Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Do we have a thread for resume feedback? Specifically, those of us in a freelance or non-office job? I'm a freelance sports cameraman, specifically, and I'm trying to build a resume, but getting pretty frustrated with the whole process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Post your portfolio in the dorkroom if you want crit on it I guess.

That's one of the problems. Since I work in TV, I don't have one. I don't own any of the footage I shoot, it's all live and belongs to whatever network I'm working for.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go. I'm currently a television cameraman in Orlando- live sports mostly, and my wife and I are dead sick of this place. We really want to get out of here, but I'm not sure where the good markets are. I did LA for a bit and didn't really care for it. Plus we have a 1 year old and two dogs, so that life isn't for us. I know there's Atlanta, but it's still basically the climate and terrain of Florida. It's still a possibility, though. There's New York, but I don't really know much about the area. I was also thinking about North Carolina, since there is a ton of teams up there, but, again, I don't really know any of the other TV sports markets.

I mean, my end goal is to get into films, but I still need regular TV work to make ends meet.

Any thoughts?

Edit- I should probably put this in the career thread, sorry

Narzack fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 5, 2018

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

wookieepelt posted:

Minneapolis/St. Paul have a ton of pro sports teams and is a great place to raise a family.

You are not the first one to tell me this. It's on my list of places to check.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Does anyone else use Movie Magic Scheduler 6? I'm trying to increase the default font size, and I'm just stumped. Text is so cramped and small, it's ridiculous.