Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«111 »
lofi
Apr 2, 2018

photomount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Two sheets of thin glass?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

I'd say apply a fixatif or a spray barrier to prevent any bleeding to the watercolor piece and use a gloss acrylic medium on the glass and use a brayer or roller to eliminate any air bubbles. Use a moistened cloth or sponge to wipe up any excess on the glass. Use some wax paper between some weights until the gloss medium dries. Carefully use a razor type paint scraper to clean any excess off.

Edit: I'm stupid and can't read. Gloss medium or PVA are probably your best bet. I believe either golden or liquitex make a high gloss medium that should be as transparent as possible without yellowing.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2018 around 03:50

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh yeah, I've heard good things about using gloss medium as glue - my mum raves about it, and she's very into textile arts.

Jimmysip
Aug 27, 2012

Thanks gang gloss medium sounds quite promising. Is it this stuff?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's the stuff.

Pixelante
Mar 15, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Is there any interest in a "show off your work" thread? I haven't found anything along those lines, but I'd be really interested to see what other goons are up to.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cawtion Ham

I like the idea, as I don't frequent the CC threads that aren't relevant to my skillset/abilities. It'd be nice to have exposure to different art forms I'm not terribly familiar with. I say go for it.

HungryMedusa
Apr 27, 2003

Sometimes you want to ride the roller coaster twice and you don’t wanna wait in line.

Seconded. I wish I could participate in the daily doodle thread but I never have time. I might be able to post a finished piece like 3 times a year though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pixelante posted:

Is there any interest in a "show off your work" thread? I haven't found anything along those lines, but I'd be really interested to see what other goons are up to.

Hell yeah, go for it!

Pixelante
Mar 15, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

And so it was done. Go post your projects! I want to see what others are making, and show off the stuff I've been working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Looking to spend more time focusing on drawing, and would like to pick up a decent model for references. I'm not a big fan of the classic wood ones but have no idea what's considered good among all the other types out there.

«111 »