Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

AC broken? Buy a miata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

The buying thread convinced me to look at 3s and I really liked them. I drove my old car for 15 years, so I'm considering buying a 2020 3 Premium, and planning on driving it until it, too, can't pass inspection. However, I'm also looking at this 2017 Grand Touring. I know people are more annoyed by the old HUD, the 2017 is allegedly louder and bumpier, and I'm missing out on the "knowing everything that's been done to it" of a new car, but it's also $10K cheaper.

You're the people who'd know, so, if I can afford the 2020, how much benefit is there to saving money and going with the used 2017?

Drive both and see if it makes a difference, but they did a ton of ergonomic improvements for the new car. If you plan to keep it forever, I'd buy new, plus you get a warranty for a few years.

If you really want to get a granular on the car and all the engineering know how, Savagegeese's review is unbeatable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQDqwecojc

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Turbo only on AWD so no manual. Womp womp.