Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

In war, you kill people in order to change their minds. Remember that; it's fuckin' important.
There's a bunch of MS3 and MS6 owners here and we aren't being chummy enough. I'm sick of all those Legacy GT- and WRX-owning faggots waving their camaraderie in our faces. Everybody start talking about how much you love your DISI MZR here right now, goddammit.

I'll start us off:

Santa (me) got my MS6 (me) something totally awesome for Christmas. What on Earth could it be?

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Oh my, this is totally sweet.

:rock:

That's right, motherfuckers. There can be no mistaking the fearsome visage of Our Lord AccessPORT. Currently running "Stage1+SF 93 v101t" from mzdspd.com and while I can't say it feels holyshit faster, it does pull hard all the way to redline now. Allegedly I've dialed in a gain of 60lb/ft which should put peak torque at something like 340, but I don't think I'll believe that until I see a graph sometime later.

Next up are the new Denso plugs Cobb recommends and an Saikou Michi catch can, since Internet says I have to.

After that, it's tires, and I want to talk about that too: It seems I've chewed through my RE050As in something like 12,000 miles. It's time for new tires and I'm looking for recommendations. Should I stick with the same tires, or are there grippier/quieter/longer-lived/cheaper/whatever tires out there that would work better for me? I'm thinking I want to move to 225/45 from the current 215/45s. Is there a significant benefit to this? I know at least it'll put the speedometer correct.

Okay, now everyone else speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

In war, you kill people in order to change their minds. Remember that; it's fuckin' important.
I suspected it was an OLED screen because if the weird glittering it does. I haven't done more with it than save my stock map and upload the v101 map so I should be okay for now, but thanks for the heads-up.

Is it a Cobb thing to make the OTS maps a lot "smoother" than the stock tunes? I'm noticing that it doesn't seem as gruff, which is making it hard to compare the before and after with an instrument as imprecise as my rear end.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

DreamOn13 posted:

It makes shifting feel 100x better, but sucks vibration wise. I bought it because it was supposed to keep the engine/trans more planted but not give off vibes too bad.
Yeah, I thought that was intended to keep the vibration down to stock-like levels. Does the rubber have some kind of break-in period that you have to sit through?

I always hear MS3 owners talk about the lovely shifting and how engine/transmission mounts help, but is it really that different from the MS6? In my fairly narrow view the MS6 shifts very gracefully.

quote:

Plans include a Mazdaspeed CAI and probably some other minor mods like tint and such.
I was under the impression the Mazdaspeed CAI was discontinued. If I were you I'd check out cp-e's parts. I have the Cobb SF myself, but those seem to be snapping bits off MS3s.

FlyingPotato posted:

How is the Accessport to use? Is it similar to a full blown laptop EMS system, or is it more like an OBD2 scanner that requires you to push the same button 50 times to do anything?
I quite like it. It's got a sort of music player-like interface. To do what I did and merely save the stock tune and upload a new one from the internet, it's basically like the second thing, but it has/will have some very trick companion software that allows the user to do pretty much anything.

Syd posted:

RE050As are terrible and as good as/slightly worse than new allseason tires. Going to 225/40 isn't a bad idea but seemingly at the absolute limit of what you can put on a 7" wheel.
I didn't realize the Potenzas were so outclassed. I've never had a problem with them, except that they're a little bit loud. As for tires, my summer wheels are 7.5, so 225s are go.

quote:

lighter, better and cheaper tire with similar treadlife (although its not available in 215/45, only 225/40)
At 177 apiece these are a lot cheaper than the stockers. Are there any other tires in this range I should consider?

quote:

The engine has pretty severe fuel dilution issues as well but it seems all direct injected engines, especially side injections, suffer from it. Meaning oil has to be changed often, every 3k isn't a bad idea it seems.
I've been doing it every 5,000, and the manual says 7,500 works if the miles are mostly long highway trips. Every 3k is verging on annoying, to me. How serious is this problem? I never really see anyone talk about it except in offhand remarks.

I've been having huge internet troubles for the last four or five months so I suck at replies.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Does a DP work well without a tune? I know the MS6 is finnicky.

