Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Here's mine!

Only cleared one plate. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Hatebreed posted:

RIT? I might have pictures of you autocrossing :D

Most certainly is. And if you took pictures last season, I think I only missed one RIT event.

My uncle drives the blue MINI S, my cousin's the big ginger kid from the timing truck with the crappy Neon.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

ssjonizuka posted:

I'm actually running 1024x768. Currently the only machines I have at home are laptops that are at best over 3 years old. Granted, I have a brand new iMac on the way but have pitty for us poor folk, we do exist.

It would make sense to phase out this rule, just like the 56k warnings. Sure, people exist who need them, but it's getting to be a vast minority and at some point it's not worth considering when you can have bigger pictures. But, enough of this poo poo.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I went out and washed my car, then decided to take some pictures with the new wheels on, it was such a nice day! So here we are.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

EvilCrayon posted:

And one photo as promised.

That's a very nice Z.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

That's a Dodge, isn't it? I was thinking Omni, but the headlights are all sorts of wrong.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

DropShadow posted:

1984-ish Dodge Daytona

At least I got the brand right. I kept wanting to see an Omni Shelby GLH, but, you know.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Rhyno posted:

The Celica

Really nice looking car.

How often do you get "Nice Camaro/Mustang!" while driving that around? :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Picked up a new-to-me Miata a couple of weeks ago, and am loving every minute of it. Took it to its first autocross yesterday, and had to adapt my driving style that worked in the Mini Cooper S - spun it twice, and locked up the brakes twice, sliding past gates. (Still did Top 10 PAX on one of my other two runs, though.)

Running Ground Control coilovers, Flying Miata swaybars, Koni Yellows, and 116 17-year old rampaging Japanese stallions.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Hammer Floyd posted:

Picked it up yesterday. Brand new Subaru Impreza. When I picked it up yesterday at 4PM it had 16 kilometers on it. Today at 10PM it has 275 :)

I got the sport body kit (obviously) and leather interior. I just cant get over how well it handles.

Nice buy! If you have the occasion, and are at all interested, you could look at a beefier rear swaybar, the Imprezas understeer a bit at the limits, and it will handle much more neutrally with the back end tightened up.

Enjoy!

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Sockington posted:

:confused: Some guy really did this (miata under truck)

Yeah, not sure what his point is. I am drat close to being low enough to slip in underneath a semi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

JackRabbitStorm posted:

This has been sitting behind my parents garage now for 10 years. It belong(ed) to my estranged uncle who has been told to pick it up repeatedly and refuses to come and get it, so it appears it will be handed down to me. It doesn't have a title, but being as it was imported, I dont know how to go about getting one. I'm also sure this car will suck my soul faster then my wallet, but I am weighing the options on trying to rebuild it. Its probably a lost cause though :smith:

That looks like a loving nightmare. But hey, if you're motivated and stick to it, look to what Mooecow has done with a loving nightmare of a 1953 Chevy Pickup. Yours has the advantage of being smaller, I guess! :v:

And, since all the electronics and everything are going to be completely rotted out anyway, you can do something cool/commit sacrilege and do something like a D16/B18/K20 Honda engine, Hayabusa engine, or one of the other interesting classic Mini engine swaps that will manage to increase your reliability.