Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
I have an 07 MS6 an I absolutely love it, the clutch was hard to get used to and occasionally still messes with me but I love the car. For me its the perfect mixture of daily driver and sporty. I can easily keep up with friends with faster cars like STI's and really look forward to mods that make it breathe better as that seems to be its weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
The check engine light keeps coming on in my ms6, everything seems fine on the car and after talking to mazda the first time it happened they told me that it was more than likely a sensor around the gas cap?..

I tried going by a local shop to have them pull the code but after trying they told me their equipment could not be used on such a new car.

Its done this 3 times so far, and each time the light turns off after 50 miles of driving like Mazda said. Anyone heard of this problem?

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
just posting because im pissed off that the driver side controls on my MS6 for the passenger side front and back windows stopped working. I can use the passenger side controls though so at least its not the motors or something. Ill take it in later this week.

But also wondering if people can give me their opinions on the Cobb SRI.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
I just bought the Cobb MS6 SF Intake from, https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4352. I dont know if its just a glitch, but it says its $11.95.... yea

Well see what happens I guess.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist

ohstone posted:

700200B Mazda MAZDASPEED6 2006-2007 ; SF Intake Recharge Kit Only $11.95

I'm thinking that it's just the cleaner and filter oil.

Haha yea they only changed that after my order. I called them when I kind of realized thats what it was and they just had it labeled wrong.

Turns out they discontinued the MS6 Short ram, sucks. Oh well they canceled my order and refunded me.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
Here is my 07 MS6, this is a old picture as it now has some Cobb stuff on it and tinted windows. I have loved this car, all my friend drive STi's, I wanted something a little less notcied. Perfect daily driver in my opinion.

Captain Cannabis fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 5, 2013

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
Sorry, double post.

Captain Cannabis fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 5, 2013

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
See that lovely MS6 just a post above this? Well poo poo happens. Some drunk coming home after the Superbowl in a Porsche Cayenne Turbo changed lanes into me, pushing me into the median. Then my tire dug in the grass and I rolled 3 times. Well, at least we know they are safe cars. I landed upside down, kicked open the door, climbed out and saw the carnage.

My question, does anyone think that engine/transmission is salvageable, If the price is low enough I may buy the car back from the insurance company. I have different angles if needed.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
Thanks guys, yes I was very lucky, but yes I walked away without any scratches at all. The whole parting out idea came from a buddy who has all the tools and claims that the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo, the transmission and possible some other pieces may be fine., and scrap metal is always worth something right?

Here is another angle.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
After talking to the insurance company, they wanted six thousand to buy it back. I had never heard a quote of that much. I was pleasantly surprised what they offered though, $17861.19 I plan on saving the majority of it and will put two grand or so in my sc400 to use as a daily driver for a while.

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
A little less than 42k. I was very surprised, especially since I started looking around on the net, I was guessing 15k at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
I miss my baby. Remember kids, Drunk drivers suck and avoid them if possible