I think Grip Garage is still selling the AP for 590ish until January. That'd be what I'd get first if I knew I was still getting the DP and such later on.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

I really like my Cobb intake. I can't say that I felt any added power with my rear end, but you can just tell you're doing a good thing when you see the diabolical contraption you pull out to make room.

trouser chili posted:

So is there anything at all I can do to make my Mazda 5 faster? Because you know I have to get the kids to soccer practice faster.
RPM says you can buy a horrible K&N tube for a lot of money. It wouldn't surprise me if something like the Cobb SF fits your car's rubber bits, but you'd have to make your own mounting bracket. Then you'd have the wooshiest Mazda5 around.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

^^What he said.

cp-e has nuked the fuel cut algorithm entirely and Cobb has shoved the triggers way back in their OTS maps.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

If I shorten the gap on the stock plugs and run the Stage 1 map for a bit, is it going to blow my engine up? I can't get the Densos anywhere locally, and I'd like to try out the AP this week.
I didn't even bother. I'm running a Stage 1+SF map with the stock plugs in while I wait for the Denso plugs to arrive and it's fine. It stutters a little bit but nothing else.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

essequamvideri posted:

Has no one considered the cp-e StandBack?
The StandBack seems to be used mostly by guys building dyno queens who want big horsepower and don't mind exploding engines. The AP is a far better solution for a more casual application with the availability of free OTS maps. Also the AP is cheaper, ultimately, than the SB and the FC flash and the PnP majigger and whatever else is necessary.

quote:

Its an eternal debate over at various Mazda boards on the web so I am wondering what the general idea is on these forums.
There are huge faggots driving that "debate" out there at mazda6club and mazdaspeedforums.org and I hate them. Around here there will be no militancy, although I do prefer the AP because I think it suits me.

quote:

(I own a Mazda3)
And don't you work for cp-e, too?

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

The AP says 35mpg at 60 and ~30 at 65-70 but I don't buy it. I haven't gone through a whole tank of normal driving since I uploaded the new map, but stock I struggled to hit 25 freeway.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Kynetx posted:

I'm still using the stock tuning, and I don't think it's enough of a modification to require a custom map, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did benefit from one.
Youre right; Cobb's latest OTS maps kill the cold weather cut, and cp-e removed the ECU's ability to do it at all.

quote:

I know that Mazda recommends a blend (which is why I went with it) but I haven't read anyone complaining about problems with straight synthetic.
I've heard Mazda is recommending all dino now, instead of the blend.

Frosty- fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 6, 2009

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

loving iPhone makes typing posts a game I can't win. But yeah, that's how I understood it. I think along with that they want to change the service interval to 3000. I may have read that wrong or been given false information, but it sounds plausible to me.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

I used the AP to make a lovely datalog because I'm a little curious about some of the things it's been telling me:

Click here for the full 812x637 image.

Should I really be seeing 19.9PSI? I'm running the Stage 1+SF 93 map which has a peak boost target of 17.5 +/- 1.5, making 19.0 the outside of normal. How much pressure can the car sense before it all starts looking the same? It seems to bounce off 19.9 a lot so it either halts there or the car just doesn't know what the hell is going on past that.

The LTFT is a little far from the desired +/- 8 for my taste, too.

Should I back up off this map and just drop down to Stage 1 or back to stock for now, or does none of this look too bad? I kind of suck at logging and still trying to get a feel for what's acceptable with this car, so I'm hoping someone else knows more.

I've noticed that it still has rather inconsistent power delivery. Sometimes it's right there pulling like a rocket, and others there's nothing going on. It also stutters a little, but I'm hoping the new plugs will fix that.

Frosty- fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 8, 2009

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

I have a couple other logs that are garbage. I was just seeing if it recorded at all when I generated those. I do recall that the boost peaks over 18PSI only occasionally, and also that the KR stays locked at 0 most of the time, so I'm guessing those two go together.

I'll make a few more. I'm still getting the hang of producing charts as well.

For some reason I think the stock sensor is a wideband. Does that sound right? I feel like I remember it coming up on Cobb's forum or another one.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

My suspicion is that the car is paranoid and pulls timing without knock. It is baseless.

My computer died so while it's being repaired I won't be able to do anything with my logs. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

The new Denso plugs made a huge and immediate difference. Everyone should use them, even on completely stock cars. The funky little stutter is gone. Swapping them in was illustrative, too. I very quickly determined exactly what tools I desperately need (work light, oh my god.)

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Yep, and it's great fun, too. Be sure to be careful when you're messing with the intercooler because it is possible to gently caress up. I hosed up twice:

-The TMIC is mounted through these three little bushing-like things that normally hold together. One of mine came apart and I lost the inner metal ring, and now I have no clue where it is.

-I actually managed to cross-thread and then destroy one of the bolts holding the plastic cover over the IC. My thought process at the time would blow your mind. "Hmmm, this feels like it's hosed up. Maybe if I just turn it some more..."

Also, the socket liked the plug a lot more than the extension, so I got to dig that out a couple times.

Ultimately, though, the plugs have made an immediately evident improvement in how the car feels.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Nah, I just yanked the thing out of it's hoses. Pop it back and tighten the clamps and that's that.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

I think they've said everything will be okay even without the bracket, but their lack of movement on this is mind-blowing. Corksport and cp-e have alternatives, though.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

It depends on your car. Supposedly Mazdaspeed6s don't suffer the problem, and I got a really haughty answer when I asked the question at mazda6club, as if only a moron would wonder.

As for the Mazdaspeed3 guys, I'd say just ditch the bracket and whine at Cobb about finding a new way to secure it soon. Evidently, the engine moves like 6 inches under hard acceleration and no amount of tape or rubber of anything will keep the bracket from snapping bits off the car.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Sublime Process posted:

And since the bracket has the tendency to break, that's what makes me nervous.
That's the awful part: It doesn't break the bracket. Instead, it goes ahead and breaks whatever piece of your car they have you attach it to (I don't really know since I have the other car.)

One solution would be to release an airbox that fits into the stock location but doesn't constrict the flow. That would also help keep some small amount of grime and poo poo from spraying all over the engine bay, which would make me happy. This should be really easy to do, but neither Cobb nor cp-e has done more than say "Oh yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea that maybe we'll do someday or not."

Unrelated to Cobb's SF Intake snapping poo poo into pieces, but related to our cars: I need to replace one of the bushings that attach the TMIC to the engine. It's the front passenger-side one if anyone cares, but I'm almost certain all three are identical. Like I said earlier, I lost the little metal center bit, and I haven't been able to find it in my garage, so I guess it's gone forever. Where would I buy something like that?

Also: the bolt I broke by being a doofus. It's one of the two that hold the plastic cover onto the intercooler. I twisted the head right off, and didn't leave enough to get ahold of with vise grips, so I guess I need to back it out using some kind of drill bit I don't have. Questions: Can I buy an accessory that'll work with my Dremel that'll allow me to do that, or should I go get a real power drill? I'm guessing I'll need to fix the threads that I hosed up, so how am I going to go about that?

January funtime: Cobb's silicone turbo inlet pipe is supposed to be available for purchase this month. Personally, I'd rather they release the effing bypass valve already, or the airbox, or a downpipe or shifter or catback for the MS6, but I'll take a blue tube, I guess. They're not stating a price yet, which makes sense, but I'd expect somewhere between 85 and 105 dolla.

Apple half-fixed my computer, so now that I have it back I'll post up some logs with more information later.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Which map were you using, specifically? There are revisions that are supposed to make a big difference.

Cobb's inlet pipe is available now. 165, a little more than I expected.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

The only thing I can think to try is to grab the latest version of the appropriate map from http://www.mzdspd.com/ and see if that fixes you up.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Before you go sell the Nano you could maybe check at Cobb's website and ask on the forums. I think quite a few people have received one-on-one help and even specifically tailored maps when then standard OTS dealies didn't seem to be working for them.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

I know this is horribly lazy of me but I'm going to do it just to keep this from falling completely off the face of the earth:

Here are some logs from weeks ago that don't really have all the right information in them, but have a look if you want. I'm not terribly good at graphing them since I don't know how to make things like RPM with values in the thousands line up with things like AFR without making it look like flat zero in comparison.

One
Two
Three
Four

They're all from first through fourth I think. I'm not actually sure if the gear it's in makes any real difference. I recently learned that most of the guys do it all in third from a roll so I guess maybe tonight I'll hit 95 and go be reckless in short bursts to get some less-lovely logs.

I also heard a rumor that there may be an MS6 downpipe about to drop from Cobb, which would be the motherfucking poo poo, so keep an eye out this month if you own a Mazdaspeed6 and want to move to "Stage 2." I don't have my hopes too high but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Not yet, but I believe we were next in line after the GTR and as they've basically halted hard-parts development I have to assume it'll be soon, since it's gotta be their primary focus right now as a company.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

I'm thinking of upgrading my Mazda 3 to a Mazdaspeed6 (bigger back seat, more power, AWD is nice). Any known problems or issues with the 2006 model year?
The clutch is really funky and will piss you off until you become immune to it.

Some 06 cars have had minor issues with the high-pressure fuel pump, VTCS, possibly some other mechanical stuff. Some have a power-loss issue for which there is a reflash that may or may not fix it.

Overall, no; the cars are fine.

There is very little aftermarket support being that they number something around ten thousand for both years together. cp-e is a pro operation and they have an aggressive stance toward the MS6, and Cobb has provided some items as well. Corksport also offers a lot, and the rest is forgettable. The MS6 is no STI or Evo when it comes to aftermarket.

I really like mine a lot, riceboy faggots seem to find the ownership experience more than a little frustrating. So there that is.

I recommend it - great car.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

iPhone makes me double-post...

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Accessport for MS6? I'd rather sell it and just buy a downpipe or something. The lack of support for the 6 is bothering me. I guess if I wanted to mod I should have bought an MS3.

So seriously, I'll make a good deal for a goon if you want it. PM me or hit me up at darkan at gmail dot com
Well poo poo, I'd buy it for sure if I didn't already have one. Stage 1+SF 93 v101u is serving me well with pull all the way to redline. I went back to stock briefly and it's just not even remotely similar. I feel bad that it's not working out for you; we all waited so long for it.

Bought Cobb's MS3 inlet pipe since it's identical to the inevitable MS6 pipe. I wonder if it'll get stupid-loud now.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

The earliest MS6 APs were just MS3 units guys on Mazda forums bought and reflashed to work on their cars. The AP itself is identical for either car, so either the latest firmware is a for-both dealie, or one should be able to flash it to work on the other car with a fair amount of ease. I think.

Definitely try Stage 1+SF 93 v101u, it seems great to me, although I've never run Stage 1 basic with my SF intake on I went right from stock to Stage 1+SF, so I can't compare like you can. With v101u the power delivery seems much smoother and less jerky and random than v101t. I don't know what the real differences are. I may just be superstitious, but thats what I've noticed.

I know I definitely am hanging on to the AP for when I get a downpipe, though, because with that kind of mod the car really will need at least an OTS tune.

Frosty- fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 19, 2009

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

It should be undetectable. There's no way of tallying the number of reflashes, and I'm under the impression that the stock map copied when you marry the AP to the car carries it's original timestamp, so it should appear like nothing was ever altered, and I'm not even sure a dealership has the wherewithal to examine the code on the ECU anway, and an accurate timestamp isn't really an indicator of anything at any rate, so... we should be A-OK.

Paging essequamvideri: How come cp-e's MS6 downpipe lacks the cast bellmouth of the MS3 part? I figured you might know or be able to find out.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Captain Cannabis posted:

Its done this 3 times so far, and each time the light turns off after 50 miles of driving like Mazda said. Anyone heard of this problem?
I hadn't heard of it as a problem that MS6s typically exhibit, no. Does it have any kind of pattern, like only showing up after you make a fuel stop and then not again until the next time?

I know cars will throw CELs based on gas caps not being secured or whatever, so I assume it can just as easily get the wrong idea and pop a light on your dash for no reason. In such cases I assume the solution is to either ignore the light or replace whatever gizmo is causing the false alarm.

My Cobb inlet pipe arrived the other day. Apparently, FedEx had tried to deliver it a couple times before and someone had just gone and taken the sticker off the door, instead of signing it or telling me about it. It's still much sooner than I expected, since Grip Garage told me it'd be into March.

Why, hello there :buddy:

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

The install would have been simple and gone smoothly except for a couple of small details. First of all, the stock plastic part is attached to some cables via a plastic clip that is exceedingly easy to remove, except nobody explains how. My solution was to become increasingly angry until I simply broke the thing. Now I know how it works, anyway. (It's a squeezy plastic thing you simply have to compress in the correct direction and it slides right out.)

There is also some kind of metal bracket that appears to serve no real purpose except to get in the way. I was unable to determine how to unfasten it from the same cables because the mechanism for attachment was different from the first, so I just left it alone.

Eventually, through some shoving and twisting the blue thing was made to attach to the spinny thing and I put everything back together.

The bypass valve has been quieted a lot by the new inlet, which I guess others have observed. Some folks have claimed that their long-term fuel trims got weirded up by the pipe, but I really doubt that, and I'm sure when I finally bother to check with my AP everything will be the same as always.

I didn't bother to take a picture of the finished installation because it was darkish and the phone wouldn't have worked well, and also you can't really see it anyway.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

warwick5s posted:

I really just don't know about the styling of this thing. The wheels are sexy as hell, though. I love the little rotor shapes just like the RX8 R3 has. They might even be the same wheels I guess, just a different color. If I didn't already have expensive wheels that probably weigh less than half of what those do, I'd want to get ahold of a set for summer.

Cobb inlet trip report of dubious quality: I don't have any datalogs for this or, rather, I have no way of extracting them because Windows and VMWare Fusion registration woes combined with internet access troubles that make it impossible for me to use the Windows version of AP Manager (and the Mac version doesn't seem to be able to pull CSVs from the AP.) However; I have noticed that the car is more responsive, the revs climb faster, and boost comes on earlier, but all very slightly.

The AP now shows peak boost at somewhere close to 21psi, over just under 20 before the inlet. 20.7psi is a little worrisome and I might switch to a 91 octane map to get some small margin against knock, but the car pulls extremely hard and smoothly now, all the way to redline without any stutter, and completely consistent time and again, which is a massive improvement over stock.

Before the mods, torque was unimpressive until around 3000rpm at which point it ramped up to holyfuck for a brief moment and then dropped off and became wheezy past 5500. Sometimes the car wouldn't deliver even that kind of response, and seemed almost to be in a limp mode which could be made to go away by turning it off and starting it back up. I felt silly rebooting my car. With the SF intake and inlet pipe, colder Denso plugs, and AP Stage 1+SF tune, it's like a whole other animal.

So, does the inlet represent an improvement that is noticeable and would certainly be measurable if I was capable of doing so? Yes. Is it worth 165 bucks? That really depends. I haven't heard anybody say they're dissatisfied, and I'm not, but with things like the AP or the intake you can really point to definite seat-of-the-pants gains, where the inlet is more intangible. Sure, there's probably a couple extra hp in there, but it's mostly about throttle response and smoothness and things like that. I'd say if you're looking to go crazy and replace all the intake before the turbo and all the exhaust after the turbo it's definitely worth it since you're going to get around to it at some point anyway. If you're happy with Stage 1 or Stage 1+SF already and don't have any other plans, it might not be the most awesome bargain.

At this point, I'm saving up for turbo-back exhaust. I'm not sure if I prefer Corksport's or cp-e's downpipe, nor do I know which catback I like. GHL and cp-e are kind of expensive, Remus is also expensive and a completely unknown quanitity since I know of no one who has one, Corksport's sounds awesome in their clips and supposedly flows the best, but I've heard it drones pretty badly. Anyone got any thoughts?

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

The Impreza looked like the 3 before the 3's redesign :colbert:

meatpimp posted:

On the MZR front -- if I'm looking at a CX-7, how many of the MS3 mods will apply?
Corksport and cp-e can hook you up, and I'm sure some of the less-invested players like ETS might have a couple parts. No AP yet or possibly ever; I'm not sure on that, but the StandBack can fix you for tuning. Prices will be similar to the MS3/MS6.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

MonDubious posted:

Has anyone had problems with CAIs from other manufacturers? Is it recommended to get a reflash after that sort of upgrade?
The Mazdaspeed-branded part is an AEM, I think. Mazdaspeed stuff are just warranty-approved aftermarket pieces. You may have already known this, but I thought I should mention it.

The F5 Fujita intake is garbage, as far as I can tell. HKS, AutoEXE (expensive as gently caress JDM nonsense), cp-e, Corksport, and Cobb all have short intakes. Cobb's is rough on MS3s but the rest should play nice. A bunch of lovely ricer crap exists as well like the AEM and Injen parts.

Cobb, cp-e, or Corksport and you can't go wrong (except for Cobb parts snapping MS3 brackets.)

If you go with a reputable company you won't need a special tune just for the intake. Something like the Fujita probably would.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

trouser chili, I think you know what you must do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSE4dtMFx7I

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

trouser chili posted:

I wonder if they're seeing any performance increases.
It probably trades low-rpm torque for a few hp near redline. I haven't seen any graphs of that specific mod, so it might be solid gold, but I don't know. Sounds like the poo poo, though.

I came across a fantastic thread at mazda6club today and I really can't restrain myself from sharing the OP...

some stupid jerk posted:

i think my rod is bended ,but the engine still running .. sorry i don't have video camcorder to record the sound, but my engine is making the same ticking noise that someone posted the video awhile back..Cant remember who... also my clutch pedal shaking real bad when i'm idling..
I'm going back to stock this weekend .. haven't have a chance to use my 17psi map..thanks god i didn't or else my rod is now sticking thru the block.
Unfortunately dyno date has been cancelled
i'll keep you guys updated...
The whole thread is pretty good, but that first post is just staggering. Bended.

The Mazdaspeed community out there beyond the fortress walls of AI sucks fat balls.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

How are the aftermarket intakes that are available? I'm looking at a MS3 locally that already has a CPE cold air intake on it - if I go for the car should I leave it or find stock parts?
That intake (edit: is fantastic,) and wipes its rear end with the stock piece.

On the topic of aftermarket bits: It looks like Cobb is bailing out on us because we're all jerks. Anyone who knows what the community at large is like knows they're right.

I think this makes cp-e the only real game in town, so that really narrows everything down. I'm definitely going with them for my exhaust whenever I do that, and probably a FMIC at some point too. gently caress, I might even get the Xcel CAI just so it matches underhood.

Frosty- fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 9, 2009

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

As far as I understand it there will be no further development for the MS3 or MS6. Warranties and stuff will be honored, of course, but no new parts will be developed and I believe software development has been halted as well.

As for Corksport, I don't know. I'm kind of freaked out by their crazy FMIC and tales of leaky exhaust or downpipes that block wastegates and cause boost creep.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Anyone who thinks a turbo timer is a good investment for their MS3 is a raging retard and their car should be avoided by prospective customers for eternity. Were those gauges in that lovely-rear end Lotek center pod, by chance? What a horrible piece of crap that thing is.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

If you can wade through this garbage long enough you'll find the links and quotes that explain the story.

As an MS6 owner I didn't really expect anything more from Cobb anyway, but it still came as kind of a surprise.

Edit: It looks like this is really no big deal.

Frosty- fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

Sublime Process posted:

So let me get this straight - Gary at Cobb pulled the plug on the MS3, pissed the community off and then decided to take it back and release no lift shifting and something else for the AP?
Close enough.

quote:

Do you know if they pulled all further development of aftermarket for the car?
As far as I know, all development of hard parts was halted a while ago. Production for Mazdaspeed parts seems to be falling off and may still end because it just doesn't seem to be a profitable endeavor for them.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well, I'm now invoking the wrath of the Mazda curse gods - picked up an '07 MS3 with 24k on the clock tonight, in red. God this thing is a riot :woop:
Yay! :buddy: And no drywall screws in sight, I presume.