Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Count Freebasie posted:

I've always wanted one of these, and I just pulled the trigger on it.

Man, this rules.

Another black Mustang

and the FJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Tommychu posted:

Took a 400km trip through the mountains for a forum (not this one) meet last weekend, took... one picture.
In my defense, I was doing it Roadkill-style so I was far too busy babysitting a completely untested vehicle with a bunch of problems to take pictures of all the pretty, scenic poo poo I was driving through.

What is that? It's awesome!

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

I plastidipped my WRX today.

Before

During

After (Still need to do some touch up work)

Is it gloss white? I've always wanted to see gloss plastidip in person, but pretty much everything around here is lifted toyota tundras dipped matte monster green :/

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

fralbjabar posted:

Bought my first ever new car a few weeks ago. So damned excited about it still.

Day I bought it at the dealer:

And now, filthy with snow tires:

Hooray New England winters.

2015 WRX base, no options except the sti short shifter and I still had to wait three months for it after ordering.

Weather forecast is saying it may actually be above freezing this weekend, might wash it and take it out somewhere nice looking to get some better pictures. I really like how the winter wheels ended up looking on it, went with them over something that looked closer to the stock wheels on a last minute whim when I bought them on tire rack.

Hah! I have the same car, same color. Are those sparco assetto garas?

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

After five months of ownership, I finally took some decent pictures of it.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

doogle posted:

I put some new wheels on my daily and actually washed it!

More pictures PLEASE!

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

MrYenko posted:

Why the hell is it still wearing the loving dealer plate surround?

Because it says CATSEX on it.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

The floating black square package.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Cross-posting from the 4x4 thread

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Incapable of burnouts, sorry.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

I've always been curious if they are such a pain to fix that people just don't bother?

The rear upper shock mounts are annoying but besides that its fine v:shobon:v

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Hey cool landcruisers. Here's mine *ahem* Prado chasis *ahem*

Then this happened whoooops

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

SaNChEzZ posted:

And old cars just for the heck of it.

You already got rid of the ('15) wrx?

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

sk8bored posted:

Traded in my FJ cruiser for something fun again

I went the wrx route so I could keep both.

Pulled the skid plates this weekend to make room for swapping in a locked front diff :homebrew:

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I love the graphics on the FJ! More pics please!

A few from Big Bend a couple of weeks ago

rest of series
https://goo.gl/photos/QE7b4goLNctjoh5d7

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I have always had a thing for the new FJs and I'm loving hard right now. Was that a custom paintjob/vinyl? My old Jeep's paint is largely done which is fine because it's just for thrashing offroad, but I am always backburnering ideas for fun 80's retro resprays I can do myself.

I just bought some rolls of 3M 1080 vinyl from Amazon and did it myself. It was my first time doing vinyl so I made a lot of mistakes, but it looks okay from a distance. I suggest coming up with a simple design and trying it yourself. Probably you'll get comfortable enough to try more complicated designs and then your jeep becomes a canvas and you can switch out the vinyl whenever you get bored.

There's a lot more work to do to complete the Ivan Stewart look on my but :effort:

I'll write a build thread later on this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Hell yes, this is gorgeous!