Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I talk too much about the drat thing as is so here's a shot of my ugly mug Top Gear style.

edit: couldn't resist

1990, 80k miles. The only things I've done are 15x8 949Racing wheels, 225/45 Hankook RS2's along with a Garage Vary front lip.

destructo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

That's me on the left. Note 30 horsepower cold air intake. Only mod so far, but plans are in the works for headers (with side pipes!), new bumpstick, and a light shot of dat noss, maybe 50-75hp. Also springing for some rimz and a drop, along with some cosmetic changes.

fukkin tyte yo

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

so I'm going to get the wheels powdercoated and install some new centercaps from eBay. That, plus a nice cleaning / reinstallation of the trim rings, should help out a lot for relatively little money spent.
Are you worried about losing any structural integrity? I'd just paint em myself for the time being until I could afford something else, rattlecan paintjobs on wheels usually turn out reasonable.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

RealKyleH posted:

What Porsche is that?
997 GT3

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Spamtron7000 posted:

I will trade you.
I'd be curious to hear what you're willing to trade me for a car I don't have :pcgaming:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Hypnolobster posted:

Please, fill the gap with tire, and not with lowering. :(
You want him to run a bigger overall diameter? :wtf:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

BmwM3AF posted:

AI should know a bit bout rims

BmwM3AF posted:

BmwM3AF posted:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
/\/\/\/\/\
Congrats red Mazda buddy!

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Ein Windir posted:

My WIP 1953 4dr Pontiac Chieftain

It's going to be along WIP.
You need to post a project thread :buddy:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
And just to note, a buddy of mine got his K04s in and it pulls like a motherfucker, hasn't been tuned yet but I think the estimate now is about ~420-450 at the crank.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

BmwM3AF posted:

Hey what wheels are those?

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

sybir posted:

Love the wheels, is it actually a STi?

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
get that mousetrap outta there!

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

lathode posted:

I just got some new wheels for my whip today.

tite whip bro

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

King-Kong posted:

I did strongly consider grabbing the TTS, but sadly I was talked back from the ledge by my own words of "not needing that kind of performance" (I think I hear the AI pitchforks off in the distance). The TTS will actually take a 335i down with ease. This Road & Track article is what put it on the map for me. In fact it was only a few seconds off the e92 M3 at C&D's VIR Lightning Lap
Why the gently caress do these tests never use the same tires on every car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

King-Kong posted:

Right... could end up being a slippery slope. I think the best idea is to keep the cars completely stock and let them battle it out.

In the R&T test, the 135i had softer rubber :raise:
If you're just going by the treadwear rating you could very well be incorrect.

kimbo305 posted:

It's always the stock tires that ship with the car, right? It makes sense to some degree, that if you make a performance car, you're picking a tire to go along with it, and the car can be reviewed as such.
The only reason I can think of that makes this difficult is the variety in tire size/rim width that might make finding one tire to fit all the models tested. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I'd much rather see the differences in the cars, not some arbitrary wear item.

destructo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2010