the factory looking like that over there?
Yeah, it's basically the same as any Celica made after 2003, it just has T-sport specific alloy wheels on it (17" instead of 16" on the base model) and a two-tone leather interior.

In 2005 they released a Celica GT in the UK, which is essentially the same as mine but has 18" alloys instead of 17", and a much higher rear spoiler, and side skirts.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Chriskory posted:

Celica All-Trac?
Yeah, that's an ST185 unless the guy's put a new bonnet on it.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Traded my car in at the weekend and now drive this:

Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 (1995/96).
JDM import, 81,500 miles. Virtually stock.

With the turbocharger it pulls so much harder than the Celica GT-S I had before it, a joy to drive. I just imagine my fuel bills are going to skyrocket ;)

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

kimbo305 posted:

The ST205 is awesome, but I think the ST185 and its popups looks way more 90s-modern.
Yeah, I agree. I prefer the backend on the 205 and the frontend on the 185. If only I could have both!

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Most UK models have the indicator/light controls on the left-hand side of the steering wheel, with wiper controls on the right.

Japanese cars tend to reverse this from my experience.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Grashnak posted:

Heres my new car that I bought today.
It's a 1991 Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye which is the homologation version of the ST185 GT-Four. According to wikipedia its one of only 150 that were sold in Australia.
Nice choice, GT-Four buddy. Get thee registered on https://www.gt4oc.net pronto, there's hundreds of members on there knowledgeable about your 185. If I could figure out a way of getting the 185's popup headlights on to my ST205, I'd be a happy bunny ;)

And seconding a set of white OZ Racing wheels. Also get yourself some decent Recaros, if the stock seats in the 205 are anything to go by, the 185 seats suck rear end.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

You Am I posted:

Umm, why? That would look totally poo poo.
I've always preferred the 185s front end to the 205s, although the 205 has grown on me since I've owned one.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

DuckBOT posted:

My new Celica. '00, 100K miles on it. I work at a dealership so I pretty much got the car for what it was bought for. I love it :) Just gotta fix the suspension and she runs perfectly.
If that's the 1ZZ-FE Celica GT (not the GT-S) then keep a careful eye on the oil levels. Check it weekly, without fail. Without fail.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

DuckBOT posted:

It's the 1ZZ GT. I heard about the problems with it guzzling oil and people throwing (cams?) out or something while driving. So far I haven't had any problems with it guzzling a quart or so a week like other people have said, maybe I got a fixed one (or got lucky!)?
When the oil guzzling problem happens it's essentially a "rebuild/replace the short block" job, so that'll show up on your service receipts if you have them.

To stop it occurring, keep an eye on the oil level. Depending on how much you drive it, once a week should be fine. If it starts to get low, top it up and then check it more frequently for a while. Basically, if you leave it on low oil the cams start to gently caress up and then it starts guzzling oil like nobody's business. My old 1ZZ Celica would get through max-to-min on the dipstick in 400 miles when I got shut of it.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Easily the best photo I've taken of my car.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

nattrass posted:

Just needs the high rise wrc spoiler to complete it.
(maybe some castrol graphics too)
Both on the cards :coal:

I've got some carbon-fibre riser blocks coming at the start of June, and then I just need to get myself a pre-facelift tailgate and spoiler.

Castrol graphics will be going on once I've got a decent quote for the work.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

nattrass posted:

1995 Celica GT-Four jap import. 300bhp, volk te37's. Goes pretty well, wank tyres though (avon zz1, NEVER buy these tyres). Original skirts, TRD front and rear spats.

Nice. Easily the nicest wheels for the ST205 :)

Have you joined the GT4OC yet? If not, get on it - https://www.gt4oc.net

//edit: Here's mine, cross-posted from the "What did you do to your ride today" thread?

Got some OZ Superturismos in 17" to go on yet, when I can find a jack low enough to get under the thing.

Here's a pic of it when I first got it back in January 2009 :)

GazChap fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 19, 2012

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Bought this E38 a couple of weeks ago for a bargain price. Drives beautifully, as you'd expect, and nothing wrong with it apart from a few pixels missing on the on-board computer.

Only problem is, I've already misjudged the length of the car and turned too early into a tight driveway, and scraped the nearside-rear arch on a brick wall :( Not too cut up about it given the price I paid, but it's annoying me.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
My pride and joy, probably posted in this thread before:

My "new" run-around. Makes the GT-Four feel like a Nissan Micra by comparison:

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Needs a bath and some proper photo gear, but for now...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Have loved the 928 ever since Chase HQ on the Spectrum!

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

drgitlin posted:

Lovely! Do you get grief because of the numbers on the Celica?
Nah. There's no law against it, despite what people think (for some reason.)

If I had an MSA licence I might get a bit of jip from them, but I couldn't care less ;)

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
So, a while ago I had a Castrol rally kit fitted to my Celica GT-Four:

The last bit of the puzzle as far as cosmetic changes to the car was to sort out the frankly awful interior, full of tired fabric and various things that had seen better days. That was done this weekend:

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It looks gorgeous, finally has an interior to match the exterior. What kind of reaction do you get from people on the street?
It turns heads, that's for sure.

It tends to get most reaction from kids, weirdly. I don't think they realise the significance of the Castrol livery, or know anything about the WRC or the Celica's heritage though, I suspect they just see "race car" and like it.

Quite a few thumbs up from the older guys though, 30+ say. I've had a few people ask me about it, and a couple who've asked for advice on fixing their car issues, as "you look like you know about cars" (when ironically I know almost jack)

A lot of people probably think I'm a barry-boy (or ricer, in US lingo I believe) but I don't care about that - the car finally looks how I want it to inside and out, so I'm happy now ;)

And no, won't be putting a cage in it - I used to track it every so often but it's not really any fun, the AWD just doesn't let go. I've got my M5 for that stuff nowadays!

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Well, I meant more the ST185 and Carlos Sainz, really ;)

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

E61 M5 Touring, 2007.
53,000 miles.
Just had an Eisenmann race exhaust put on it.

I loving love it. Had an E60 M5 about a year ago that was similarly good fun, but that kept going wrong. Touch wood, no problems at all so far on this one.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

thealphabetsez posted:

Good lord almighty! Is that the factory exhaust? 6MT?
No, that's the Eisenmann exhaust. It's the SMG-III 7 speed auto.

Here's the album of pics from the dealer I bought it from in June.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

djfooboo posted:

I don't "get" red leather. Am I alone?
It's actually quite a subdued red, I wasn't sold on it based on those pictures as the lighting makes it look really bright and in your face.

It goes really nicely with the black though, although I'm biased of course ;)

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

bald and fail II posted:

I have these exact seats in my mr2, they came as a rare factory option. Although mine came from a supra and are mounted on bride rails.

I used to have a set of evo4 ones in my old car but they were way too wide and didnt suit the interior at all.

I still have one of them knocking about somewhere.

I've got a set of those seats in my other car, although they don't look like that any more...

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Thought I'd do a video of the Eisenmann exhaust on my car.

Oddly, it doesn't sound as loud in the video as it does in person - guess the GoPro must have been mounted at a bad angle for the microphone or something.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Some moody ones...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

AF posted:

I didn't know the M5 came in wagon form. Man, that and the ST205 in rally livery...I like the cut of your jib. A lot. :)
Ta :)

They didn't make many of the E61 M5s, especially in right hand drive - there were only ever 222 RHD tourings made, so I imagine they're even fewer now as they get written off etc. :)