Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Why is it called "Lightroom" and not "Darkroom"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Posted this elsewhere but was advised I might get better answers here:

My sister is a stick and poke tattoo artist and during the lockdown she wants to try something new and do ASMR recordings of her sessions (right now just people in her bubble) - from my understanding what she's going to be recording (needle going into skin, hand manipulating needle) isn't going to be optimal for recording.

We discussed the importance of ASMR content being stereo, detailed, and "close", and I don't know what microphone setup to recommend.

I was thinking the 3DIO ear mics that people use, but that's impractical and too expensive.

I have a blue yeti so we could test with that but something tells me we'd want a directional mic pointed at the part of the body where she will be working.

Anyone here have an suggestions or can point me in a direction to find out a solution?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

when I was pirating photoshop in the early 2000's I started with adding effects to text and then working from there. it seems like you have the conception you just don't know how the tool works. It seems like in the example you have you could have used the selection tool with rounded edges to removed the 90° corners from the image you copied over.

Then you can always use a blur tool on the edges of composited images, like your phone background, to makes seams less apparent.

But starting with Photoshop tutorials/gimp tutorials online, and maybe watching a 10 minutes tutorial on graphic design basics or something. It really depends on what you want to do.