Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
2019 & 2020 Mazda 3s are being recalled because they car might just decide to slam on the breaks because reasons. I've had this happen on my 2019, it was terrifying. The mechanic at one dealership said that I probably had a foggy windshield. I don't go to that dealership anymore.

quote:

This recall is related to the automatic emergency braking system equipped to certain models.

According to Mazda, affected vehicles may “unexpectedly stop while driving due to inadvertent activation of the Smart Braking System automatic emergency braking system.” The programming of the system’s software could cause the Mazda3 to “falsely detect an obstacle in front of the vehicle while driving.” In response to that detection, the software may automatically apply the brakes despite no collision being imminent.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/20/mazda3-recall-emergency-braking/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU