Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I want to get this poster printed for my friend's birthday, and was hoping for some advice:

For size, the image is about 1900x2800, and I've heard the standard for printing is like 300ppi, which would mean this comes out to about 6.3x9.3" which is a bit smaller than I'd like. Since it's a pretty simple image, do you think sizing it up to something closer to 11x14" would be okay?

Also, I was thinking about making the paper a little more aged looking. I've heard printing on regular paper, softening the edges, and soaking in tea does a pretty good job of that. Is there a recommended stock for something like that? I'm guessing the brightness of the paper doesn't really matter much. What about inkjet vs laser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU