Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«108 »
Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go. I'm currently a television cameraman in Orlando- live sports mostly, and my wife and I are dead sick of this place. We really want to get out of here, but I'm not sure where the good markets are. I did LA for a bit and didn't really care for it. Plus we have a 1 year old and two dogs, so that life isn't for us. I know there's Atlanta, but it's still basically the climate and terrain of Florida. It's still a possibility, though. There's New York, but I don't really know much about the area. I was also thinking about North Carolina, since there is a ton of teams up there, but, again, I don't really know any of the other TV sports markets.

I mean, my end goal is to get into films, but I still need regular TV work to make ends meet.

Any thoughts?

Edit- I should probably put this in the career thread, sorry

Narzack fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2018 around 19:10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Minneapolis/St. Paul have a ton of pro sports teams and is a great place to raise a family.

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

[Wrong thread, sorry!]

simplyhorribul fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 15:37

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Does SA have an art chat thread/irc?

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

wookieepelt posted:

Minneapolis/St. Paul have a ton of pro sports teams and is a great place to raise a family.

You are not the first one to tell me this. It's on my list of places to check.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

lofi posted:

Does SA have an art chat thread/irc?

As far as I know, this or one of the doodle threads is it. The comics folks used to hang out at #makingcomics on Synirc, which I went on because it was the closest thing I could find to an art channel, but now that's dead too. If you're all on some channel or Discord I don't know about I'd like to hear about it.

Testicular Torque Wrench
Apr 14, 2016

Hello thread.

I am looking for a visual artist.
I don't know their active time period but probably 1920 to 2018. I don't know their origin either but maybe American. This artist does, probably among other things, striking portraits of women in standing/sitting poses, surrounded by fruit, birds, etc on generally pastoral backgrounds. I remember the portraits being gilded or gold-framed, like byzantine Christian art, and generally not in a squared or rectangular shape, but more vertical, with ornate frames. It is not Klimt, but looks a little bit like it.

The gold framing looks like this:

and the color palette/style is quite similar to this:

I have spent the past hour googling a combination of terms and I just can't find them.
Please help!!

Edit: After another hour of googling, I have it was Alphonse Mucha or similar art nouveau.

Testicular Torque Wrench fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 16:59

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

EDIT: Disregard!

melon cat fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2018 around 18:07

psychopomp
Jan 27, 2011

Do those of you who juggle multiple projects work on each of them every day, devote different days for different projects, or power through one project to completion (or some major milestone) before switching to the next?

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

from this broken hill all your praises they shall ring

if it be your will to let me sing

i have multiple projects and i never work on any of them

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I really like having multiple things on the go, it lets me feel like I'm taking a break by switching project.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Hey, hey, you better get back out there. There's a few places on that 'bot that weren't ripped to shreds.

Whichever has some sort of deadline gets put off until that's looming, otherwise it's wherever I had an idea or saw something I wanted to try.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I work in multiple projects per day because thatís just how deadlines stack up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Multiple projects at once, although I try to get to a stopping point with one before hitting the next. Just something where I know it's not finished but I need a break to come back to it.

And I (usually) prioritize based on who's paying the most.

«108 »