Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«121 »
Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

What will you say when
your child asks:
why did you fail Thunderdome?

Cheers everyone. This may sound stupid but I'm starting to realize I've internalized Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain to a point where I feel like that's the only correct way to draw and I should always aim for hyperrealism, which I guess is a pretty unhelpful attitude for drawing. I'm currently giving that plant a shot, fairly certain I'll make a mess, but that's a story for the doodle thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
ABS THUNDERSKULL.

element: thunderbolts.

steed: a thunderbolt.

slogan/motto: "gonna clap them cheeks like a Thunderskull."

hey, where do folks find those hi-rez images of old sexist advertisements? I'm browsing the Library of Congress to no avail, everywhere else just hosts the same handful of hypercompressed images in slideshows and i need them downloaded to my machine, preferrably as uncompressed as possible.
The stuff here is great: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/...50-1960&sg=true but all of the pictures are very very small? please advise.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010

Pillbug

This might be the wrong thread, but I couldn't find a "photoshop" thread even though this is a Gimp question.

Anyone know how to keep the original size of a image when pasting to a new one? For example I have an image that's 35mm but when pasted as a new layer on a new image it shrinks to 8mm for some reason. I didn't see a setting that would cause this.

Futaba Anzu
May 5, 2011

GROSS BOY

Springfield Fatts posted:

This might be the wrong thread, but I couldn't find a "photoshop" thread even though this is a Gimp question.

Anyone know how to keep the original size of a image when pasting to a new one? For example I have an image that's 35mm but when pasted as a new layer on a new image it shrinks to 8mm for some reason. I didn't see a setting that would cause this.

match the 'dpi' value across the photos

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Grimey Drawer

Another "photoshop" question although I only have GiMP and Paint.net available to me:

I have a scan of a faint tracing (graphite pencil on white tracing paper) that's reasonably detailed in spots but very faint overall. Is there a way for one of those tools to embiggen darken / make the lines more solid? The various "trace" and "outline" search terms I used all led to entirely different topics.

I've fooled around with various edge detect + colour invert methods but I have no idea whether that's the best way to go about it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Hubris

Fun Shoe

Have you tried increasing the contrast? That's my go-to for enhancing dim lines. If it causes problems with the background, then once you get the lines dark enough, you can use the "select by color" option in GIMP to select the lines, invert the selection, then delete the background back to white.

(By the way, I recommend getting Glimpse, which is basically GIMP with a name that isn't atrocious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Grimey Drawer

Thanks! I'll give that a shot

«121 »