Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Previa_fun posted:

Is it normal for the skyactiv transmission torque converter to not feel locked up when the car is cold? Once it's up to operating temp its fine but it feels more slushy when cold.

I've noticed this too. The transmission on my newish '19 definitely slips a lot more than I expected it to, and I mostly notice it when the car's cold. It's the biggest issue I've experienced in my 4 months with the car

#2 is radar cruise deactivating randomly in the rain, and #3 is the mediocre fuel economy

These are all nitpicks though; on the whole it has been great for my 90 mile roundtrip commute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Wow! Rode around in a family friend's 929 in Tokyo many years ago and it remains one of my automotive high water marks. Here's hoping they recapture the spirit of that car :flashfap:

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Fabulousity posted:

My 2014 has thrown false tire warnings at least twice. Like Wibla said because the ABS sensors are used to tell if a tire is out of whack the warning can be set off if there's enough of a pressure differential which can be caused by things other than a tire actually being low. It's fun when it happens on the freeway and you get to play the "Is that sound and/or steering pull the lovely pavement or am I currently grinding up a sidewall and am seconds away from potentially losing control?" game.

Did the 4th gen move to actual in tire sensors?

No idea but my 2019 has done false low pressure warnings twice in 8 months of ownership. Oh well

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Are there any good power mods for the 2.5? I thought I'd get used to the engine but it turns out I've been spoiled by modern turbo 4s. I'd be happy with another 20-30hp

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Argh oh well

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

MA-Horus posted:

Or just get the 2021 Mazda3 with turbo and AWD.

Yeah but I needed a commuter last Sep and couldn't wait (le sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

SkyeAuroline posted:

Sold me a "Value" filter at full OEM price & wouldn't hand it over for me to check till I already paid and signed off. Christ I hate this dealership. Second time they've ripped me off. Guess this is the one going in spare storage then.
e: and there was damage hidden under the label too, Jesus
Do a credit card chargeback. That will get their attention