Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepperoncini
May 21, 2008

Not to be confused with pepperoni.

zap actionsdower! posted:

I'm going to make a painting thread for all your painting needs. It shoooouuuld go up tonight, but we'll see.

Awesome.

I was just going to ask about watercolors. I like to do sketches and gestural drawing in pen. Lately I've been wondering about how they would look with watercolors over them.

What's the price range for "getting into" watercoloring. I have 0 painting supplies.
Any brands I should look for?
Resources?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepperoncini
May 21, 2008

I need to gesso some paper for an oil pastel and ink drawing I'm going to work on. I went to the art supply store and saw that white gesso primer is expensive as all hell. I do have some normal white primer paint in my garage though. Is there any real difference between the two?

Pepperoncini
May 21, 2008

I just painted it on some cheap paper to see how it will work. I'm letting it dry now.

Here's another question. How thick of a layer do you want when gessoing paper? I may have put too much because the paper got really warped with the moisture. Granted it was thinner paper.