Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
TLDR: What should I learn if I want to quickly stitch together images and videos (from existing material) and add all sorts of crazy glitchy and shaky effects to them? Premiere? After Effects?

My use case: I compose music (cinematic, games, edm etc) and to showcase it on various social media it helps to have a great video to go with it, so that people aren't just staring at a boring still image for a few minutes, that's not how IG works. Now, I don't have months to make each video, and sometimes I'm putting out a track a day, so I need to figure out a way to get something out quick there *fast* and still make it look somewhat alive, and have it pair well with the aesthetic of the track.

I've seen people do all sorts of work in iMovie + lots of glitch-inducing apps on iOS, but it'd be nice to be able to do it all on my Mac so that I have more control over the editing (easier to chop up things on a computer than on a phone) and I don't have to constantly pass files around over AirDrop. I'd rather do all I need in one place and call it a day.

Also, where do people get video material for "sampling"? I've been using Upsplash for my images, which is OK, the selection is not incredible, but what about stock video, especially the more creative kind? I guess I can get away with stills if I apply enough moving effects and filters to them.

Thanks in advance, gang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU