Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I currently drive an 07 3s Touring I got in April 07 and owe one more payment on it. I got an invite in the mail from a local dealer for an employee price sale. Which got me thinking about a 13 MS3. I had talked myself out it back in February thinking Id rather be car payment free. But I'm thinking I might want to take advantage of a good trade in value now rather than wait a year. I fear something might break on the 3 negating any savings on no payments. Have any of you had experience with Mazda dealer employee pricing? Does it exclude a speed 3 like all the other deals they offer? Even if it does I think I'm going to talk about what price I might be able to get on one and what they would give me for the 07. They have 4 MS3's in black listed in stock :fap: I miss turbo fun, I traded in a Mitsu GS-T for the 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Tonight was kind of a whirl wind, at the end there is a Mazda 3 parked in front of my apartment. But this one smells nice, has the trunk cut off and has 263hp. Pics to follow when the sun is back.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Unfortunately all I have so far is a crappy cell phone pic. I want my friend to take some pics with his camera since its better than mine. We are going to check out some local back roads Monday Ill see about getting them done then. Although Im sure you guys know what a black 2013 looks like already. Although one good thing is its already tinted to state max from the dealer.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Yea its the grocery store sign reflecting off the shiny newness.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Took the car out on some back roads on Friday evening. The temp had finally dropped outside and the car was pulling nice and hard. Felt great to let it stretch its legs finally. Had to clean off the dead bugs though.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Agreed, the rear end looks too pinched upward.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I was opposed to the hatch too but there was something about the 2nd gen that really grew on me.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Phy posted:

I love driving mine and I still think it looks dorky as poo poo from any angle where you can see the grille. But yeah if they'd have made a Speed version of the 2nd gen sedan I'da got that instead of the hatch.

Didn't I hear rumors that they were going to Speed the Skyactive-D in the 6, like those race cars that didn't do so hot?

What color? I think one thing that attracted me to the black was the front doesn't stick out as much. Back when I got my 3s I was hell bent on a sedan after owning a 2 door coupe. I'm interested to see what Mazda does. I thought that was going to be my last turbo hot rod. I'm not sure where I'll go after this mid life crisis.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Finally got some decent pics of the car. Just washed and quick detailed last night.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I took a sharp right on Friday and heard a thud on the drivers side wheel well area, did the tire hit the wheel well?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Nice looking vehicle.
I got hit with a little bit of the curse last week. Not one but 2 screws in my rear passenger tire. I foolishly thought there would be hazard coverage on the stock tires.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Yea that and he's kind of a dick about Gen 2's.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Did the first oil change on the speed this weekend. Holy poo poo that factory filter did not want to come off. Went through several tools before it finally came off. It was pretty beat up by then. The rest went fine.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I was worried about performance going down to the 2.3 NA from a Turbo, but was pleasantly surprised by its pep too.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

All that snow is gross, my car is keeping its summer shoes on.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Any thoughts on this before I pull the trigger? Probably going to order it unless someone has just had an awful experience with one.

Marty I had a similar one in my first gen. It plugged into the aux port plug on the back of the head unit. Worked great till I shunned Apple devices.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Sorry to see that, that poor 3.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Comedy option, Storm Trooper head.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Yea I sometimes drive my girlfriends bottom of the line 2nd gen 3 auto. Step on the gas and wait for 10 seconds or so then the revs shoot up, and the car barely moves, step on the brakes and the pedal moves 3/4 of the way before it starts to slow down so you over compensate a little and the thing jerks. But its better than taking my speed and getting the kid in it and finding boogers and finger prints all over the place.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Oh hey, back in another 3. I felt I needed to do some downsizing and traded in my 17 wrx for a 17 GT. I was a bit sad to lose the wrx, but Im pretty impressed with the 3 so far. Black wasn't my first choice but I really ended up liking the two tone parchment interior. Also this one was in really good condition and only 17.8k miles. This is my 3rd 3, had an 07 and a 13 speed. Might be the last one for a while though as I'm not a fan of the interior of the 4th gen.

Fingat fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 9, 2020

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Just filled up the 17 for the first time today for only 20 bucks. After 7 years of premium gas cars it made me do a double-take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Hello thread. Here is my new to me 3. Its a used 23 premium, had less than 5k miles on it. Picked it up a week ago. I gave it a full detail Saturday, and got tint done today. This is my 4th 3, (one each gen) and first that isn't black, and my first red car. I like it a lot so far, really like the interior.