Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

The most magical song of all.
Are there any good figure pose websites out there? I've been using posemaniacs.com, but as handy as it is, I'm wondering if there aren't any good sites with actual human models?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

I finished inking a drawing and was planning on shading it with an ink wash, only somehow neglected to realize the pen I had inked the panel borders with wasn't water resistant. Luckily I found out on a test paper before I started on the actual page but it still renders it basically unusable. Is there any possible solution to this or do I just toss it in the bin and learn from my mistake?

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

Umbriago posted:

I remember watching a YouTube series a year or so ago which was a step-by-step guide to draw correctly proportioned people. I recall that the first video was the eight heads rule and simple stick man drawings and so on and the series gradually progressed to drawing more detailed musculature and poses. Does anybody remember this? Is it still around? I've tried Googling and searching YouTube but can't find it.

Was it this? http://the-structure-of-man.blogspot.com/

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

How do I get over the anxiety of doing art. I used to draw and write all the time. I wasn't any good at it but I at least had fun doing it. Nowadays it takes me the greater part of a day to get myself "psyched up" to draw, but by that time I'm so tense and my mind is so consumed with the thought of failure that I have no choice but to fail.

I really just have no idea what to do. :sigh:

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

Hopefully this is the right place for this. I had a site bookmarked on a now sadly dead computer that had an amazing rundown of ink wash techniques. They were scans from an old book/magazine written and using examples by old professional ink wash painter who did all those amazing magazine advertisements from the 40's and 50's and it really felt complete and informative in a way that nothing else I've come across has.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the site and could link me?

Or if anyone has a book to recommend on the subject too, that would be a boon.

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

I think it may have. I mostly remember a lot of 40's men and women looking like 40's men and women, and a step-by-step of an ink-after-washing technique with a drawing of a fireman in front of a fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvega
Aug 2, 2006

That's the one! Thank you, I really appreciate it!