Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’ve only had it for less than a day and I already love this car. 2017 G80s are coming off lease and had some hilarious depreciation, they’re a pretty good value right now. It’s no sports car but it gets moving pretty well and will lay down some rubber in the corner if you want it to.

The welcome/puddle lights were a nice surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The new lighting I added in the garage helps a lot with visibility. Really happy with this car, the weight distribution is fantastic.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It uh, snowed while I was on my run. Thank you snow mode tcs, it wasn’t completely terrifying driving a 420 HP rwd in the snow for the first time.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Oh I was, just nothing stupid. It’s a big heavy car though, so I’d rather err on the safe side until I really know what the limits are like. A set of snow tires and wheels will happen eventually, just not right now.

Definitely a straight line punch it car because of the weight, but it makes me smile every time I drive it. The 94% of the time I’m not burning gas at 6mpg? It’s a smooth, comfortable ride with all the safety and comfort features you would expect. I joke with people that with radar cruise controls and lane keep assist, it’s drunk driving mode.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 26, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hit 60k, maintenance is already scheduled in a couple of weeks. It’s my first properly fast car and I’m gonna take extra special care of it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I may have done something stupid, but it sure is fun right now.

It's a 2013 3.8 R-Spec

That’s pretty much the same sentiment I had when my 2015 genesis 5.0 arrived and I realized that it has wider rears than the front. Don’t care about the MPG, it makes me smile every time.

I like the red seats, and I bet that’s a whole lot of fun.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Washed, quick waxed, wiped down all the door sill/frame areas, scrubbed the weather tech mats, vacuumed, and cleaned all the glass on the inside. I’ll do the leather wipe down and remaining interior surface cleaning tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
parking outside because of the ABS recall. At least my driveway camera covers it perfectly and I had a car wash yesterday.