Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Anybody know what typeface this is?

Identifont doesn't recognize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cum
Sep 18, 2016

Lincoln posted:

Anybody know what typeface this is?

Identifont doesn't recognize it.

Harlow Solid

codl
Jul 28, 2013

cum posted:

Is there a drawing collab program like Drawpile but not a buggy piece of poo poo?

There's aggie.io if you don't mind drawing in a browser.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

codl posted:

There's aggie.io if you don't mind drawing in a browser.

Yeah I don't mind. This looks pretty good I'll give a shot. Thank you!

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

i am harry posted:

The index finger on my drawing hand is sort of hosed. I hurt it moving while carrying heavy stuff and then drawing and tattooing puts so much strain on the ligaments that something is seriously wrong. Obviously I need to get a professional medical person to look at it, but I also need to keep drawing.
Does anyone know if some sort of finger brace exists, like a knee brace you can get in a drug store but not one that is massive and bulky? There are gloves that can be worn to stop your hand smearing stuff or for tablet use, but they connect to the last two digits. I've taken to wrapping it up with self-adhesive bandages in the meantime.

Also, I went looking for a gadgets thread of its own (is there one?), felt slightly inspired to create one, and then remembered that I'm too lazy, but here is another question:

Are there drawing accessories that any of you use that you find invaluable?
For example, I have my apple pencil shoved into a massive disposable tattoo grip so the thing I'm holding is more than an inch wide, and I hear very good things about those screen covers that provide a bit of drag resistance. And off the top of my head, a simple 6H for starting a sketch with since I have a habit of pushing down too hard.

A knitter's/crafter's compression glove may do what you're looking for, but if you're at the point of describing it as "seriously wrong", you need to get someone to look at it asap especially if this is connected to your livelihood.

Ligaments and tendons can definitely be injured further from overuse or use when they're already inflamed. At the very least, please refrain from doing anything that causes pain as much as you can, and ice (through a towel or cloth, never directly on the skin) for up to 15-20 min at a time. If you're already taking NSAIDs for this, needing them for more than a week is a sign something is injured.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

I'm doing a fairly large translation project and I used a PDF to Word app to edit the original text itself. The problem is, certain bits of text are slotted into boxes like in the picture, and since words tend to be longer in my native language, this is causing some issues. Is there any way to unfuck it?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

cum posted:

Harlow Solid

You da man, thank you. I have another one:

WinZip doesn't work in Mac OS Big Sur how the hell do I open a Zip file now?

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Lincoln posted:

WinZip doesn't work in Mac OS Big Sur how the hell do I open a Zip file now?

The built-in archive extractor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Keka?